Modding a game for no human player or to change civs?

magritte

Warlord
First question: Would it be possible to mod Civ 5 (or Civ 4 or 3 for that matter) to remove the human player and let the A.I. play by itself? They have a cheat for this in the recent Paradox titles (Europa Universalis 4 and Crusader Kings 2). I think it would be useful as for play balance testing for modders but I just find it interesting to see what the A.I. does on its own. To make it useful for civ, you'd have to have a way to pause or slow down the game though, since it would just be a blur otherwise.

Second question: Would it be possible to enable a command that would allow the player to relinquish control of his current civ to the A.I. and take control of a different civ? I'm guessing this must be possible since the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization mod does it.

Both things can be done using Firaxis Live Tuner (aka FireTuner), which is a part of the Civ5 SDK.

On the Game tab, there are buttons that allow autoplay for various numbers of turns (1-300), and you can select which leader you will be playing as (if any) when the autoplay ends.

Top Bottom