Infinite Turn Time

schlalex

Warlord
Hey Guys.

I have now played FFH2 for a couple of times. Unfortunately i could not end a single game. Mostly because at some time of the game, i have an infinite turn time.
To be more exactly:

Everything is fine, the turns take only a couple of seconds.
I end my turn hitting enter.
The mouse cursor changes to the rotating world, the calculations of my cities are made (like buildings and the research proceed 1 turn). I even can see how other civs move their units. The Problem is that nothing happens after this. There is still the message "waiting for other civs". i can scroll on the map, i can even enter the advisors or the world builder. i cannot enter cities nor select units. And i cannot do anything to stop this.

When i open the file "themeparselog.txt" i can see some errors. These are:

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

Furthermore, i even had this problem after only ~100 turns, so it can happen in the beginning, too.
You can imagine that it is really . .. .. .. . to lose every game after a couple of days playing due to this problem.

I have Windows Vista and 4 Gigs Ram.

i hope u guys can help me, coz i just love this game and finally wanna beat it.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Infinite Turn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    538.4 KB · Views: 92
I guess I'll just tag along. I have exactly the same problem - even the themeparselog.txt file looks the same here :)

Anyone knows what's the problem or how to fix this? I think I saw a similar problem in the bugs thread and there was something about a barbarian settler. Thing is, I searched the whole map just before ending the turn (with WorldBuilder) and found nothing like this :/ Not even deleting the only suspects I had (Svartalfar settlers which may have turned HN thanks to their world spell, they didn't have the HN promotion though).

I have the exact same problem. The ThemeParseLog.txt is identical.

Here's my savegame that does it.

Attachments

• Vincent - Ljolsfar 2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Hey guys check out the .30 bug thread. I think the problem we're having has to do with Svaltar hidden-nationality Privateers/Caravels/whatsits sitting in an infinite loop while attempting to load units.

I finally found out that in my posted savegame it was the Ljosalfar. Every nation did its move except for them. After i deleted via worldbuilder their whole Empire, the turn proceeded successfully.

Top Bottom