Download link and version info

I think the returning to fist is because of setting the style to Button_HUDAdvisorVictory_Style, I'll mess around and see if I can get it to not do that.

Awesome button!

EDIT: So, using "Button_HUDEndTurn_Style" instead of the victory advisor style sorta worked ... it didn't replace the face, but the end turn button is bigger than the others. Looks like Dale and Grave have run in to this issue before. I wish there was a generic button style ... there must be, but it's trapped inside the EXE currently.

If you comment out the setStyle line or otherwise don't set the style for RevWatchButton1, it just draws the face with no background. Hide makes the whole button disappear, you'll notice the other advisor buttons have this too. I'm not entirely sure, but it may be necessary to restart civ to see the effects of changes ...

Version 1.5 has been posted! (Edit: Will not be save game compatible with prior versions!)

Biggest changes you'll see are the new Revolution sources of anger and happiness for cities, dynamic name changes for the human player now too. Quite a few AI tweaks have been made as well, the most visible being that rebels and motherlands should be each others worst enemies much more frequently (which will have great ripple effects). Oh, and mousing leader heads in diplomacy now tells you who that player is at war with, who has them as their worst enemy.

The annoying block on Unrestricted Leaders and been sidestepped, plus you can now run Start As Minors without running Revolution if you want. You also will get a free bonus Warrior at the beginning of a Start As Minors game so you won't get victimized in the first handful of turns.

Let me know what you think!

Full change list:
Spoiler :

Merged in Bhuric's 1.2 unofficial patch
Added StartAsMinors.py to handle the start as minors feature

SDK
- Added two new types of city anger, one for when RevIndex is high and/or worsening and temporary anger (like for whipping) for when you reject rebel requests
- Updated the mouseover scoreboard player attitude popup text showing who's at war with who
- Added mouseover scoreboard player attitude popup text showing who's whose worst enemy
- Added mouseover leader face attitude popup showing at war with/ who's worst enemy
- Moved game options for rev mod components down on list as work around for hardcoded expected position of Unrestricted Leader option in Custom Game screen (reported by StormLord-711-)
- Quieted civic adoption messages for minor civs
- Made several Revolution get functions const
- AI: motherlands now hate their rebels more strongly, will make rebels their worst enemy much more often
- AI: a high rev index now leads player to consider city threatened and increase defenses
- AI: players whose only war is against their rebel more likely to adopt Crush AI, should cause motherland to hunt down and destroy rebels quickly when they have the advantage and extra troops
- AI: rebels much more likely to adopt the Dagger AI strategy (real focus on city attack, military)
- AI: the AI now considers the Revolution Index effects of religious civics when deciding which civics to adopt (code by ocitalis)
- AI: AIs will build fewer transports when engaged in a land war or when their best transports cannot enter ocean terrain, should reduce largely useless galley spam
- AI: Decreased adoption of AI strategies GetBetterUnits and Peace for minor civs since they're always at war, should make them a bit more aggressive in the early game and when they don't have many resources
- Fixed bug in CvCityAI::AI_neededDefenders (see unofficial path thread for more info)
- Added some Revolution specific debug info when game is running in debug mode

Revolution
- Updated local rev index calculation such that new RevIndex induced unhappiness doesn't count strongly towards unhappiness induced increases in rev index, breaking a potentially vicous cycle
- LocalRevIndex updates (and therefore so does Improving/Worsening) when you open RevWatch so it will now respond to changes during your turn
- Added replay messages for when a violent revolt breaks out
- Fixed bug with a couple uses of old python-based LocalRevIndex
- Added rev index debug output to RevWatch when game is running in debug mode
- All revolt data now held in data structures stored in CyPlayer script data, revolts are now launched from this stored data and it will allow much better handling of subsequent revolts

BarbarianCiv
- Added replay messages both for creating minor civs and settling to full civ
- Fixed bug where barbcivs counted contact with dead players, caused improper settling when minor status was stripped from dead rebels
- Lowered population for early cities settling in new world under new world policies 1 and higher
- Decreased odds of barb city settling in new world scenario in early eras
- Last few barb cities in a large new world will now stay barb much longer

RevUtils
- Added function to standardize penalty for denying a peaceful rebel request

RevEvents
- Moved all city acquired handling here from Revolution
- Created two functions to handle the different aspects of city acquisition, one for bonuses for successful rebels and the other for propogating rev index effects
- Fixed bug with timing of recording current civics for human player, human player's name changes and other civics driven effects will now occur correctly
- Moved Start As Minors pieces to new file

DynamicCivNames
- Added handling to avoid redundancy in names like "Roman Empire of Rome" (reported by Arwon)
- Fixed bug in naming when civ's capital name has multiple words
- Added config option to leave a custom civ name for human player alone
- Updates to provide more interesting names in Ancient and Classical Eras: start as Tribe, more use of City State (suggested by johny)
- Added messages to alert you when your civ name changes

StartAsMinors
- Removed explicit references to tech Writing, minor status instead hinges on ability to sign Open Borders
- At the begining of a normal game, all players start with an extra warrior for defense

AIAutoPlay
- Merged in mrgenie's changes from WoC version

RevolutionInit
- Changes to support new StartAsMinors module

RevDefs
- Removed definitions of python data containers moved to SDK (like RevIndex)
- Removed Writing, no longer needed

CvMainInterface
- LocalRevIndex now updates if you make relevant changes in city screen, so improving/worsening bar and text now change during turn

RevolutionDLLText.xml
- Added TXT_KEY_REV_REQUEST_ANGER, TXT_KEY_REV_INDEX_ANGER, TXT_KEY_REV_SUCCESS_HAPPINESS

Thanks for 1.5. It looks great. I'm tired and eyes are poking out of head but I think not all Bhruic's 1.2 changes are in 1.5 for example:
CvGameTextMgr.cpp void CvGameTextMgr::setEspionageMissionHelp
CvGame.cpp void CvGame::normalizeAddRiver()
However it could simply be my imagination.
Cheers.

Thanks for 1.5. It looks great. I'm tired and eyes are poking out of head but I think not all Bhruic's 1.2 changes are in 1.5 for example:
CvGameTextMgr.cpp void CvGameTextMgr::setEspionageMissionHelp
CvGame.cpp void CvGame::normalizeAddRiver()
However it could simply be my imagination.
Cheers.
@jdog & Glider
I think Bhruic came out with a version 1.21 that included those changes a few days after version 1.2

And does this patch include Inquisition?

You can only find Revolution Inquisition merged with Revolution 1.42 at the Revolution Inquisition forum below or with RevolutionDCM 0.6. It's a cool idea but is only in it's infancy. I will permanently add it too RevolutionDCM once it can be turned on and off in an ini file or screen option.

As for the logic of it, already the code within it contains some very interesting possibilities for the future and even now it is stable ;) I'm starting to examine it more closely and thinking of ways to make it compliment Revolutions and to make the AI use it for it's betterment in a way that is consistent with real history.

If you want to discuss it, head out to the Inquisition forum: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=271507&page=2 which is currently only in it's infancy.

Ideas are good. The implementation is the hard bit.
Cheers.

Version 1.51 has been released!

Largely a bug fix release but there are a few AI improvements and other tweaks as well. The fix for the gold trade bug involved changing the order of game options, because of this 1.51 is not savegame compatible with 1.5. You will have to start a new game in 1.51.

In addition, you will probably want to pick Custom Game the first time at least because of the change in order of game options.

The full change list:

Version 1.51bts 06/01/08
Spoiler :

Game options no longer forced from XML, will now be remembered from game to game. The first time you start up with 1.51 things may be weird though, so choose a Custom Game to straighten out options.
Added Bhuric's 1.21 unofficial patch

SDK
- Removed repetitive war declarations by barbs on new players
- Changes to debug output of warplans
- AI: Updated civic religious rev index effect calculations (by ocitalis and jdog5000)
- AI: When Start As Minors is selected, AI will now weight open borders tech (Writing) increasingly high as it meets more full civs
- AI: Rebels remember and celebrate war success more, will make them more willing to continue the fight
- Fixed multiple issues with war plans for minor civs and barbs against other players
- A minor civ being spawned no longer cancels sneak attack plans for other players
- Split up some large blocks of Revolution code with comments so that changes to sections can be more easily dated
- Updated comments for CyUnit::setFortifyTurns, is not actually used by AIAutoPlay anymore
- Moved Revolution game options to end of list, fixes gold trade bug (reported by BobTheTerrible and others)
- Fixed bug where a BarbarianCiv would not settle into a full civ in reaction to losing its capital because capital was originally built by barbs, loss of capital in this circumstance now counts as a lost city
- Improved handling of break for war-weariness for rebels, now works as if they are never on truly foreign soil
- Added AIAutoPlay tweaks by mrgenie

Revolution
- Fixed rare bug with 1 tile island rebels when there are no actual rebels to spawn (reported by glider1)
- Rebels now use WARPLAN_TOTAL, now will not accept peace as readily
- Fixed bug in choosing revolt type when a holy city has been destroyed
- Added starving rev index increase for when drawing down granary stores, much smaller than the huge effect when pop shrinks
- Reduced colony effects for single city islands, especially when anywhere near capital
- Increased brightness of rev index strings, now more a bit easier to read

BarbarianCiv
- Fixed rare bug when cleaning up barb units near a newly formed minor civ (reported by glider1)
- Main BarbCiv attacks now use WARPLAN_TOTAL, now will not accept peace as readily
- Lowered bar for later era minor barb civs to settle based on population
- If city has culture, new minor civ gets some culture in city and plot
- Improved allocation of culture when barb city was originally built by someone else, captured by barbs

CvMainInterface
- In debug mode all minor civs show up in scoreboard now
- Reworked scoreboard display logic to support new config option for max lines to show in scoreboard loosely based on Zebra9's Top Scores mod comp
- Added new config option in Addon.ini to control how many lines to show in scoreboard, defaults to 20
- Fixed overflow of building list onto rev index bar in city screen
- Improved check for when to show Revolution add-ons

RevEvents
- Improved detection and removal of rebellions with no cause
- If a rebel has only spies remaining, there's now a 10% chance a spy will die every turn so they disappear a little faster

CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml
- Moved Revolution game options to end of list

No, not scenario compatible ... Revolution requires quite a few new variables saved with each city which is really what break scenario compatibility I think.

It must be theoretically possible to design a converter which would insert these variables into a save though. It would be awesome to have a version of some of your scenarios for this mod ...

Top Bottom