Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back, I was playing a game as Rome, and when the Byzantines never spawned, Orthodoxy ended up getting founded in Persia when I built the AP. In another instance, I was playing a "what if" campaign as the Moors. After conquering Iberia, the Maghreb, and West Africa, I conquered the Italian peninsula. My plan was to switch to the Italians when they spawned, but play them as an Islamic civ. Unfortunately, they never spawned!

In both instances, my stability was very high at the spawn dates for these civs, and my understanding is that in most cases, a civilization won't spawn within your borders if your stability is high enough. I want to modify the game so that every civ will always spawn. How would I go about doing this?

Ain't nothing too wrong with that. Persia was a center of early Christianity.
You can engineer the right conditions for con spawns as a human player, usually.

in most cases, a civilization won't spawn within your borders if your stability is high enough.
That's not true. That's true only for Thailand/Khmer and Byzantium/Rome.

Italy spawns if there's at least one independent city on the peninsula.

Most civs spawn regardless of stability.

Confusion here is between definition of spawn and respawn.

As Lone Wolf says, apart from a few civs which have conditional spawns, the spawn for most civs is unconditional.

Respawns on the other hand are always conditional and do consider stability.

Are they always conditional though? I could some respawns are scripted, Europe especially just needs to razed to the ground.

Respwans are conditional, but semi-scripted. Example: Egypt will respawn between 800 and 1200 if Arabia is not solid.

hopefully that means Leoreth took it down to fix some of those bugs

Is there a DoC specific wiki? I'd love to know about the civic combinations, even though most of them are straight forward.

No wiki for DoC that I am aware of. But to find out more about the civic combinations, just read the ingame Civilopedia. Everything you need to know about the DoC civic combinations is fully described under:

RFC Concepts -> Civic Stability Effects

Hey Leoreth, I used to play the crap out of this mod and I haven't played civ for a LONG time now, but I just downloaded and took a quick look at the version you have out now...... WOW!! I am blown away!! The new civs, the new wonders, units, everything! I ran a test run as Prussia (which is one of many brilliant ideas) and looked in the WB and the colonization is amazing!! I saw you are thinking of adding a post-colonial America, which would be awesome. But besides that, the ONLY thing I can think of that this could use to make a perfectly accurately historical game would be an improved Caribbean. It really seems impossible given the map space, but you've split the proverbial atom several times while creating this mod, so I think you could do it. Oh, lastly, I'm still in favor of getting Copenhagen in there somehow. But wow, I can't wait until my grad-school applications and finals are done so I can devour this game. You are a brilliant person Leoreth.

Where is he? What's happening with the mod? I feel like he's invited us to his house and then left without an explanation.

Are you kidding me?? It has been less than a month
He is probably taking exams or something like this, and will be back soon
Also, if you look at his profile, you can see he was here in CFC only a couple days ago

If you remember Rhyeism -- this mod has a cult following. No wonder passions running high here :)

Sorry, people. Leoreth is usually diligent about checking the forum and I enjoy the mod, and I am more accustomed to faster updates from him. This month-long absence was shocking to me. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I also didn't wish to come off as "entitled" even though I did. I should have phrased my post better, and I hope this doesn't look as naive as it probably does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom