Unit Request Thread 3

I would like a plane that takes off and lands vertically and flys horizontaly to add as an upgrade for helicopters sense they are pretty useless.

hey,
i have played civ III for a while, but ony got onto this recently. i have tried to design my own scenario with modern units found on here. I did see that there was an assault ship. It looks like the LPD class of ships. I had tried to use and allied carrier from the WWII scenario for an assault ship (LHA class), but it wouldnt take both aircraft and ground units. does this assault ship take both? if so how do you edit/create it in the civ3 edit program? and could you use both helicopters and harriers on it? another thing i was thinking of was those amtraks that the marines fall out of the back of the assault ship in. or those goofy hovercraft they use too. has anybody made any of those?

sorry, i tend to ramble. 2 thing basically. a marine amtrak and an assault ship (lha class). how about those for suggestions?

jim

Last edited:
a marine amtrak and an assault ship (lha class). how about those for suggestions?

Amtrak (some more ww2 versions are in the database, please search for yourself)

sorry, im a 20 yr army grunt. i dont know much about the corp. i think they call it the LVT-7 (latest version is the AAV). i do know it takes a dive off of the amphib ships, then resurfaces. anything on having an amphib ship that launches air and ground assets?

Last edited:
holy crap! sweet! i found the AAV thingy. thanks Ares. now for the amphib ship thing. any suggestions anybody?

Hey, thanks for helping me find the harrior guys.

thanks, i just caught it. great ships on there. from all that i have seen NOBODY has fixed the amphib ships carrying both air and ground stuff. that would rock if somebody could fix that. well, that and make helicopters NOT suck.

uhm, i have another question. what do you do if a unit graphic doesnt have a XXLG and and XXSM pcx file? that Tarawa Carrier zip file didnt have one.

To answer your questions about the helicopters, i just modded my game to have an upgrade for them. I used this one sense planes usually need a runway but when you airdrop the don't use it.

myroksoff Many things to do with Civ 3 are hardcoded, you cannot mod many aspects of the game, eg culture groups can only be 5 etc. When I gave a Land unit the ability to transport other land units and air units the two things cancelled eachother out and it could not transport anything. In the editor the flag is "Tansports only foot units" and "transports only Air units". Note the word only. I suspect it is not possible to have a unit transport two types. However, I only tried it with a land unit, and not with a sea unit. I could be wrong though.

This is probably very off-topic for this thread, possibly why no one is replying to that part of your question. Perhaps you should start a thread on it in the Civ 3 customization section of the forum.

Cheers

Nick

Last edited:
uhm, i have another question. what do you do if a unit graphic doesnt have a XXLG and and XXSM pcx file? that Tarawa Carrier zip file didnt have one.

Moderator Action: You can start by asking the questions where they should go, ie in the main Creation & customization forum. This thread is to request new unit graphics, not for question about unit modding

sheesh. okay. while i am still on the unit requests thread, i have another couple of things i was thinking of. first is the fun little OH-6 Loach/Cayuse. the second is my fav helo, the CH/MH-53. then at work this morning i was thinking of a MOAB. or have these already been done?

Top Bottom