Civilization V: Gold Edition coming soon

Seems the offer isn't available anymore.... includes Civilization V Gold Edition.

Can't be found anymore

If it follows the usual pattern, Europeans don't get it till a few days later, and this was an oopsy.

Would be great if they put the Korea + Wonders of Ancient World DLC on offer for those of us with Civ 5 GOTY + G&K too. :)

$3.75 @ GamersGate.com for "Civilization Week"

Good deals on all Civ games/exps/dlc too, incl. Civ III & Civ IV.

Long time no see.

I am a bit confused regarding steam and the gold edition. Should I buy the vanilla and wait (hope?) for the upgrade? From Norway the options are more limited than one would think, as many of the sites selling digital downloads are restricted to regions. I have no versions of the Civ V right now and am trying to find a convenient and fair price for it all.

Here's the availability situation here in Mexico:

Last week the full $49.99 version of Civ V Gold was available though Steam, then it disappeared. After a day or two it showed up again along with a $19.99 upgrade version.
But, then when I tried to purchase the upgrade version it wouldn't take me to a pay/check out page and then both versions disappeared from the site again shortly thereafter.

No huge deal, but it's a bit annoying to be ready and willing to purchase something and then have it disappear without explanation. I wish Steam/Fireaxis/2KGames would do their customers the kindness of letting us know when/where the Gold version will be available.

I'd be much obliged if anyone out there did have this info. Thanks!

I would suggest that they have done the "Gold Edition" to get everybody up to a base level ready for the "One World" Expansion.

I have no actual knowledge of this, but it seems to be a good idea to rationalise all the existing editions into one, then apply the expansion. (maybe the expansion will need you to have all the DLC ?)

I would suggest that they are doing this to push sales of an expansion that is going to be rendered obsolete by the upcoming expansion. Remember Warlords?

Gold ed and Gold ed upgrade is back in Norway (Europe in general?)

The Civ V Gold Ed is now just €9.99 at Steam, and pretty much everything Civ V related is reduced 75%. Finally got my hands on the Korea + Ancient Wonders DLC :)

Seems like the Civilization series is on sale right on Steam for 75% off. Includes the Civ5 Gold ($12.49) and Gold Upgrade ($5.00) though only for another 19.5 hours.

Seems like the Civilization series is on sale right on Steam for 75% off. Includes the Civ5 Gold ($12.49) and Gold Upgrade ($5.00) though only for another 19.5 hours.

Yes I just found out about this and I bought it! Now I finally have all the DLCs :lol:

I was about to share it here then I realized you beat me to it :p

I have CiV G&K and I just wanted to know if I should get the complete Gold Edition or just the upgrade. Will the upgrade just add all the DLCs that I'm missing to complete the game?
Thanks!

On steam I only see the complete gold edition. Shouldnt I be able to find a cheaper upgrade version somewhere?

edit: I found a packaged titled simply "Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition Upgrade" for 2.50 Euros on steam. It doesn't have ANY information listed with it besides the title.... am I correct to assume this is the upgrade version for those of us who already have G&K or will this not work if I buy it?

Also, perhaps more importantly, would it be a problem that I'm buying & downloading the upgrade in Europe, but my original copies of vanilla and G&K were bought & installed in the USA? I wouldn't think so seeing as how it is a digital download...but you never know the ways companies like to screw you with region locking and other stuff nowadays :mad:

@Ozy
I have CiV G&K and I just wanted to know if I should get the complete Gold Edition or just the upgrade. Will the upgrade just add all the DLCs that I'm missing to complete the game?
Thanks!

That's basically what I am trying to figure out too, because the "upgrade versio" gives no details whatsoever about what it contains.... Is this the same thing you are looking at?: http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

Edit 2: Another question, since this upgrade bundle is delightfully vague about what it contains. Does the upgrade bundle include G&Ks? Because for one, that seems simply odd because of how cheap it is, but two: If possible I'd like to not have to download G&Ks again, just the DLC civs and scenarios. So what does this upgrade bundle upgrade FROM? Vanilla Civ or G&K?

Top Bottom