Change Goody Hut Art

TofuSojo

Chieftain
Anyone know how to just change the goody huts' art? All I want to do is make them look like City Ruins for a mod. I have the following code in an xml file whose VFS is set to true and with Reload Landmark System checked off:

Code:
<Improvements>
	<Update>
		<Where Type="IMPROVEMENT_GOODY_HUT"/>
		<Set ArtDefineTag="ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_CITY_RUINS"/>
	</Update>
</Improvements>

In game, they are invisible. I have changed improvement art before but something here eludes me.

I used my SQLite Browser to look in the Improvements.fpk file, ArtDefine_Landmarks section, for the names of the model files the improvement uses so I can see how they are set up, and the barb camp is in there, but no goody hut. Goody hut is however in the in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes section, so you would think it would have a corresponding entry in the former one...

Anyone know of a mod that does this so I could look at it or has any suggestion for how to do it?

Thanks much

I am 90% sure what you are asking is not achievable. I myself have tried "changing" the ruins graphics in the past with no success. Unfortunatly the Dev's that made this game have seen fit to 'hide' or deny access certain dds/lua/xml and any other files associated with some of the graphics to the game(City Ruins, Tress, Farms, Terrains that I know of to date). This is probably due to the fact we do not have access to the graphic.dll just the core.dll.

Thanks for answering. Yeah, from my tests that is what I've come to conclude. I eventually got the goody huts to use part of the city ruins model but it was just one burnt out building, 10 times too big (in all three dimentions, it was enormous covering 9 hexes) and when shrunk to normal size it got duplicated 8 times covering 2 hexes...I'll settle for just renaming them and moving on, lol.

Top Bottom