Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, does the Thai 3rd UHV goal require no nonasian cities in South Asia or does it mean no nonthai cities in South Asia?

Thanks.

I have very little idea of where I screwed up, for the most part. Sorry about all of the hassle, I'm still a young and relatively inexperienced modder.:confused:

I'm also not very experienced in modding. (Or at least the python and C++ things, the others I do understand) So I can't help you any further than this. :(
I do admire your ambition. ;)

I don't know if it's a good idea to mod an RFC mod, if you don't have much experience. RFC (and it's modmods) are much more complex than a vanilla mod. Take a look here. These files should be changed if you only want to add a civ. (bottom of the post)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9874610&postcount=1

If you really have no idea what makes your mod doesn't work properly, the best way is to do it over again. Add all things one by one. The last thing you add before an error is the thing that is bugged.

No problem. Don't forget that 'Asian' doesn't include the Mongols, Iranians and others who aren't native to the area you have to keep 'Asian'.

I messed up there. I didn't know that I had to take Chengdu from China.

I'm also not very experienced in modding. (Or at least the python and C++ things, the others I do understand) So I can't help you any further than this. :(
I do admire your ambition. ;)

I don't know if it's a good idea to mod an RFC mod, if you don't have much experience. RFC (and it's modmods) are much more complex than a vanilla mod. Take a look here. These files should be changed if you only want to add a civ. (bottom of the post)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9874610&postcount=1

If you really have no idea what makes your mod doesn't work properly, the best way is to do it over again. Add all things one by one. The last thing you add before an error is the thing that is bugged.

I guess that is the best option. I didn't do that much, so whatever.

yes, it is

I know how you feel. After playing RFC modmods, I can't play civ in any other form. DoC definitely tops my list of favourite modmods too.

Anyone currently here remember the "dark ages" when Leoreth disappeared for about six months, we didn't know what was going to happen with the mod, the suicide rate on cfc increased exponentially. It was the worst of times.

Now look where we are! It's absolutely mind boggling!

Don't worry people, Leoreth will come back. He always does. He can't help himself.

Anyone currently here remember the "dark ages" when Leoreth disappeared for about six months, we didn't know what was going to happen with the mod, the suicide rate on cfc increased exponentially. It was the worst of times.
Yeah I remember. At that time in DoC Confucianism was not a religion and China's UB was called Confucian Academy (replaces University). At that time DoC was not a huge departure from vanilla RFC at all.

I thought the mod was done for (like so many others) and stopped playing. Then I checked back later and BOOM! Trading Company events. So I registered an account here on CFC and started posting (something I don't usually do on web forums, as my username would suggest). Because Leoreth deserves all my support.

The bottom line is, Leoreth doesn't owe us anything. I would pay at least $30 for a mod like this, but he's making it for free. So I think he's entitled to take breaks from it whenever he wishes to.

Shouldn't the Karelia and the Kola Peninsula be a historical/contested area for Russia? How can I change this?

How do I get a razing cities UHV goal, like the Mongols, and a killing units goal, like the Koreans?

How do I get a razing cities UHV goal, like the Mongols, and a killing units goal, like the Koreans?

By razing cities and killing units? :p

Or do you mean that the UHV doesn't trigger? Some of the UHVs, like Russia's Siberian Railroad goal, are bugged, and won't check off even if you complete it. It's annoying, but I just try to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom