v.621 game not properly starting

MrWhite

Warlord
This is getting very annoying so I hope somebody can help me...

On my new laptop the game starts pretty smooth, intro running and game selection no problem at all. But when I start a new game (must admit I haven't tried to load a game) the game freezes and quits. I have tried a dozen of times and each time the same result.
The only change was after I tried some graphic settings, now I get a report that the game crashes from windows... :mad:

I have a laptop with Windows 7, Geforce GT 425M graphic card with 1GB, 4 GB total memory and i3 processor. Any idea what may be causing the crashing?

Please post your DxDiag file (see my sig). I'll move this thread to Tech Support.

Moderator Action: Thread moved to the Tech Support forum.

Try the leader diplo screen at the lowest. This was what crashed the game for me. If you get the screen with no leader movement, then try the next setting.

Try the leader diplo screen at the lowest. This was what crashed the game for me. If you get the screen with no leader movement, then try the next setting.
Thx for the advise, unfortunately leader screen graphic setting is already at 'minimum'. So no lower setting is possible. That goes for all settings btw: they are either at 'low' or at 'off', both with DX9 and DX11.

It would be so cool to see the leaders actually moving... but I'll already be happy when the game works. :)

No problem about first posting in Bug Reports.

It appears that you don't have the most recent video driver. Your DxDiag shows version 8.15.10.2202 and I see version 8.15.10.2226 on the Intel site. My first suggestion is to update this driver and see what happens.

Thanks for your quick reply!
I've updated the driver (already had some others updated before) but unfortunately with no effect.
A new DxDiag has been added to make sure all details are up to date.

Attachments

• DxDiag2.txt
    49.2 KB · Views: 99
My next suggestion is to have Steam verify the integrity of your game cache (Steam --> Library --> Games --> Right-click on Civ 5 --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify integrity of Game Cache). Let us know what happens.

Hmmm... "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired."

File automatically replaced, try to start a game again... screen flashes extensively... AND IT WORKS!!! :D:goodjob:

Thanks for your quick and solid advise!!!!
Tonight I will start raising the graphic details to see how far I can go. :) Now first a day of work while thinking I can finally play the game. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom