New team colours!

nice work rhye, I'm definately intrigued. I didn't even know this was possible. :)
I've just had a quick look at the standard pallettes folder, I can understand the ntp00(etc..) files, but any idea what the otp00 files do?

I'll probably do some editing of my own but Here are some ideas;
a light blue and light green, somewhat between the three shades of those colours available (civ colours 4,10 & 29 for green and 6,13 & 20 for blue).
A flesh pink, a red/brown and a grey/bue or grey/green.

Actualy the civ III colours have a fairly good spread apart from the smaller gaps in the green and blue spectrum and the lack of greyish colours. The other ideas such as two tone or magic colours seem a bit impractical but the transparent colours could be usefull for special scenarios, though you would have to put a lot of work in to it. How about a scenario with native cultures with transparent borders, all with the same (barbarian) civ colour? It would be like a barbarian civ with barbarian cities.

Attachments

• civcolours.gif
    civcolours.gif
    892 bytes · Views: 1,501
Rhye, have you considered making a color file that corresponds to the 31 civs? For example, you make the Romans red and gold, the Arabs Green and white, the British Red and White, the Americans Navy Blue and red, etc. etc. Unless it's somehow unpractical, that would be awesome.

aaminion00 said:
Rhye, have you considered making a color file that corresponds to the 31 civs? For example, you make the Romans red and gold, the Arabs Green and white, the British Red and White, the Americans Navy Blue and red, etc. etc. Unless it's somehow unpractical, that would be awesome.

I second that - a colour mod'd be great stuff- and would give people a better idea of how to implement this tweak best!

ps. Americans "Americans Navy Blue and red" ? :confused: that would make funny looking US cavalry :lol:

Great job!! Quite the investigative work. And the dual color possibilities are amazing.
Any chance you can post the 1.15b biq again though? A lot of us are still using this biq for our succession games. I love the orange and blue.

Downloaded it, tried it, liked it, but noticed in the setup screen: "base rules modified" which was strange, since you said you hadnt edited the rules...

wow cool look at those pretty colors. It looks nice :thumbsup:

-lenny

The only changes to the rules are that colours have been reassigned.

The 2-colour mod can't be completed, as results were less good than expected. If someody wants to try...read the tutorial attached in the bottom of page 1.

Rhye said:
I've posted a biq in case you don't want to overwrite files in art\units\palettes.

So if I dl the .biq, backup the original .biq, rename the rhyes colors one, I'll be able to play with these colors you posted without doing anything else? :cool:

Top Bottom