Save games wont start

JediRanger

Chieftain
I have included a screen shot of what happens, but lately whenever i exit out of Civ5 and restart it, when i select a saved game (doesnt matter which save file it is), I will get a popup say runtime error and then the game crashes out.

However, if i start a new game, i can play that as much as i want (even did a 72 hour marathon session to play an entire game from start to finish to check), but when i save the game, and try to start it again at a later point, the problem surfaces again.

Yes, I use mods, and a lot of them. If nodded i can supply the mods that i use on every game play.

Completely lost as to why this is going on, I turn to you to ask one thing and one thing only:

HEEEELP!

Edit: Yes, i use the Steam Civ 5 with both G&Ks and BNW

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 90
Might be asking the obvious, but when you try to load a modded save file, are you entering through the Mods menu, loading your mods, and then proceeding forward (clicking Single Player) to load the modded save?

To verify your game cache:

Steam --> Library --> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache

If any files are downloaded ("reacquired") as a result, repeat until no files are downloaded.

Well, i tried that, ran through a game, and still nothing. I think i am going to go through my latest mod downloads and see if one of them is the problem. i will keep you all up to date.

The mods wouldn't fix the problem either. It will work till i get to a point in the game then when i try to load it after that point, i get the message. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Your problem can be caused by a corrupted save file in the Steam Cloud. See this thread for more information. If that's your problem, then the solution is to delete the cloud saves. It appears that doing so is not easy. The instructions in this link worked for some.

I will give that a try, but i am not sure that works because i think i only used the cloud once when i first started playing then switched to HD saving. Will let you all know how it works.

Top Bottom