Project SYNTHESIS

You apparently didn't read what he wrote

Ok.... and I stand by the fact that Taoism has little to no correlation with Chinese Folklore.

Only 0.2% of the world population are Jewish, none of the ingame civilization ever had a Jewish state religion. There are almost twice as many adherents to Sikhism, for example, as well.

If there is a way to add Judaism, why not? You could have something like you have in RFC Europe and in SoI, where it spreads automatically, creates a bit of unhappiness but you can build a special money making building from it. That sounds like the best course of action IMO.

Judaism is no religion in this modmod anymore, and the Temple of Solomon is only a wonder that spawns in Jerusalem to represent it.

But you see, why not just re-add the religion, to make the Temple of Solomon worth something

Ok.... and I stand by the fact that Taoism has little to no correlation with Chinese Folklore.
If you mean the two don't have much in common you're right, but the Chinese view on religions is different than our Abrahamic perspective. A Chinese would never think he has to "decide" what is "his" religion. They're way more eclectic: aspects from both Taoism and Folklore are practiced, as well as Confucianist philosophies.

If there is a way to add Judaism, why not? You could have something like you have in RFC Europe and in SoI, where it spreads automatically, creates a bit of unhappiness but you can build a special money making building from it. That sounds like the best course of action IMO.
Why not? Remember the Engineering quote:

"It seems that perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove." (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"It seems that perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove." (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

I believe thats more to do for writing literature or an essay (hence the quote written by de Saint-Exupery) than about modding RFC :lol:

I don't think so, it's about perfection in general.

I believe thats more to do for writing literature or an essay (hence the quote written by de Saint-Exupery) than about modding RFC :lol:
Simple things are good in engineering because you have fewer things breaking down and frequently you also have lower production costs

Oops..
I totally forgotten that -.-"
But, I'm all out to add the religion back, when there's no limit it has to be 7 ! Let's add Aztec Religion, Andean Religion, Malinese religion, Satanism? (lol, joking) etc..

Oops..
I totally forgotten that -.-"
But, I'm all out to add the religion back, when there's no limit it has to be 7 ! Let's add Aztec Religion, Andean Religion, Malinese religion, Satanism? (lol, joking) etc..

Lets not overload ourselves with religions :lol: But as I stated before I do think an Mesoamerican religion would be useful overall.

@Leoreth + Civ_King
Guys lets not get too side tracked ;)
My point is that you can add as much as you want, as long as its relevant to the game, and that it actually adds something to the game, in terms of extra balance or fun

Which is my point (and that of the quote) exactly. If it has an effect on gameplay, it can't be removed, can it? ;)

The RFC-community never cease to amaze me :D Woopah, this looks SO great. I'm not really able to help out with anything requiring a minimum of pc-skills, but a huge thanks to everybody who is contributing to this in any way, and of course especially OP. Downloading instantly, of course!

Guys would Denmark-Norway be better as a rebirth for the Vikings? (...etc.)

Well, a case can be made for both DK-Norway and Sweden. And also for just having it continue to represent the whole Scandinavia, as the Vikings do, I dont really see a problem with that, given the name of this game. It's maybe not that historical, given that Denmark and Sweden to the best of my knowledge holds the european record for most wars between them, but since England and Scotland is one civ, and we have the Khmer to represent all of SE Asia, and... and.. then I don't see it as that problematic. The Scandinavian countries are all very similar in culture and language and everything else that comes to mind when defining a civilization, so to me, only thing that needs to be changed are the dynamic names. (Oh, and well if Denmark could start to be danish just half of the times, instead of being empty, german, or dutch, that would make me even happier :D)

About Portugal getting their caracks with Optics, and others having to wait go Astronomy to get caravels, I agree that it seems unbalanced, but isn't there something else we can do to help the poor Portuguese? Their OP sucks, and is really only useful for the UHV, and I seldom see them go anywhere in any game. The Dutch at least have a fine UP and an awesome UB.

About India moving to Patliputra as spawn point, I can understand your reasoning behind it from a historical point of view etc., but isn't it a really crappy city site before Calendar?

Does the new spawn in city-thing mean that there is no longer any auto-raze on spawn?

And finally a humble request: could you PLEASE not postpone the dutch spawn date? It makes them so boring to play :sad: Only thing keeping me from playing Leoreths otherwise excellent DoC, is my love to the NL. But this is wisfull thinking only, I know, I know...

Do u have a file extractor program, if not install 7 zip. Then go into 7 zip file manager and extract the files into 1.download program and then paste it into the 2. mod program

Dunno what you mean by 1.

And by 2. you mean Civ4>BTS>Mods?

Exactly, that's where it belongs.

I'll retry the download on my laptop later. Won't work on my desktop for whatever reason.

@Linkman: Really nice looking mod. I hope to try it soon.

@Linkman: Hows the progress and wat are including for next release?

Any dates for release:mischief:

@Leoreth + Civ_King
Guys lets not get too side tracked
My point is that you can add as much as you want, as long as its relevant to the game, and that it actually adds something to the game, in terms of extra balance or fun

Thats exactly why we shouldnt have Judaism.

@Linkman: Hows the progress and wat are including for next release?
Ya Linkman, when will you update the SVN again?

Thats exactly why we shouldnt have Judaism.

That is exactly why we should have Judaism, because it will add to the fun of the game and balance as well, because while Judaism will spread unhappiness to cities, building the a Jewish Quarter will give you a gold bonus (perhaps also a cultural one), otherwise you can purge them from your cities and have them flee to another city. You see what I mean?
Anyway what do you have against Jewish people?

That is exactly why we should have Judaism, because it will add to the fun of the game and balance as well, because while Judaism will spread unhappiness to cities, building the a Jewish Quarter will give you a gold bonus (perhaps also a cultural one), otherwise you can purge them from your cities and have them flee to another city. You see what I mean?

The problem is that i fear that Judaism will spread too much and also as Leoreth said it is theres like wat 10 million people that follow Judaism. The only way i will be convinced to add Judaism is that it is limited to 2 or 3 cities at a time.
Nothing

To me the problem is that we still don't allow more than one religion to spread to a city naturally. Of course the chance should be lowered with numbers of religions already present, but I don't see why we can't have jews scattered in some europeans cities, how that should make the game worse. Especially now with a option to "purge" unwanted religions again - Spain running Theo fx could want this - it seems to me that it now certainly adds to the game, and brings some extra flavour.

Allowing more than one religion in a city "by itself" would mean some interesting dilemmas to the player and the AI, as to whether to keep non-state religions for a slight increase in happiness and culture vs. the instability etc. Probably a lot of other factors to calculate aswell, and a lot of other new possible features with regards to this.

How about making independent Copenhagen spawn 1 turn before Viking spawn with population 2 (lesser change that it would be razed if "Barbarian who failed to attack rome" occupies it) and flip right when Viking spawn to represent Denmark ? I don't like either went Dutch goes around there and found Frederikstad or German goes there and found Hamburg etc etc..
To make sure Viking do not expand to Dutch or German core, makes area of Kopenhagen green (no problem on settling or conquesting city here) in Stability maps, Area of present denmark as yellow (much stability penalty for settle or conquest) and area outside present denmarks as red (Forbidden to settle or conquest)

What do you think ? :D

About pataliputra, sure it's a bad place before Calendar is founded..
Anyway, isn't its Indian job to found calendar as soon as possible so they can grow variety of spices etc so European cames from far far away to trade the spices from them ?

Alternate ending for religion problem, according to me, is making a "whatever its called" in Python so when any Civs found a tile there, they automatically have a minor religion, can't be a state religion, can't spread, and don't have holy city.
For example,

-Inca spawn and found Nazca as it's first cities. Nazca is founded as a capital and having a religion called, let's say, Andean. This Andean religion can't spread, and if Inca found the second cities where the religion still have entries in "whatever its called" in Python, say, Arequipa, there's automatically Andean religion as well. But if for example, Inca goes far far away and settle a tiles which lets say, present day Buenos Aires, there's no Andean religion there since it's do not have entry in "whatever its called" in Python.
Could that be possible ?
-Wait, I think I remember Baldyr said everything is possible if you know programming, lol-
If it is, we can have as many religion as it is, with only 7 is playable, and many minor religion which are nothing but decoration :p
Then we just need to map, which tiles will automatically have x Religion, which tiles have y religion, etc :)

That's definitely possible (one could make a map similar to the city names that contains each tiles' preferred religion). It's again only the question: why add a religion that only the Inca can have and that has no effect? Can't we simply assume the Inca follow their Andean religion until some other "proper" religion spreads there?

Well first, you never said anything about giving Judaism a special treatment like a money bonus or additional unhappiness. And this is not a medieval focused modmod, it would look out of place more often than not.

This isn't a serious argument, is it?

I can't stand it when people imply racist motivations even when joking. Seriously. So I hope you take that back.

Well just to make it prettier, I assume.
And let's say it could give +1 happiness, which can't be acquired if they built cities outside of that preferred religion :)
Also, to make the game seems more diverse, I suppose.
Some of us could just pretend they follow Andean religion, Shintoism, etc, but most of peoples, would they ?
This could benefit as educational purpose as well, for lets say, tell the player, "Oh, Japanese people following Shintoism way before there's contact with x Civs !" and such more thing..

Top Bottom