Faerun

Hello, my name is OpenWorldAddict, and I am a Let's Player on Youtube.

I just want to say, that I love your mod. I featured it in a livestream 10 months ago, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAy7JAnPYmk (the vanilla version)), and then in September I did 1 hour video where I just recorded the first 75 minutes of a campaign (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyRtx5K-984 (BNW version). The question I have is that it looks like this mod has gone through a huge update since I uploaded that video. Is that correct? If so I may have to replace that video with a updated one.

This is such a great mod, and I will continue to track the progress of this mod. One of my goals as a video content creator who enjoys playing with lots of mods is to make sure that mods that I love get proper coverage on YouTube. This means not only covering mods that have received no coverage, but also covering mods that haven't been covered on YouTube for a very long time (like this one.)

I finally want to say thank you for staying active on updating this mod.

Sincerely,

OpenWorldAddict

The top say -1; but when I fight, it is -3/-10 , and I have rebellion. If I see before -5 or -8 , I build something funny for my people, or I organize starvation or raze one city.
This mod has a much lower threshold for unhappiness rebellions. On the discrepancy between top panel and combat happiness, it may have to do with heroes. Had you a Ranger hero who died?

I played as Neverember and some time when I capture a babarrian camp with the mage BlackStaff I get a 2nd hero mage as if if died capturing the camp!
Odd... I'll check on that.

...The question I have is that it looks like this mod has gone through a huge update since I uploaded that video. Is that correct? If so I may have to replace that video with a updated one.
Glad you enjoyed the mod. I wouldn't characterize v.9 as a "huge" change from previous versions. There are a few unique heroes, a new unit upgrade system and a simple spell casting system. I think the mod still plays as it always has: a kind of reskin of Civ 5.

I suppose if you enjoy making videos, then by all means make more! That said, I think it might be of even more interest to your viewers if you spotlighted a better mod... maybe Ea or epicc's Heroes mods?

best, FA

You really shouldn't be so hard on yourself. The scope of your mod is greater than the Heroes mods. Ea, while impressive, remains largely unfinished and even if it was, it doesn't diminish your work. What you have so far is great. Keep it up!

Hello, FramedArchitect.
I'm enjoying your great MOD, "Faerun for BNW".
But, I found some differences between texts and effects.
Althoug I have no idea which is wrong, I report some examples.

< Building >
Barrack: +15 XP or +10 XP?
Temple of Helm: +15 XP or +10 XP?
Seaport: +15 XP or +10 XP? AND No "Supply" Promotion for Naval Units?
Temple of Helm: does not reffer to "Helm's Blessing" promotion?
Gnomish Inventor: No XP bonus?
Workshop: No XP bonus?
Forge: No XP bonus?
Bowyer: Production +10% or +15%?
Temple of Cyric: Weave on resource +2 or +1? (Temple of Mask, Shar etc. have the same problem.)
Temple of Lliira: Divine Favor on resource +2 or +1?

< Resource >
Bows +1: Manufactured at the "Forge". --> "Archery Range" ?
Bows +2: Manufactured at the "Armory". --> "Bowyer" ?
Bows +2: does increases their range by one?
Muskets: allows "Dwarven Musketmen". --> "Gnomish Arquebus" ?
Muskets: Produced at the "Alchmemist's Lab". --> "Gnomish Inventor" ?

< Technology >
Righteousness: "+1 Vote in the Council of Sages for each foreign Diplomat." is older version?

< Alignment Beliefs >
Protector of Forests: Bludgeoning Units cannot receive the "Protector of the Forest" Promotion?
Fanaticism: I got an unexpected Great Priest.
Bellicosity: No production bonus for Military Units?

< Others >
"Melee Units" include Bludgeoning Units?
Bludgeoning Units receive "the Purple Dragon" or "Flaming Fist Mercenaries" promotion as Melee Units.
But, in some cases, Bludgeoning Units dont receive Melee Units' bonus. (Temple of Silvanus, Temple of Helm etc.)

So far, the 2 best fantasy overhaul mods that I have encountered have been your Fearun mod and the Lord of the Rings circa 2950 and circa 1650 mod. Of the two I actually enjoy this mod better.

Amn has been my favorite faction to play as. They start with 2 cities, are near the coast, surrounded by neighbors to the north and south, but have ample room to found 2 more cities to the east, and if you make a push to getting those required charter's you'll be able to settle those more quickly than everyone else. Also you are relatively close to a number of city states which gives you have many choices as which religion you are going to chose.

I think the charter system cleaned up the biggest problem with the vanilla version of the mod, which is even though you could only build settlers once you city was at a population of 6, everybody was still in a rush to expand. Competition for expansion space was very tense and you could find yourself angering your neighbors and getting your small fledgling empire into a lot of trouble before you were prepared for it. The charters system slows down early expansion dramatically, actually making it easier to expand with out angering your neighbors if you make a push for the charters early on.

I also like that you can choose your alignment instead of being locked into an alignment like you were in the vanilla version, and you still get access to all the major creatures you can recruit. Finally I love the new magic/culture system. I typically choose magics that help my economy before choosing spells that can be cast by my spellcaster.

This mod is a great piece of art, and you should be proud of yourself for it.

I do have a question for you. In the video I recorded, you can see me leaving my hero in the area of city state where i chose my religion/alignment. Then several turns later I returned the hero to my lands. The reason is that I read that you start getting quests from the city states, however I could not figure out how to get those quests, which is why I left him in that area, hoping that after a few turns a quest would pop up. That never occurred and after almost 10 turns in which my lands were starting to get hounded by barbarian raids, I decided to pull him back to protect my lands. I was seriously disappointed that I never got a quest with my hero.

Can you tell me what's going on, and how to obtain those city state quests?

This mod has a much lower threshold for unhappiness rebellions.
You will fix this small bug (the game say ''carefull, dont go under -10'', but it is not -10) ?

Had you a Ranger hero who died?
No.
Fighter, druid, Cadderval. No one died.
For the civilisation : House Selemchant.
With conjuration.

I lost the save, so I cannot give you more if you want fix this second bug. Sorry.

There is a bug with ranger when they win money, to the top at left, it is not good like the happyness before here.

Edit new bug :
You can see on this picture, my hero is twin ! When he become lvl4, and the ennemi border grow to him, and he is attack (around 65 PV to 50PV, he is not dying). The game say "he will dead ! So he teleport himself to my capital".

Great mod so far, I enjoyed it greatly last night.
I have one problem though, it seems like attacking cities is nearly impossible, even with mage lvl2-3 after they reach 30 defense.... It take forever to actually capture even just founded city, sacrificing bunch of melee units in the process and even mages. Thanks in advance!

Great mod so far, I enjoyed it greatly last night.
I have one problem though, it seems like attacking cities is nearly impossible, even with mage lvl2-3 after they reach 30 defense.... It take forever to actually capture even just founded city, sacrificing bunch of melee units in the process and even mages. Thanks in advance!

For capturing cities I use my strongest units! At least 5 of them, 2 swordmens, 2 healer and 1 mage. The swordmens need to take the fire before the mage get in fire range then the 2 priests can heal the wounded.

I tried Bruenor BattleHammer and not all the units have the dwarven trait! Expemple are mage, priest and worker.

... I found some differences between texts and effects.
Thank you for the notes on the wrong tooltips. It's probably time to go through strings with a full update, which I have never done in all the years I've been working on this. It's a daunting prospect as the text file is nearly 13,000 lines.

I do have a question for you... Can you tell me what's going on, and how to obtain those city state quests?
Sure! The Hero Quests can only be generated by a City State that is also a Cult Center. You'll know there's a Quest available if the CS has a Silver Fist under its banner. Keep in mind that you are in competition for that Quest with all other Major civs who have met that CS. If another civ grabs that CS Quest before your hero arrives, all you have to do is wait a few turns and they will offer another (the cooldown is based on the game speed and ranges between 10 and 40 turns). Also your hero will have to actually move near the CS to get the Quest (i.e. "camping" does not generate the quest dialog).

... There is a bug with ranger when they win money, to the top at left, it is not good like the happyness before here.
...You can see on this picture, my hero is twin
I don't think there is a "bug" with the generation of unique heroes bonuses; it ranges between 250 and 750 gold, and also offers +3 happiness per city. I do think, given those heroes are no longer mortal, that the bonus is too big now.

I think I know how the hero clone was made (I think you had chosen the Defiance alignment belief and Dimension Door spell).

I tried Bruenor BattleHammer and not all the units have the dwarven trait! Expemple are mage, priest and worker.
Racial traits are tied to units, not civilizations or leaders. Any unit upgraded to a dwarf unit will have the dwarven trait, no matter what civilization takes that upgrade. Arcanists and clerics have their own upgrade options (e.g. Enchanters, Cleric of Torm, etc.), and thus they don't have a race. Civilian units do not have a race or an upgrade option.

Playing Calimshan I find myself unable to build Wonders in Calimport (Capital) when they are buildable in Memnon (2nd city). Bug or feature?

Other than that, I am absolutely awestruck with this mod and its unique gaming experience. :)

I'm playing this mod when taking breaks from making my own one. The current version looks very good, and much better that when I last played it. I have some detailed feedback, and will post it soon. Now I have only one question:

How do I upgrade my units? I researched the tech (Metal Casting IIRC) that allows a more advanced version of Swordsmen. I have the required resource (Weapons +1), and I can produce Swordsman :)c5capital:) in cities. But I don't see any option to upgrade my old Human Swordsmen to this new version.

I am going to give this mod a whirl. Are there any tips for a newbie?

Something is wrong with this mod. I cannot open the techtree and I cannot choose a production in my capital, so I cannot end the turn. I've tried playing with DX9 that made no difference. I have downloaded version 9 and the art assets mod. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? I have a fresh install of CiV and have all expansions and dlcs. I really want to play this. Especially today on Thanksgiving. I do notice in my city screen that there is no name posted for my capital. When I try to build a unit, there is no drop down list to choose a unit from. It is really odd. Also, I am only using Faerun mods, so it is not because I am using a mod that would not work with this mod. Thanks for any help.

I tried it one more time. City screen interface is not working. I can't choose production, buy tiles, or anything. When I press return it doesn't do anything. I have to press return in the top right corner to go back to the map. This really sucks!

Something is wrong with this mod. I cannot open the techtree and I cannot choose a production in my capital, so I cannot end the turn. I've tried playing with DX9 that made no difference. I have downloaded version 9 and the art assets mod. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? I have a fresh install of CiV and have all expansions and dlcs. I really want to play this. Especially today on Thanksgiving. I do notice in my city screen that there is no name posted for my capital. When I try to build a unit, there is no drop down list to choose a unit from. It is really odd. Also, I am only using Faerun mods, so it is not because I am using a mod that would not work with this mod. Thanks for any help.

I tried it one more time. City screen interface is not working. I can't choose production, buy tiles, or anything. When I press return it doesn't do anything. I have to press return in the top right corner to go back to the map. This really sucks!

I kinda remember that you need to have some mods activated in DLC...

What I have is

Gods and Kings expansion pack.
Brave New World expansion pack.
Conquest of the New World.
Genghis Khan's Mongolia.

I kinda remember that you need to have some mods activated in DLC...

What I have is

Gods and Kings expansion pack.
Brave New World expansion pack.
Conquest of the New World.
Genghis Khan's Mongolia.

I still can't get it working. All of the DLCs are activated and Faerun is supposed to turn off ones not needed. I tried to activate just the ones you mentioned and the research and city screen still doesn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Ok, found my problem. Do not use enhanced user interface.

Are there any Dwarves to play as?

Top Bottom