Vicevirtuoso's Civilizations

Is it too complex? :lol:

I will need to mod that window extensively in the future, so I have time to learn, but would love to have something in the near future for a ranged UU - which basically means I would need to fit both CS and rangedCS in the same box (I believe epicss or ispanets did something like that).

It's not complex. The main thing you need to know is that if you want to use LuaEvents to pass data, you need to actually define a table, pass the table via the LuaEvent, and set the value you want returned in the table. Just using a return won't work for whatever reason.

Other than that, it'll mostly just be the trial and error of formatting it such that it all fits in the panel neatly.

I guess we are in different steps, I don't know how to START actually. Never modded anything UI-related.

I'm kind of in the same boat -- I'd like to start learning UI stuff, particularly since my Mima civ will require some, but have no real clue how to get started.

I believe Kael's old tutorial touches on the subject, though, so I'll probably try to use it as a starting point...

The first thing you do is put in a copy of the original UI file (or you can copy mine or whoward's), make sure its exact name is UnitPanel.lua, and set it to VFS = true -- don't put it in as an InGameUIAddin!

After that, you'll search for the comment which says "Ranged Strength" -- that's where all the different possibilities for the third line of the UnitPanel are. Basically, you'll want to add an extra elseif clause and copy one of the other sets of lines (you'll need all of the SetHide stuff to properly show it, so just copying it is the best idea here).

Other than that, I can't say specifically without knowing exactly how you want it formatted. You'll want to play around with setting the szRangedStrength, rangeStrengthStr, and rangeStrengthTT to whichever converted text keys and numbers you need.

Edit: For a much more detailed tutorial on the UI, there's a great one by -- who else? -- whoward. But that's more suited to writing your own UI element from scratch...which is something I'm gonna have to tackle soon.

Vicevirtuoso, i have a problem. When i play as Nagisa Momoe, i try to build or buy the incubator during Industrial Era, but the game always crashes. Also, one thing again, the game tended to crash during Industrial Era, when Madoka is complete building wonders...I wondered what is happening?? :confused:

The fact that you're building Incubators means that it's the Rebellion Civilization Pack, which is odd because it should be pretty much stable compared to Wish for the World. Can you post your save?

There's a great Honnouji Civ here. I had planned Nudist Beach, but it never got past the brainstorming stage because I couldn't think of decent uniques. Didn't really have interest in making a World's Best Mom Civ though.

Personally, I was thinking some Civs under management of the Elite Four. Nudist Beach I agree would be hard, though.

Sorry I didn't get around to testing this earlier, but I can actually tell what the problem with it is without even loading it. You're using an old version of the mod (v3) -- the most recent version is v7. v3 used an experimental method of increasing the cost of Incubators in the Renaissance, but it caused no end of problems (including CTDs) and I have since done away with it. Unfortunately, v7 is not compatible with older saves, and thus there isn't much I can do for your existing save.

Additionally, all of the other mods of mine you're using (Miku/Nanoha/Saber) are outdated. Updating them to their newest versions should also improve stability (especially Nanoha).

Did you happen to download the mods off of the front page of this thread? Because I, unfortunately, haven't felt motivated to update the links and information on it in months since most of my feedback comes from the Workshop, and this thread doesn't get a whole lot of attention. :blush:
I should probably fix that.

Yeah. I downloaded all of your mods using the links in front of this thread. Anyway, i enjoyed this mod so much by using Saber (dominion victory) or Miku (culture/scientific victory). Hey, i can write guides for these civilizations...

I'll update the OP when I publish the next update to the Rebellion Civpack which adds Decisions support. In the meantime, the Steam Workshop pages have the most recent Mediafire links.

In my current game playing as Mami (with the latest version of the Rebellion Mod Pack), I went to buy a unit with faith... and Kyouko's Chain Lancer was in my list. I have no idea whether the game would let me buy it, but... I'm not sure whether it's supposed to be in my list either way?

Spoiler :

I am playing with several other mods as well as Enhanced User Interface, so that might be causing the Chain Lancer to appear, but I wanted to check whether this was a known issue or not.

Known and now fixed. A byproduct of forgetting how stupid this game's coding is without whoward's DLL to fix it. I basically just ported the Chain Lancer from Wish for the World, which uses DVMC and thus does not have that issue.

Edit: Overdue update to the OP coming soon. I'm posting two last updates tonight before I take a break for about a week. Was going to wait until I had updated all of my mods, but since that'll be a little bit...

Edit 2: OP is finally updated, after only 4 months of neglect!

Top Bottom