How to start scenarios?

FernerScholar

Chieftain
Hi there!
First of all thanks for robbing my life to all those contributing to FFH2! I just love this mod. Then that's also why I registered... I just downloaded Version 0.4, but just seem to be unable to play the scenarios... help would be very much appreciated!!! How do I start? I allready tried out the play scenario option, but it didn't work... help me please!!!!
FernerScholar

Start a game then open the scenario screen (top right corner). After that click the flag of any scenario.

Not working for me however, I get a CtD before it's finished loading the scenario.

I managed to start the Gift of ... scenario by start the game by running the scenario file directly (located in a directory kalled scenarios under the XML directory) but this is hardly the way it should be and I haven't played much yet, so perhaps will still do some ctds.

It works! The thing with the xml I mean, I get crashed if I try to start it the way snarko said, too. Thanks to both of you, now I can start playing even before it is fixed!!! ;)

ctd here as well. thanks for this fix! for anyone who's interested the folder is-

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios

Will loading that way correctly add trophies, and will events affect the other scenarios like the werewolves example?

I completed the Gift ... scenario (by starting it from the folder) and I got the Trophy for it. So lets hope that if the game adds the trophy for winning it, it also knows how to fix events that are suppose to affect other scenarios.

Edit: But be warned because you can start a scenario that isn't locked up yet. I for a test started (from the folder) the Blood of Angels scenario and it started, but when I (from within the Blood ... scenario) checked the scenario buttom, the Blood ... scenario was unlocked.

Will loading that way correctly add trophies, and will events affect the other scenarios like the werewolves example?

This is the key question!

Second key question... when Kael releases a hotfix for these bugs, will it break existing scenario progress? (i.e. should we hold off on scenarios until it is fixed?)

Loading the scenarios directly from the files is completely valid, trophies will be won, options saved, etc. There is no problem with that method.

Im trying to fix the real way and as of this moment it looks like playing 1 turn before you load the scenario seems to work. Im confused as to why that works, but it seems to be testing out.

You can copy all of the scenarios from Assets/XML/Scenarios to Assets/Public Maps. Then you are able to launch them from SINGLE PLAYER -> SCENARIO menu. Can do them out of order easily that way, but it is a no-hassle method of loading them.

EDIT: Tried ending turn and loading, also didn't work. Unless I had a city settled as well. But trying to load on turn 0 after founding a city still CtDs as well.

Loading the scenarios directly from the files is completely valid, trophies will be won, options saved, etc. There is no problem with that method.

Im trying to fix the real way and as of this moment it looks like playing 1 turn before you load the scenario seems to work. Im confused as to why that works, but it seems to be testing out.

Can only stress that this has nothing to do with it, at least not for me. The only time I can start a scenario is Kael's way (and appearantly strictly that) and from the files itself.

Top Bottom