Turn Discussion Thread

Also, could you turn on resource indicators when taking screenshots here? It just makes it easier on us who can't access the game. :)

Uh, I have them on. Look at the sheep.

There just aren't any resources. :mischief:

Yeah, this map appears to be amazingly empty of resources. Worse even than Tectonics, it seems. That's going to make it very difficult to found cities that can grow to a decent size. :( Let's hope things change soon.

I vote for W. If there were huts on this map I'd go SW, but without them I think W is better. No need to rush our exploration... take our time and uncover everything instead.

After reconsideration W-SW seems better. Better check all the available tiles right away and we're not in a hurry yet to scout the south. Our first settler will take almost 30 turns to be finished.

It seems that Team Cavalieros (Pacal) didn't go for early religion. This probably won't change our plans since we want Bronze Working before Mystisicm. However the lack of early happy resources would make early religion quite appealing.

(SW would just reveal less tiles and W reveals more coastal tiles and has less risk of barbarians).

On Monarch First barbs emerge ~turn 40. Nevertheless lions and especially bears are threat already at this point.

A lion popped up directly southwest between turns, yeep! So much for that option. I move one west to reveal the lands past the river. What do we find? Wheat? Fish? Maybe some more silk?!!

Bare coast, plains and desert. :goodjob:

This map is turning out to be worse than I though it would be. At least we have horses and floodplains.

Anyway, assuming our warrior survives, we'll just have to heal him. Try to get him back to the capital to do so, though.

Also, how did all the teams's scores increase? Ours went up by 6 but we didn't finish a tech or have a population increase.

Yeah, this map appears to be amazingly empty of resources. Worse even than Tectonics, it seems. That's going to make it very difficult to found cities that can grow to a decent size. :( Let's hope things change soon.

Ya know, you did lose your scout pretty early. Maybe you should try exploring more of the map? Not to mention, you guys are Financial and have like a gazillion floodplains tiles to work with. :D

Ya know, you did lose your scout pretty early. Maybe you should try exploring more of the map? Not to mention, you guys are Financial and have like a gazillion floodplains tiles to work with. :D

Get out of here you omniscient demigod, taunting is with your... knowing everything-ness.

Floodplains are great but they don't pay for everything, we need resources to raise those happy/health caps. I'm sure there are some slinking in the shadows...

If we survive and are severly injured, we should retreat behind saturns borders. However, if other lion moves to block us it might be better to heal in place or try to run away. If lion doesn't attack, I would like to have discussion after we see where the lions are going.

This is not a big deal, but I suggest that if something like this comes up between the turns it would be good idea to ask opinions from others before going forward. Thereatening lion might change our opinions.

We've been unlucky with our scouting. However I think this hasn't done much harm so far. In most cases city with horses should be our 2nd city and we've found a good horse city site that has also food and is not too far away. Furthermore there is quite good place for our 3rd city already visible. After we got immortals out our scouting problems will be solved and we can start to find other city sites.

I don't know about running all the way back, that seems like it'd waste quite a few turns... maybe if we're extremely damaged so it'd take like 7 turns to heal, but if its just 4 or so there's no need to move.

Okay guys, it's our turn, but we have a decision to make so we haven't moved yet.

First of all, good news, the warrior survived. However he is extremely damaged, he'll take ten turns to heal out here. And look at the situation:

We can stay in place or make a break for our culture, but if we do there's a very good chance the lion will move and trap us into a battle. We will not survive another attack.

The only way to not risk getting trapped is to run SW, and then try to reach the forest. This way we will definitely have the option to escape the lion. But of course, we could run smack-dab into something else.

So which way do we gamble? Run away deeper and hope we don't hit anything? Run back and hope the lion moves away? Either way has some luck. Personally I vote to go deeper, the forest offers better production than these hills anyway. At the very least we might reveal some more tiles before dying.

wow. We're truly unlucky. Normally this fight has a lot better result and there is another lion coming. At least warrior didn't die.

I agree Joshua368. We should try to run away and go SW.

Okay that's 3-for 0-against, seems unlikely to be overturned so I make the move.

Holy food resource, Batman!

Barring another barb appearing to our west mid-turn, I vote moving 1W into the woods next turn. Brave the one square of fog that'll be uncovered, and hope to heal in the defensive terrain.

If the lion chases us, we won't have a choice anyway.

i say "run forest run" deeper in hell. SW shall it be. [EDIT> too late]

next turn lets hide in forest. W

Top Bottom