Bad memory allocation problem

Behcio

Chieftain
Hi there.

I've been playing my game on a huge map made by one of the forum users (sorry, forgot the nick). Huge map, all the civs possible (except Calabim, who were exterminated) and one problem - I noticed at some point in the game that I can't reload a game while playing (you know, it's fine when I just load the game after starting it but not when I e.g. do a quickload). That was bearable, at least kept the game more dramatic :)

Anyway, I'm kinda stuck, because right after I end my turn, AI does its things, blah blah blah... and suddenly all my units get badly damaged. Well I'm not sure if it's all of them, but anyway I guess there are 2 suspects - Sheaim's world spell or perhaps the Armageddon counter passing the value 20 (not sure what happens then, never ever got it to that level). Ok, that's bad enough but the worst thing is that I get the 'bad memory allocation' error - I just can't continue the game :(. Perhaps one of you guys can have a look at the savegame in the attachment and fix it somehow? Or maybe just get my Sidar through the hard moment (maybe my computer is too sucky)?

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
Here goes:

AMD Athlon X2 5200+
2GBs of RAM
GF 8800 GTS 640MB (though I doubt it has anything to do here)
Windows XP SP2 (32-bit)
Asus M2N-E

I guess you don't need the HDD and Power Supply, right? :)

I have the same problem and my computer has a dual core 2 gigs of ram and an ati 1950 xt and i know what the problem is. Its the lanun world spell. Whenever the lanun cast their damn spell it effects every costal city in the world and by doing that it consumes all my ram, crashes my game, and then corrupts my newest autosave file. This was an old issue in warlords that I had fixed on my old hard drive but now i cant find that solution again to save my life. Is there anyway of disabling the lanun world spell? I simply can not play the game without them declaring war on me and when they do they use their stupid spell and crash my game.

...well since no one knows or cares about this issue i guess the only way to prevent it is to never have the lanun in your games.

Actually - I tried OctopusOverload's suggestion and lowered the graphics and it worked :)
I guess it's inevitable when you play a huge map with 18 civs aaaand you have vision in almost every city on the world (vassals + Esus religion and I have the holy city). Going down from High to Medium worked just fine

Top Bottom