Unit Request Thread

Any chance someone could modify one of those infantry units and put an Israeli shield / logo on one for me? Traditional Fairline logo / crest / shield I mean....whatever you call it.

Thank you sir! If you look at the spreadsheet of Fairline infantry linked in this thread and on the SL wiki, the little guy I want is in Column 5 - Row 14. Right now he has an American flag but I need him to have an Israeli one. He has a trench coat on if that helps you find him...:D

Here's a flag icon to start you off - Just right-click-copy-paste it into the unit you wish!

:)

Attachments

• IDF1.png
    IDF1.png
    344 bytes · Views: 613
Sweet. Thanks so much for the shield! I will use it. Although I do have paint, you guys have no idea how much I suck at drawing.....copy and paste.....I can do that all night. Let's roll. Time to make my Nazi smashing Israeli. He will be a badass.

Tanelorn has definitely made some great modern units, though the collection was focused on Afghanistan.

The major problem however is that size wise, they’re smaller compared to the average Fairline units (which have become, the unofficial standard for scenarios).

Perhaps we should adopt an unofficial standard for unit creation, so that we can simplify the process of searching for and requesting units.

I propose, that unofficially, we adopt the “Fairline Standard” as our guide for all land based units, with naval and aviation still being at the creator’s discretion.

The reason why I’m proposing this, is due to the fact that there seems to be some rather large gaps when it comes to modern units, and so as to establish some level of uniformity in unit creation, it would be much simpler if all concerned would simply adopted the “Fairline Style”.

Are there any objections to this very unofficial policy proposal?

Perhaps we should adopt an unofficial standard for unit creation, so that we can simplify the process of searching for and requesting units.

I propose, that unofficially, we adopt the “Fairline Standard” as our guide for all land based units, with naval and aviation still being at the creator’s discretion.

The reason why I’m proposing this, is due to the fact that there seems to be some rather large gaps when it comes to modern units, and so as to establish some level of uniformity in unit creation, it would be much simpler if all concerned would simply adopted the “Fairline Style”.

Are there any objections to this very unofficial policy proposal?

I think it's a good idea, and I think the first place to start may be making infantry units for each country of the world, or at least most of them. You could edit the WW2 stuff, making minor modifications, and most of the work would just be in the shields that identify the country of origin of each infantry.

Just in general one of the unexplored theatres in Civ 2 is the modern scenario. I don't there's anything out there that's really that good about a potential World War 3 between the US, Britain, Israel, and whatever coalition one could combine against them. This is why I wanted to explore some alternate ideas in my World War 2: Empire or Freedom scenario. A good, multiplayer oriented, global war scenario that's fresh - not just the same World War 2 stuff over and over again.

The possibilities are limitless if the great artists here roll out the units for such projects. I think if they enjoy making units, that would be a good venue in which they could be creative, new, and fresh.

Just my two cents though. I can't make units to save my life or my country.

My latest scenario project is set in modern times - 2039, to be exact.
I edited many of fairline's IDF and Arab units into a variety of US troops.

However...
Many modern armies require more details than just tweaking WW2 units.
A modern British soldier differs vastly in looks from a 1940s tommy. ;)

Here’s a novel idea....

Now would Fairline, or one of our very talented designers come up with blank template units(basically an action outline) and then it would allow for the creation of just about any kind of unit under the sun, or at the very least be a good starting point to help expand the modern units selection.

Top Bottom