Final Fixes Reborn

The "Download Now" option works just fine for me... No idea what's going wrong on your end, seems odd.
Maybe it depends on which country you're downloading to?
That, or perhaps registered users have access to more mirrors than guests.
(France isn't listed on the list of authorized countries for gamefront. Yet, I can download files from them)

for some reason the moddb downloads aren't working in some countries, which can be bypassed by adding "/all" after the URL

just fyi, from time to time snarko updates the dll in public SVN, so you might find some dll optimizations in there: http://sourceforge.net/p/rife/code/HEAD/tree/Public/ ... though, the results might be uncertain as this version isn't compatible with final fixes

Thanks.
I already downloaded the source code of the dll last friday, but didn't study it yet. (my C++ level is reaaaally low.)
In fact, I DLed two versions: the dev version (.tar.gz is 11.6MB) and the public version (.tar.gz is 22.1MB)
Hopefully, the changelogs and files comparisons on sourceforge will help me understand a few things, and merge all updates and bugfixes.

for some reason the moddb downloads aren't working in some countries, which can be bypassed by adding "/all" after the URL
OK. I'll add links ending with that string to my first post, in case it helps some people.

The only use for the development source at this point is finding features that were never merged into the public branch and add them. The development DLL shouldn't work with RifE 1.4 and that's a good thing as it's outdated anyway.

The only use for the development source at this point is finding features that were never merged into the public branch and add them. The development DLL shouldn't work with RifE 1.4 and that's a good thing as it's outdated anyway.

Wow, thanks for the quick answer. :goodjob:
I take advantage of your presence for another small question:
Can you confirm that the whole code doing terraforming is included in the dll?

We have currently Bug#26: "When playing with Illians (leader Auric, White Hand founded, terrain going slowly to glacial), if you create frost terrain with a Mulyalfar Priestess, sometimes, it reverts back to normal terrain before going to glacial."

A few tests showed me that the bug appears too when priests of winter fight (temporary climate change messes with initial glaciation countdowns on Illian territory)

I searched a bit in python code, without success, thus leading me to think the dll contains it.

Thanks in advance
Ronkhar

The relevant file is CvPlot.cpp
Start at the functions CvPlot::setTempTerrainType and CvPlot::setTerrainType

from the SVN it looks like the sources for the newly updated DLL haven't been uploaded yet?

does this dll include the rather large speed fixes that you managed to get before, snarko?

also, when playing the Elohim, the getting extra traits from UFs gets overpowered very quickly, could this be removed or changed? I've always been a fan of the Elohim mechanic used here (not the monks really, just the unique way of getting settlers!)

If you need any help, I'm okay at python coding :)

EDIT: also, an old bug, when you get the volcano event, you don't get access to obsidian because volcanos are impassable

... and what is YOUR excuse for not being on #erebus ? Is it because we are not good enough for you anymore ? Or because you are ashamed of us ? We trusted you and this is how you repay us ?
I'm disappointed, jemon. Very. Disappointed.

edit: at 17:21:09 <Jheral> ...well, that was in no way a hostile response, anw

okay, i'll rephrase it

Hi, jemon, long time no see ! How've you been ? Would you mind joining us on #erebus, just like the old times ?

that made me want to connect to #erebus... I'll have to find how to do it from this PC..

Im chasing bugs now in Scions civilization. Found some. Ill post roster latter.

On embers clan: world spells brings more unit to your control than whats supposed to do. Sometimes it brings a few elemental kinds, mana guardians or inapropiate units. It doesnt happens always, but happens. Happened to me twice.

About the current number 57 bug of spreadsheet, where healers names are missing, im working on it, its quite easy, and its more related to missing texts than code errors on libraries, so i can provide a fix for it, because on our spanish traslation we are filling quotes and names for great healers. Problem with this is we arent filling in other langs, only spanish, so if somebody want to collaborate with us for having this fixed on his own lang, please send me PM. Both quotes and names are missing, names can work in all langs, but quotes dont. Provide me texts and ill add to my fix and post here later.

I'm having an odd multiplayer-related issue. My game loads fine in single-player, but when I load in multiplayer, I get XML errors (image attached) while the map is loading. Though the error relates to the Dural, disabling the Dural only led to another XML error (which I didn't get a screenshot of, because it crashes to desktop too quickly after getting the error). I just remember it said something about -1 index.

My brother loads into the game just fine, but I don't even make it to "Initializing game". We ensured that we have the exact same files.

I am able to play other mods fine online, so I doubt that there is any issue with my core game files.

:Edit: As an unrelated note, I noticed that if I do the PediaReader.exe, it errors in the Dural_Civ4GameText_Dural.xml file. That's because near the bottom, where it says &#8216;gathering glory', the first ' is curved, whereas it needs to be turned into a normal '. The PediaReader apparently doesn't like the curved version of the '.

Another Pedia link issue:

Clicking on the Raider promotion for the Raider trait leads to the Raider unit - not the promotion.

:Edit: Another one:

Clicking on the Lizardman racial for the Cualli/Muatzl will lead to the Lizardman unit - not the promotion.

Its better disabling troubling civs in game options before starting a game instead disabling modules with launcher. Try it. I always block Scions for IA, embers for all, and depending on my day, a few more.

Is there a other mirror then google? Https downloads sadly dont work for me and google refuse the change to http.

A friend and I play this online and have for several years, still relatively regularly. Finally prompted me to register for the forum.

First, I'm really happy that there's still some work on this going on - the initial improvements to the AI were huge. We'd been playing with the AI on teams of 2 to try to make it a bit more challenging and since the updates, we've put them back on their own. I was worried that it would go back to being OOS hell like the early rife builds but it's still pretty consistent.

I'll post bugs when I think of them - there are several. The only one I can think of currently that's a large one is that Mecurians are somewhat broken. When you finish the wonder and bring them into the world, they will often immediately die before appearing, then the city will remain in your control and have the mecurian gates in it. I wasn't able to figure out what causes it. In reloading the same game several times, it happens sometimes and not others. Regardless it's happened in 3 or 4 games.

As for a really minor bug, the Cualli hero has vanilla civ spy features enabled that he shouldn't have.

I've played the current build on three computers multiplayer without issue - on windows 8 computers, it crashes occasionally but it's unrelated to multiplayer. There's also a consistent OOS problem that only happens in games with the Sidar, every second turn, mid-game (might be caused by the separate soul thing).

from the SVN it looks like the sources for the newly updated DLL haven't been uploaded yet?

does this dll include the rather large speed fixes that you managed to get before, snarko?

also, when playing the Elohim, the getting extra traits from UFs gets overpowered very quickly, could this be removed or changed? I've always been a fan of the Elohim mechanic used here (not the monks really, just the unique way of getting settlers!)

If you need any help, I'm okay at python coding :)

EDIT: also, an old bug, when you get the volcano event, you don't get access to obsidian because volcanos are impassable

Uploaded the DLL source. The rather large speed fixes were in the last DLL already, rev 310/311 just contain very minor improvements.

i thing there is a problem with the letum frigos improvemnt(its an improvment that give mana.
it says there is a 2100101 chance to spawn wilf men

Thanks. Will check that tomorrow (half past midnight here :sleep:)

@everyone : Next mod version before the weekend :)

Does the Complete Installation include the soundtracks, or will I still have to download them separately?

Hi,
It's included. I'll add the information to 1st post.

If you want to download the mod, I suggest you wait a little. The next version has several improvements, notably a better dll by snarko (quicker turns, and other improvements), all art compressed in the fpk file (quicker game launching) and a few solved bugs (you can skim through first tab of https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkWomYiBrJSQdFAzU1N4NzNucWJKQmdaZWhZV25wS3c#gid=0 Status is column G)

Right now, I'm checking the last 4 bugs I solved to confirm I didn't break everything. If it's ok, the next step is compression and upload to google servers this afternoon.

Now uploading :sleep:

Top Bottom