Crazy Spatz's Alpha Centauri Mod

Seems as though this project has fallen on the backburner, but being a massive AC fan is there any chance it will be revived at some point?

If not, is there a more current alternative?

Aside from Caveman 2 Cosmos being the best Mod made, Maniac's Planetfall ranks a tight 2nd with me. It has all of the cool aspects of Alpha Centauri with added game play changes. Check it out, hosted on Mod DB website.. or www.weplayciv.com I think is the correct URL. He has forums on this site too dude. You will love it!

Seems as though this project has fallen on the backburner

It hasn't fallen on the back burner. It was on hold until the DLL was released, which it now has been. I'm working on getting the mods up-to-date now, but it's not quite ready yet; there'll be something barely functional released within the next couple of weeks, and then a more refined version sometime in January once I finish merging the new features.

Also, you're looking at the wrong thread. This is the old archive thread from the Modpacks forum, predating when they gave me my own forum to post things in. That's why there hadn't been a post here in almost a year. All discussions are now in the General Discussions thread or the three module-specific ones. (Really, I should ask the mods to lock this thread.)

Wait, January ETA?
Awesome, I'll get to play the greatest CivV mod to date for the new year!
Seriously, though, that's great. Is that for Ascension only, or does it also include Mythology and Empires?

Is that for Ascension only, or does it also include Mythology and Empires?

The goal is to have all three mods functional again before Christmas (and thanks to the last patch, that means you can finally stack Mythology with Ascension!), but that's using "functional" in the crudest sense (no crashes, does all the critical stuff). Once that's done, I'll start on the more involved stuff, like merging the G&K Faith system with my own Favor mechanisms. Ascension will take the least work, so it'll probably be cleaned up first. (I'm not going anywhere for the holidays, so I'll have plenty of time to mod.)

hello guys my first time modding and i cant find the age of man or any other mod to download is not on the Ages of Man: the FILES thread i searched the download section of the site and cant find it can you help me?

Spatzimaus, could you just place here a link to download Alpha Centauri mod?
I can't find it neither here in attachments or in file thread.

hello guys my first time modding and i cant find the age of man or any other mod to download is not on the Ages of Man: the FILES thread i searched the download section of the site and cant find it can you help me?

Spatzimaus, could you just place here a link to download Alpha Centauri mod?
I can't find it neither here in attachments or in file thread.

Have you read the first post of the file thread ?

Have you read the first post of the file thread ?

So what? There was: "I've removed the download links until this is fixed."
Is that what you mean?

I just want to download one of the latest versions of this mod, which is compatible with some version of Civ5.

People, could you share some working version of Alpha Centauri mod?

Yep, I meant that "I've removed the download links until this is fixed" should be understood exactly as it is written, and explained pretty well why you couldn't find it neither here in attachments or in the files thread.

AFAIK, as he is still working on a fixed version, I suppose Spatzimaus will be reluctant to allow access to the broken one (at least publicly, because when you do that, whatever the number of red warnings you'll put around the download link, there will always be someone to ask why it's not working), but anyway only him should answer your request.

What he said.

Here's the deal; I was planning on developing a fixed version on my Christmas vacation. That didn't happen for a number of reasons. Since then, I've been extremely busy; I'm trying to find a job right now in my field, and there just aren't many of them so it's not going well. For the past month, I simply haven't had the time or inclination to debug a bunch of little things that are still going wrong with the mod, and my little free time has been split between several games.

I'm not completely ignoring the mod, but I can't give an ETA on when it'll be fully functional. And until I'm sure it WORKS, I'm not uploading it; yes, I know this sucks for people who want an Alpha Centauri-based mod to play, but there's just no point in giving you something that I know will break everything.

When Civ4 came out there was a dedicated movement to build an Alpha Cen mod, named Planetfall.

This was great in its own right, but I prefer the Civ5 engine to the Civ4 engine, so would be super excited to see a Civ5 SMAC mod!

Especially if you can find someone who can do the 3d diplomacy animations representing the Alpha Centauri characters. This was something that never quite got there with planet fall.

Apologies if this question has already been asked a thousand times.

Its been many years after his last update. Will there ever be a download link? Surely he has handled life issued throughout the 4 year span? This is a very beautiful mod i have just now come across, I hope that it can be allowed to download soon!!

That is of course if I was just blind, during the time ive been searching for the download button.

Last edited:
Top Bottom