Ffh2: Need help mod loads wrong

Asthix

Prognosticator
The latest version (0.34) seemingly installs correctly. The Ffh II mod loads but it takes me back to the bts game, NOT the Ffh II game. The only difference is the text "Fall from Heaven II v.0.34" in the top right corner of the title screen. Does this mean the mod has the wrong folder name in my mods folder? I know that there's a simple fix to this but since the install program basically does all the work I can't see it. :confused:
Patched to v.3.17
No Vista

I uninstalled, re-downloaded the mod (v. 0.34 not the patch) and installed. It shows up on the load a mod screen but when I load it, it reloads back to the regular bts title screen with the exact line "Fall from Heaven 2 034" in the top right corner. Not a bit of FfH II have I actually seen.

Yeah, its all there but you see I get reloaded back to regular bts. yes I've started a game and its regular bts, every time.:(:confused::(:confused::yuck::yuck:

:hmm:
since it does give you the mod name in the corner it should have loaded the mod...
do other mods load?
open your civilizationIV.ini and set all items with log in their name from 0 to 1 and then start the game, load ffh2, close the game and post all items in my games\beyond the sword\logs as a zip file attachment here :)

Does that include this one?
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 0
I enabled that & all other logs
Hope this helps

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    8.1 KB · Views: 55
open the screen you want to show (e.g. open the ffh2 folder) then hit the print or prnt key on your keyboard. Then open any image program, e.g. paint (that is one of the accessories that install with windows - but any program will do) and click on paste or use ctrl-v to paste the image. Then save and come back here and attach the image to your next post :)

Screenshot showing contents of FfH II folder. You can see the shortcut the mod made when I installed it.

Sorry I had to zip it to get it to manageable file size

Attachments

• screenshot 1.7z
    172.1 KB · Views: 42
BMP files are bloated. Use png instead. (most programs, including paint, will allow you to save as png.)

It doesn't look like the mod has been properly installed. You should have several files and directories in there.

yes - this looks like a partial install - from what you describe the assets folder is likely empty.
do you use an administrator account?
is the civilization or the mods folder write protected in any way?
try reinstalling the mod then go into the windows event manager and look for any error messages there.

Oh Boy.
No wonder Kael didn't help.
I somehow downloaded the media pack. Twice.
Thanks for your help guys. This mod rules!

Top Bottom