Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

GIMME DAT SWEET BOATHOOK HYPE

Ahem. In my own news, I've been mostly working on things from a different continent. For a different game. I'm not what you'd call a faithful modder. =]

There is no mod but CL!
(fervently ignores that this is patently untrue and that there are many, many mods beside CL)

MOAR BOATHOOK HYPE (colors not final. In fact, these won't be the colors)
http://imgur.com/ts53PLh

(Imgur doesn't let me hotlink.)

Hey Nerai, is there any reason the [REDACTED] aren't in the 'Design Phase' portion of your sig?

EDIT: E&D for [REDACTED] should be up either tomorrow or Thurs, depending on how well documented BNW is.

Hey Nerai, is there any reason the [REDACTED] aren't in the 'Design Phase' portion of your sig?

EDIT: E&D for [REDACTED] should be up either tomorrow or Thurs, depending on how well documented BNW is.

Probably because [REDACTED] is [REDACTED]....:p
@Neirai: dis haip is wel-done.

Actually, it's because I haven't committed to building anything else yet. I've got a child on the way, and while [REDACTED], [REDACTED], Colonialist Legacies: [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] are all good projects that I'd love to do, I can't decide which one to go with.

I'm only redacting the above post because I don't want to start hype trains for things that I will never do, potentially.

[data expunged]. =]

Let me unredact something:

We're currently in the planning phases for Colonialist Legacies: Aboriginal Australia, a pack of civs based on Australia before Australia. The thing is, I won't be able to do the SQL work on these -- only design and lua. I'm hoping that someone will be able to step up to do the core SQL work.

If you're interested, speak up :)

That's very exciting. I hope there's an eel farming Gunditjmara civ.

I honestly just looked at a jfd mod and went from there. It's easier than it looks. But it's still code, so it needs patience + precision + eye strain

I'm more than willing to give directional oversight, Mewr11. It's not that hard, just time consuming and like Superwaffle says, you need to be very precise and careful (and patient with all the bugs.)

Until you said SQL I might have been willing to help :D But nah, can't wait for the pack. It'll be to Australia what the Polynesia pack was to Polynesia, and that's something which Australia really needs

Thanks for your props!

I personally don't care one way or another about SQL vs. XML, but I'm trying to stay in uneasy truce with the fanatics JFD and Leugi.

Actually, both have their upsides and downsides. The way we do SQL is pretty bad, and I've been experimenting with better ways. Also doing SQL opens some new avenues for modding that I have up till now not done.

Thanks for your props!

I personally don't care one way or another about SQL vs. XML, but I'm trying to stay in uneasy truce with the fanatics JFD and Leugi.

Actually, both have their upsides and downsides. The way we do SQL is pretty bad, and I've been experimenting with better ways. Also doing SQL opens some new avenues for modding that I have up till now not done.

Hmmm... SQL allows you to do all sorts of cool things, no?
anyway, looking forward to the next release!!!

Hmmm... SQL allows you to do all sorts of cool things

SQL allows you to put things into the database. XML does to. What SQL does that XML doesn't do (in this setting) is allows you to look at things in the database, as well. And you can do both at the same time, which is nice because it allows me to partially copy the data in the database when putting something new in the database.

I haven't experimented with using SELECT statements in Civ5, but in theory they would allow me to do some interesting things.

I should also mention that the executions are in full swing before we bring out the CL:AA civs, we'll be getting our old civs up to snuff with Decisions, better mod support and (in some cases) gameplay overhauls and fixes.

Expect to actually see the Inuit decisions work sometime this summer!

Top Bottom