Civ4 Beyond the Sword Patch v3.17 is out

Partisan event early in the game makes no sense, barb uprising is a huge boost. I'm not sure I want more barb ships to pillage but maybe it won't be as bad as implied.

Wow, just dont put raging barbs on... or you definately wont be exploring the sea early on... or building fishing boats. It gets pretty ugly.

i just installed the patch, installation runs fine and game starts w/o problems, but now i have some text missing in the options and game settings where it only displays the key string.

first i thought it may be a problem with language settings since i usually use german language, but the problem still exists after switching to english.

anyone else experiencing this?

Is it possible to build regular destroyers after you can build stealth destroyers with the new patch? Because now stealth destroyers can't detect subs, bombard or intercept. (Previously they only couldn't detect subs, IIIRC)

"Siege weapons cannot attack amphibiously"

Hmm, that's going to make amphibious asaults more tricky. I'm not sure that was necessary, but we'll see how it pans out.

The global warming change interests me, since global warming is the worst aspect of Civ 4 for me. Still doesn't sound very good; I'll probably just edit it out.

mesoamerica is a new mod they putted in the game and it also comes with a scenario

it looks cool... i wonder why only one person mentioned it till now

i've just been playing it and it has many mistakes

you can:
research horseback riding
build archers
build the stonehenge
(...)

you can't:
build mesoamerican temples (the ordinary temple from religions is there, and it has the aztec / mayan religion temple, but what about all those others they built?)
(...)

Firaxis should now copy most C3C Mesoamerica Scenario concepts and deploy them in this mod and correct these historical irregularities

^^FF or NW, for a example.... :lol: ( c'mon... Mechs? Starships? More fantasy than that..... :p )

But I have to agree with garbage in here :p : Firaxis had a good mesoamerican scenario/mod in C3C. Why not import most of it?

And horseback riding without horses... :nono:

The patch need a small fix: The new B-52-skin of the next war mod has no attack animation. It is just flying over the target and that was it.

^^FF or NW, for a example.... :lol: ( c'mon... Mechs? Starships? More fantasy than that..... :p )

but that's good fantasy! ...what's bad fantasy is AfterWorld, Defense (and now to give everyone reasons to complain about me...) and FfH !

the mesoamerica mod is a good idea but it wasn't worked on enough time, they'll just have to improve it

Goody hut gold now scales with game speed

Does this mean we shall be expecting more or less gold on epic games?
(Pardon me - probably a stupid question)

Global warming takes into account the number of forests and jungles in the world

That means that the more lush forest there is - the less it wil occur, right? Al Gore'll like this.

Added "No Espionage" game option

That's really great since I've always considered it a feature of no use. What about great spies though?

No espionage option :worship:

But are all Bhuric' corrections now included?

I'm not sure if the no espionage option is very good actually. They've made buildings which normally produce espionage points produce culture points instead. This will probably make culture victories far too easy.

Global warming now takes into account anhealthy buildings. Meaning recycling centers are probably alot more important late game then ever as are the forest preserves to a lesser extent. I hope global warming has a bigger effect on those civs that neglect environment, instead off hitting randomly.

I'm not sure if the no espionage option is very good actually. They've made buildings which normally produce espionage points produce culture points instead. This will probably make culture victories far too easy.

I agree with the espionage points be convert into culture points.

They should have left out the espionage buildings (Intelligence Agency & Security Bureau) and the other buildings having only their non-espionage benefits.

But I'm happy with the no espionage option, as I don't like to sent spies every turn, as the AI tends to do.

wow! finally the official patch!! wooohooo!!

hmmm... i am not sure if installing it right away cos i am am about to win a space race victory in a loooooooooooooooooooong marathon/huge/34 civs game... is there a risk that games saved with Bhuric's unoffical patch won't work with the 3.17 patch??

after reading the changes log it seems they mainly did what Bhuric has already done... about new feautures there are some interesting ones:

- Limitation for siege attacking from the sea makes sense to me, and will make sea invasions harder.

- Good that there is an option to turn espionage off for those that don't like the feature, but i won't be using it cos i like the espionage system (although it could be improved of course)

- About global warming I like the idea that not everything will turn into desert now. Actually I like the idea I saw in some mod; what happens there is that if global warming strikes a grassland, it becomes plains, and plains into desert AND tundra becomes grassland :D this little change make things much more interesting and realistic. I'd like to see that included. I also think that civs that value their forests and their environment should get some bonus, maybe less probability of sufering global warming effects.

- I was hoping for a improved glance screen... but it seems that i won't happen maybe till civ5 :(

- Keep my fingers crossed for a new expansion pack with more civs, improved tech tree, AI, units, etc... pls pls pls pls!!

Top Bottom