Does the achievement We Are Family work?

When you put them into the autosave folder, you must check the "autosaves field" in the upper right corner of the loading game window. Don't forget to uncheck it again, otherwise you won't find your normal saves next time :p

Thank you so much for your help! I finally got the We are family achievement! Without your help, I really do not know how to figure out in playing that save game!

Thanks once again!

:D

Just finished a game where I had both all the old capitals under my religion AND the current ones. Still no achievement, so it's not fixed yet.

Has there been any update to fix this achievement? I played a game on standard size and standard speed converting every city (including AI and CS) on the map to my religion and the achievement never popped. Are there other criteria (perhaps difficulty level) which are a factor in this? Or is it just bugged?

Has there been any update to fix this achievement? I played a game on standard size and standard speed converting every city (including AI and CS) on the map to my religion and the achievement never popped. Are there other criteria (perhaps difficulty level) which are a factor in this? Or is it just bugged?

This is a complete guess, but perhaps you also have to be exerting the most religious pressure on the city as well to be truly considered the "dominant" religion in the city?

I am almost at the point of giving up on wasting time going for this one. Having GPrs hanging off the coast waiting for everything to line up.
John

There was only 1 other religion founded during the game, and it was stamped out by one of my GP immediately. Truth be told, the only reason that one religion was founded was because I let a GP get too close to enemy troops when spreading to CS. Atilla captured the GP and then founded a religion in one of his captured CS (since I had already taken his capital city). I had another GP there within 10 turns of founding. By the time he arrived, I had liberated the CS which was down to a population of 1 and then spread my religion to the 1 population in the city. As the CS grew for the remainder of the game, it was entirely my religion with +50 religious pressure IIRC.

There was no religious pressure of any religion other than mine on the entire map. No achievement though :(. I really do not have the desire to try for this achievement again unless I can understand what the actual criteria are to accomplish it.

I've attached my savegames: rd 91, the rd before I get the achievement ans rd 92, the magic round for "we are family" :)
Maybe someone wants to look at my game and can explain WHY I get in in that special round. (path for the savegames is ...\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\hotseat\auto\)
:crazyeye:

thanks MrOz80, I used your 91 turns save and get the achievement at turn 95: after the Great Mosque was finished and a great prophet born / new religion founded.

This save still works on current patch (13/03/2013). What's interesting prophet spawn near 97 turn. After founding religion you still get achievement though.

EDIT: save link here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11638630&postcount=19

I am surely tempted to break my personal rule of using someone elses save to get an achievement.
We are Family is very frustrating I play large & huge maps 9 civs, and spend quite a bit of effort to get this and dispite meeting conditions .......zip.

I vow to give up trying but then get tempted mid game...
JD

The reverse happened to me... I noticed I'd earned the achievement, but it was after a game where I know for a fact there was at least one other powerful religion, and I never converted their capital. :crazyeye:

I am surely tempted to break my personal rule of using someone elses save to get an achievement.
I don't feel bad about doing it and I've got same rule. I've already done what was said in achievement description in both: Hot seat game and single player game vs 8 or more computer opponents.

The funny thing is both of the capitals were of different religions, but of the other religion.

I too finally got the achievement in the same was as Halcyan2. I set up a standard pangaea hot seat Ethiopia (player 1) and Maya (player 2) with no other AI civs or CSs on quick. I spread Ethiopia religion to Maya, no achievement. I waited for next great prophet, no achievement. Then spread Maya religion to Ethiopia and got achievement. Each civ only built the capitol so no other cities to contend with. Again opposite religion in each capitol.

I have two other thoughts for people to consider. I had previously attempted this with the same setup using England and Russia. Did the exact same thing (swapping religions in the capitols) but each civ had multiple cities and I only converted the capitols so that may have been the problem. A second thought is that in the England v Russia game, I enhanced both religions whereas in the Maya v Ethiopia game, the religions were not enhanced. Perhaps enhancing religions breaks the achievement. (I obviously can't check in single player since I did clear the achievement but would be curious to see if someone wants to try.)

In any case, glad I finally got it and thanks to everyone for the tips and walkthroughs. Just wanted to share my theories about multiple city civs and enhanced religions maybe breaking the achievement.

I also went the route of a hotseat MPG. I played prince (autoset) 2 civs (Celts, Byzantines) and 4 City states on a standard sized pangaea. The two civs never even saw each other. I got the achievement immediately after founding a religion in the second city. To my knowledge, the religions didn't even have time to spread to the other cities in the respective civs. Sorry no save, as I just blew through to get the achievement and didn't save at all.

I've tried going the regular single player route a dozen times. Never works, even if you "spread" the religion to your own capital. Have never tried it after someone converts my capital, but I doubt you have to allow that just to get the achievement. The only response from Steam so far was to look at this forum. Great service, right?

Thanks go out to FeiLing for posting the save. Glad I didn't have to use it, but that's real sportsmanlike of you. I like the related post as well.:)

Might be a weird way to do it, but this achivement is really easy to do in a hotseat game.

Just create a hotseat game and make sure that every player have a religion(it does not have to be the same, as long as EVERY capital has a religion) and you should get the achivement.

I got this achivement while playing with a few buddies, did not know we could even get achi in multiplayer!

Wait so you got this achievement while playing multiplayer?

Can you give us more details on the game you were playing? Maybe there is something everyone else was missing or maybe its actually a multiplayer achievement?

The game doesn't count hotseat the same way as multiplayer. Achievements will unlock, at least for player 1. Although the last major patch did allow achievements in multiplayer.

This achievement has been known to unlock under strange circumstances in hot seat.

We are Family is very frustrating I play large & huge maps 9 civs, and spend quite a bit of effort to get this and dispite meeting conditions .......zip.

I vow to give up trying but then get tempted mid game...
JD

Don't feel too bad, I'm tempted to do the same thing...

Edit: Okay, I did it...that's truly a bugged achievement. It's unlocking when one civ founds a religion with only two civilizations now?

Hi, I also had problems with this achievement and I've tried three different ways:

1) normal game, standard size map, prince difficulty - all capitals have the same religion, including the city states.
No achievement, but I captured 2 capitals before they assume my religion.

2) Hot seat game, standard size map, settler difficulty, all 8 players controlled by me.
5 different religions (I think thats the max number with this settings).
Also no achievement, after all capitals assume the same religion...

3) Same settings as suggest by Haphaz (except the map type):
Hotseat, Prince, 2 player (both me!), random civs, Standard map, CONTINENTS, NO CITY STATES.
Player 1 (Arabia) explored a religion (Buddhism, establish in rd 84)
Player 2 (Persia) has only a pantheon
After round 91, the achievement popped for no seeming reason... No idea why... :):D

I've attached my savegames: rd 91, the rd before I get the achievement ans rd 92, the magic round for "we are family" :)
Maybe someone wants to look at my game and can explain WHY I get in in that special round. (path for the savegames is ...\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\hotseat\auto\)

so long, MrOz80

Sorry for spelling mistakes or wrong "Civilization terms", english is not my native language :crazyeye:

Welp. I'd been trying to get this achievement for a while. It is still BUGGED.

Thanks to MrOz80 for lending me this save file. I got the achievement with the current Civ 5 Complete 2014 07 12

This is definitely still bugged.
I've had several games on bigger maps where I fulfilled the criteria, but didn't get the achievement.

Then, following this thread, I've played several hotseat games again fulfilling the criteria without success. In my latest game, which I just finished this morning, I repeatedly converted player 1 and 2's capitals with each others religion. No achievement.

Then - disillusioned - I decided to go for MrOz80's savegame. But I couldn't load it because I hadn't installed several DLCs!

• Civ V Korea/Wonders DLC Combo
  • Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack

To identify which one worked I should have played another game, but I was really sick of playing hotseat games against myself.

Bottom line: Maybe it's one of the settings/wonders coming with these DLCs which influence unlocking this achievement.

This is definitely still bugged.
I've had several games on bigger maps where I fulfilled the criteria, but didn't get the achievement.

Then, following this thread, I've played several hotseat games again fulfilling the criteria without success. In my latest game, which I just finished this morning, I repeatedly converted player 1 and 2's capitals with each others religion. No achievement.

Then - disillusioned - I decided to go for MrOz80's savegame. But I couldn't load it because I hadn't installed several DLCs!

• Civ V Korea/Wonders DLC Combo
  • Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack

To identify which one worked I should have played another game, but I was really sick of playing hotseat games against myself.

Bottom line: Maybe it's one of the settings/wonders coming with these DLCs which influence unlocking this achievement.

You're better off downloading a save where you'll get the achievement. There should be a topic about that.

The We are Family has never worked in Single Player mode. For this one to work, you have to be in multiplayer. (A hotseat game where you are actually playing both should.)

I am doing a hotseat game now, Celts and Byzantium, standard size, Prince difficulty, Pangaea. Both civs have religions and it's already past turn 100 and the achievement has not yet popped. I'm starting to get worried if it ever will. The speed is on quick and not standard, that might be a factor. I should have disabled barbs, they're a pain in the ass on a standard-size map with only two civs.

Tried MrOZ80's save game for Hotseat/multi-player type, and was successful. Waited 4-5 extra turns to turn 101, then founded a religion, and automatically popped the achievement. Would not appear until I founded the religion in Persia, even after turn 95 completed Mosque of D'.
This achievement is really bugged, and here's what I tried after a month to get it unsuccessfully.

All map types: Standard (obviously)
Single & Multiplayer (both AI's as me under Multi.)(Hotseat type)
no mods enabled
Tried settler, warlord as well as prince difficulties.
with either BNW or G&K disabled with no luck, then even unsuccessfully attempted with both Gods&Kings and Brave New World disabled (didn't do it).
I even setup a single player game and used the same two civs under the near same circumstances, and nothing.
-This achievement is definitely bugged/broken.
From my chat briefly with 2k support, they haven't found it either. They did state that it's only multi-player that it can be unlocked under. If it were not for it being buggy.
I wonder if it's down to a "Pantheon belief", amount of faith each civ produces per turn, and perfect timing for founding a religion. I'll try it again under another computer and a secondary steam account and try your save game again, this time I'll cancel the Great Mosque of D'., and get building Hanging Gardens to test it. My secondary account doesn't have the achievement completed yet.

Top Bottom