[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

beorn said:
I hope Kael does not mind, but I'm putting it on my server here:
http://www.bemont.net/FallfromHeaven2016.exe (This is .16 without any patches)

That is so NICE : thanks to you I'll finally get the THING: I have been trying since it was uploaded, but without being able to use my download manager i have never been able to get it (I tried more than once a day !!!)
So cool to find this server

thank you so much

This is my first post to this thread. I just started playing the mod, heck call it a game; that's what it is, about 2 weeks ago. I love it :goodjob: Just wanted to tell you guys how great I think it is and make a couple suggestions or requests for the future updates.

First, I'd like to see some more religions, don't know how feasible this is since Civ 4 only has 7, but I think there ought to be more than there are now. They really add flavor to the setting, especially since it's fantasy and religion usually plays a huge part in any fantasy settings. Like Terry Prachett says in the Discworld books, it's hard be athiest when the gods come down off their mountain and stomp you flat for it :lol: Right now there's 2 EVIL religions :eek: 1 GOOD religion :king: and 2 sorta neutral religions. I just think a little more spread would be nice, esp. since the 2 neutrals are pretty much intended for 2 races, same with the good. Doesn't mean they have to have them, just that's the best, hmm, fit I guess. I was thinking maybe a religion that worships the magic god or gods, Nantosuelta and Ceridwen. Perhaps a naturalist philosophy, not religion really, that preaches not athiesm, but that man shouldn't be involved in the Heavenly War, for the agnostics. Maybe a Church of Oghma, based around learning and the preservation of knowledge. Just a couple ideas I had.

Another thing is I was wondering if it would be possible to put in a reward for clearing out the barrows and ruins, kind of like the goodie huts, but make sure that no barbarians pop out :eek:

Anyway, just wanted to say hey and great job :goodjob: . This is one Mod that should be the game, and the game a mod of it :D .

Oh yeah, was wondering if anybody else was reminded of a golden oldie, Master of Magic. This is the closest I've ever played to a sequel to it, and it's great.

Ripper1776

Cthulu saves souls.....in case he gets hungry later :eek:

I love the static art for all the loading screens and Leader pics. Who does all those or where do you get them? Awesome!!

Ripper1776 said:
This is my first post to this thread. I just started playing the mod, heck call it a game; that's what it is, about 2 weeks ago. I love it :goodjob: Just wanted to tell you guys how great I think it is and make a couple suggestions or requests for the future updates.

First, I'd like to see some more religions, don't know how feasible this is since Civ 4 only has 7, but I think there ought to be more than there are now. They really add flavor to the setting, especially since it's fantasy and religion usually plays a huge part in any fantasy settings. Like Terry Prachett says in the Discworld books, it's hard be athiest when the gods come down off their mountain and stomp you flat for it :lol: Right now there's 2 EVIL religions :eek: 1 GOOD religion :king: and 2 sorta neutral religions. I just think a little more spread would be nice, esp. since the 2 neutrals are pretty much intended for 2 races, same with the good. Doesn't mean they have to have them, just that's the best, hmm, fit I guess. I was thinking maybe a religion that worships the magic god or gods, Nantosuelta and Ceridwen. Perhaps a naturalist philosophy, not religion really, that preaches not athiesm, but that man shouldn't be involved in the Heavenly War, for the agnostics. Maybe a Church of Oghma, based around learning and the preservation of knowledge. Just a couple ideas I had.

Another thing is I was wondering if it would be possible to put in a reward for clearing out the barrows and ruins, kind of like the goodie huts, but make sure that no barbarians pop out :eek:

Anyway, just wanted to say hey and great job :goodjob: . This is one Mod that should be the game, and the game a mod of it :D .

Oh yeah, was wondering if anybody else was reminded of a golden oldie, Master of Magic. This is the closest I've ever played to a sequel to it, and it's great.

Ripper1776

Cthulu saves souls.....in case he gets hungry later :eek:

Yeah, there were 20 "real" religions and several lesser ones in the source material. I doubt we will ever see all of them added to the mod, at some point the game suffers to many options. But I can definitly see adding more than we have now, worship of Bhall, Lugus or Esus are probably the most likely.

Yeah, I loved master of magic and it definitly influenced the design of FfH, especially in the magic system. That, Fantasy General and Heroes of Might and Magic III were some of my favorite games. But they never handled non-military aspects of the game like civ does. Balancing an economy, growth, research, happiness and a military as a unified whole is the model that Sid developed and lead to the best games ever made. I always dreamed about combining my favorite fantasy strategy games with that model.

And to be honest I played some of the earlier fantasy civ mods but they always seemed to be civ with a fantasy paint job (Im sure a lot because prior to Civ4 there was only so much that could be done from modding). So I wanted FfH to play different than Civ4, to feel like it had been designed from the ground up as a fantasy game.

Lastly, yes we are talking about adding a minor gold reward for knocking out a monster lair.

x 77 x said:
I love the static art for all the loading screens and Leader pics. Who does all those or where do you get them? Awesome!!

Some fo the best artists in the business. None of the 2d art in FfH is made for the mod, its all from professional artists webpages. There are links int he first post of this thread to most of them.

Patch "c" is uplaoded and linked int he first post. It resolves the following issues:

1. Fixed the python error when immortals are killed.
2. Fixed the 'bChanged' error when going into the tech chooser screen.
3. Mercenary Conversion Chance added to the editor, defaults to 50%.
4. Lanun Immortal correctly changed from 8 to 12 strength.
5. Loki and Gypsy Caravans now correctly give 1 gold per turn to their civ when they are in other civs cities.
6. "Give Axe" ability changed to a "Take Axe" ability so it doesn't have to be a targeted ability any longer.
7. Join Commander ability switch to an ability of units in the stack with the commander so its no longer targeted.
8. Copper is revealed with Mining, Iron is revealed with Smelting, Mithril is revealed with Metal Casting (all ores reveal one tech earlier, they are still unusable until the real tech is learned but it gives the player some insight as to whats available before he commits to the full research).
9. Linked the Bannor Crossbowman correctly.
10. New art for the Orc Shaman (by seZereth).
11. Pact of the Nilhorn cost increased from 300 to 500.

Patch "c" will not break save games.

Kael said:
I just get page not found trying to hit that link.

Yeah, I thought you had grabbed it already so I removed it.

It's up again now.

Nightingale said:
Yeah, I thought you had grabbed it already so I removed it.

It's up again now.

Got it fixed. The fix will be included in patch "d". Thanks.

I knowthe patches are easy installations, but I was just wondering is there anything that shows what patch I'm actually running? I know some mods say it right in the Civlopedia. I also know that FFH2 says v.16 in the upper righthand corner of the main menu, but it doesn't say patch C is loaded. Just curious if there was a way to let me know that I'm actually running FFH2 v16 with patch C. Thanks!

Maybe this was answered before, but is there a way to see what trait changes when playing as the insane Belseraph leader? Can't figure out for the life of me.

As an aside, would it be possible in future patches to include what changed to what in the pop-up?

manooly said:
I knowthe patches are easy installations, but I was just wondering is there anything that shows what patch I'm actually running? I know some mods say it right in the Civlopedia. I also know that FFH2 says v.16 in the upper righthand corner of the main menu, but it doesn't say patch C is loaded. Just curious if there was a way to let me know that I'm actually running FFH2 v16 with patch C. Thanks!

Yeap, I dont update the screen everytime because I would be unable to pack it (okay the real reason is that Im lazy).

But you can always check your current version by looking at the readme file in the 'Fall from Heaven 2 016' directory.

Crisqo said:
Maybe this was answered before, but is there a way to see what trait changes when playing as the insane Belseraph leader? Can't figure out for the life of me.

As an aside, would it be possible in future patches to include what changed to what in the pop-up?

If you mouseover your flag it shows your leader traits.

Kael said:
Yeah, there were 20 "real" religions and several lesser ones in the source material. I doubt we will ever see all of them added to the mod, at some point the game suffers to many options. But I can definitly see adding more than we have now, worship of Bhall, Lugus or Esus are probably the most likely.

Yeah, I loved master of magic and it definitly influenced the design of FfH, especially in the magic system. That, Fantasy General and Heroes of Might and Magic III were some of my favorite games. But they never handled non-military aspects of the game like civ does. Balancing an economy, growth, research, happiness and a military as a unified whole is the model that Sid developed and lead to the best games ever made. I always dreamed about combining my favorite fantasy strategy games with that model.

And to be honest I played some of the earlier fantasy civ mods but they always seemed to be civ with a fantasy paint job (Im sure a lot because prior to Civ4 there was only so much that could be done from modding). So I wanted FfH to play different than Civ4, to feel like it had been designed from the ground up as a fantasy game.

Lastly, yes we are talking about adding a minor gold reward for knocking out a monster lair.

Cool, thx for the quick answer. On the Religions, I'm not asking for a whole bunch more, just a few more to flesh things out a little better. You're right feature creep is definitely something to guard against. I just think the religions add to the whole in an important way.

Anyway, great mod, I'll definitely keep playing

Ripper1776

Ripper1776 said:
Yep, it was great. Incredibly buggy and quite a nitpicker regarding EMS allocation, but still... Have you tried "Age of Wonders" and its sequel "Shadow Magic"? If you liked Master of Magic, then these ones are worth a try, I think. ;) I'd say it's about half-way between Master of Magic and heroes of might and magic 3...

Nil_The_Frogg said:
Yep, it was great. Incredibly buggy and quite a nitpicker regarding EMS allocation, but still... Have you tried "Age of Wonders" and its sequel "Shadow Magic"? If you liked Master of Magic, then these ones are worth a try, I think. ;) I'd say it's about half-way between Master of Magic and heroes of might and magic 3...

Yep, i've played AoW:Shadow Magic, it's pretty good, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for MoM.

Ripper 1776

Cthulu saves souls.....and redeems them on double coupon days :lol:

Ah-low-ha everybody, nice to see you all again. I haven't been playing that much as of lately, but the mod has come along nicely. How ever What happened to the Malakim? I like their desert combat bonus, but what happened to their building that upgraded everything with a sight bonus? The tower of mastery victory condition is cool, takes a good place for the space race victory. I like Balseraphs insane ability. Well as much as anyone that can like a ability that randomly gives 3 diferent traits that can change at anytime. The adaptive trait is also cool.
I see that the Lanun has had a face lift, and I like the Kuriotates'es centar unit.

But that raises a question. Are Kuriotates going to eventualy have diferent units with difernt race promotions? I think that with all clearly raced races, one with dwarves, elves, centars, humans, even maybe orcs under one banner, would realy cool and unique. I can't think of any other Civ that would serve this purpose better than the Kuriotates.

samari_tycoon said:
Ah-low-ha everybody, nice to see you all again. I haven't been playing that much as of lately, but the mod has come along nicely. How ever What happened to the Malakim? I like their desert combat bonus, but what happened to their building that upgraded everything with a sight bonus? The tower of mastery victory condition is cool, takes a good place for the space race victory. I like Balseraphs insane ability. Well as much as anyone that can like a ability that randomly gives 3 diferent traits that can change at anytime. The adaptive trait is also cool.
I see that the Lanun has had a face lift, and I like the Kuriotates'es centar unit.

But that raises a question. Are Kuriotates going to eventualy have diferent units with difernt race promotions? I think that with all clearly raced races, one with dwarves, elves, centars, humans, even maybe orcs under one banner, would realy cool and unique. I can't think of any other Civ that would serve this purpose better than the Kuriotates.

Loki pitched an idea for hybrid species with the kuriotates. The problem is the art requirements that would take. I dont know about giving them elves and dwarves though, that may mix their flavor a bit.

Updates! Updates! The people crave updates!

No, but really.. Keep the goods coming. We all know it just gets better with each one. *laughs insanely*

On a more serious note, mumblings of patch D. When, what, and.. Uh.. Well, yeah.

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
Updates! Updates! The people crave updates!

No, but really.. Keep the goods coming. We all know it just gets better with each one. *laughs insanely*

On a more serious note, mumblings of patch D. When, what, and.. Uh.. Well, yeah.

Cheers!

0.16 will be the last version for a while so nothing new of signifigance anytime soon Im afraid. Patch "d" will be released (probably friday) but its just a few bug fixes, nothing major. Unless your French, it has all Keldan's french translations in it.

Top Bottom