For the love of god the spies, THE SPIES!

Etimos

Chieftain
Please in the name of all thats holy help me!

Every single turn i have to search through the production tabs of every single city in my empire because if i don't, those damn spies have my cities manufacturing settlers and cavalry! At least i hope its spies, because my cities aren't on auto-manage production.

If it is spies, HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM?! I've tried moving military units around the area, my espionage tab is set to 100%, i have a counter-intel agency in every single city, but they just keep cranking out cavalry and settlers and god knows what else for no reason other than to tick me off!

If its not spies, then what is it? How do i stop it? ITS DRIVING ME MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Also, MY VASSALS ARE SPYING ON ME!!! Wtf? Japan, my second vassal, poisoned the water in one of my towns! Or tried to anyway.

And wth, India too! Both of my vassals are using their spies to destroy my buildings and sabotage my cities! WTH?!!!!! THEY'RE MY VASSALS!! AND THEY'RE BOTH FRIENDLY TO ME!!!! WHAT IS THE DEAL?!!!!

So far as I can see from looking through the civilopedia and online sources, there is no way to detect or stop spies! Intelligence agencies stop them 50% of the time, or at least they're supposed to, but now i'm having instances where it tells me they stopped it, then immediately tells me that the sabotage went through. I like most of the new features in this game, but spies are pissing me off. This is stupid, how is there absolutely no counter for spies? Counter-intelligence ops shouldnt target enemy cities and make enemy missions more expensive, they should target your own cities to protect from spies! You should be able to set a spy to sentry duty. In which case when two spies go at it, one on sentry and one on attack, they have a little fight and the winner performs their action. SPY VERSUS SPY BABY!!!

think you may be having other problems but remember

spies stop spies

military is blind to spies.

maybe its just being glitchy. I've saved and exited, I'll see if it still does it next time i start the game, tomorrow. But GOOD GOD! I researched tanks, and now its building tanks randomly too!

It is changing the production from what i originally told it to make to whatever it wants!

please check game manual page 16

I have the canadian retail version of the game, which includes a bilingual manual. Page 16 in my manual details how to load a mod, which is un-helpful in the current situation.

What is the quote on page 16 that would help me, in your version of the manual?

I checked. My governers are not set on auto. The power died a while ago and i restarted from an autosave, so maybe its just a glitch. But my opponents have been throwing spies at me pretty much non-stop, so that was my first suspicion

I'm pretty sure spies can't change production of a foreign city. It's probably a glitch. However, if you are having trouble with spies, then if you fortify your own spies in cities there's more chance of them getting caught.

think you may be having other problems but remember

spies stop spies

military is blind to spies.

The manual is actually incorrect on many points. After the manual was printed, this feature was changed so in fact there is no way to see enemy spies.

In general the civilopedia is more reliable and actual game experience even more so!:)

This is the first time I've heard of such a "glitch". As was said, foreign spies can't change your production so you are probably doing something by accident to keep changing the production. Double check whether the production automation is on (make sure you're not confusing it with the citizen automation button) and go over your options screen in the menu... although I'm not sure if anything in there is relevant.

Note also that if you click on a new item to build, it will simply put it at the front of the queue, and anything that was being produced will be placed one step back in the queue. So if you change the production from settler to a barracks for example, once the barracks finishes the city will automatically start building the settler with no prompt from you. To remove things from the queue you must click on the city then click on the item in the queue you want to remove.

It could have been real life spies, sent to your house to put your civ options to have auto governing on.. scary :O

This is the first time I've heard of such a "glitch". As was said, foreign spies can't change your production so you are probably doing something by accident to keep changing the production. Double check whether the production automation is on (make sure you're not confusing it with the citizen automation button) and go over your options screen in the menu... although I'm not sure if anything in there is relevant.

Note also that if you click on a new item to build, it will simply put it at the front of the queue, and anything that was being produced will be placed one step back in the queue. So if you change the production from settler to a barracks for example, once the barracks finishes the city will automatically start building the settler with no prompt from you. To remove things from the queue you must click on the city then click on the item in the queue you want to remove.

It has to be a glitch, because its not human error. The last turn, before i saved and quit, I watched the production que for three of my cities change from Research to Cavalry, while the game turn was concluding. It couldnt have been me doing anything because i wasnt able to do anything. It was Research when i ended my turn, and Cavalry when the next turn came up. I'll reload now right before bed and see if it's fixed.

It has to be a glitch, because its not human error. The last turn, before i saved and quit, I watched the production que for three of my cities change from Research to Cavalry, while the game turn was concluding. It couldnt have been me doing anything because i wasnt able to do anything. It was Research when i ended my turn, and Cavalry when the next turn came up. I'll reload now right before bed and see if it's fixed.

Did you download the new patch (3.03)? Perhaps it is an issue with something in that. I just think it is strange that no one else at all has reported this problem. It's uncommon for a bug to single out one person and ruin the game for them.

I should have mentioned that if you believe it's a genuine bug you should post in the bug reports forum. You'd need to provide a gamsave I'd say, and explain the steps to reproduce it.

Downloaded the patch today, and installed it shortly after making this post, after i saved and quit the game. Issue resolved. Thanks for the help dudes. Be on the lookout for this glitch in the future. Sure did wierd the hell right outta me.

I sure would like a game option turning off the new BtS espionage content (without turning off anything else, thankyouverymuch)

I sure would like a magic device that stopped people complaining about features because they can't be bothered to use them properly.

kazapp: It's weird that you don't like espionage. I really like it since I'm now, again, able to steal techs from AIs. Previous espionage system is weak in my opinions.

Still getting this glitch >.< Tried it again this morning and some of my cities are randomly starting to construct cavalry, and others are making tanks. Its really starting to piss me off!

The AI automation features are definitely buggy. I've had workers build forts and destroy my improvements even when I was certain that I had not clicked any of the automation buttons or checked 'worker starts automated'.

Top Bottom