Uighur_Caesar's Civilizations

That'd be much more boring. :p

And not compatible with CSD :(

This is a Design I thought up of:

The renaming was just to prevent confusion, I also wanted to add +1 Movement simply because its versatility as Military Unit should be exemplified, and Naval Brigade was unique idea I had from the new PRC came out that allowed its unique unit (Red Guard) to reduplicate itself and fits within the Naval theme that the British are known for, although this just something that I thought up on the spot so don't take it as the final product

I'm not too keen on the idea of a marine unit for Britain. I was also thinking of giving the ship +1 movement, but it seems that every time I make a ship UU I end up giving it +1 movement. I'll consider it anyway.

If you were set on the idea of giving Britain proto-marines, you could use the Sea Fencible as a unique unit. I guess giving them a defensive bonus when embarked would fit, as well as perhaps a smaller benefit when in friendly lands or on the defense. Pretty much just throwing that idea out there.

What are the thoughts on having Wellesley as the leader instead of Pitt? I know Wellesley wasn't actually Prime Minister until after the Napoleonic conflicts but he certainly seems far more evocative of Britain's role in them. I can understand the inclusion of Pitt however, especially if one wanted a more authentic leader and was going for an economic focus.

Wellesley is an option, but I can't seem to find any important leaders of the Spanish guerillas. I could put Ferdinand VII who was restored to the throne after Napoleon was defeated, but he's generally considered a bad king in Spanish history and he removed the liberal reforms that the Cortes of Cadiz introduced. Basically meaning that if I can't find a good Spanish leader I'll end up going Wellesley for the Spanish rebels because he was the most important general in the Peninsular War.

A slightly different take:-

---

Kingdom of Great Britain (William Pitt the Younger)
Start Bias: Coastal
Capital: :c5capital: London
UA: Golden Cavalry of St. George (yes, I know it's a bit long, but it's a real thing)
While at War with another Major Civilization, Military Land Units purchased with :c5gold: Gold appear adjacent to the British Military Land Unit closest to the enemy :c5capital: Capital. Every Building in the :c5capital: Capital lowers the :c5gold: Gold and :c5faith: Faith cost of purchasing Military Units by -1%.
UU: Greenjacket (replaces Rifleman)
Unlike the Rifleman it replaces, the Greenjacket is faster, having +1 :c5moves: Movement, and generally hardier. It not only starts with Survivalism I, but the unique promotion "Shorncliffe System", granting a +5% :c5strength: Combat Bonus while Defending for each Promotion the unit has. However, it is 33% more expensive and is vulnerable to Mounted Units.
UB: Bank Of England (replaces Bank, in a quite astounding turn of events)
+2 and +25% :c5gold: Gold, and +2 :c5gold: Gold from incoming Trade Routes. Additionally, upon completion, each Bank Of England decreases the :c5gold: Gold cost of purchasing Buildings in the :c5capital: Capital by -5% (to a maximum of -30%) and increases the yields of a random Tile next to the Capital by +1 :c5gold: Gold.

---

Now, I know this would probably be a bit of a nightmare to code, but it's more accurate to history given that the main weapon in the war against Revolutionary France was England's vast wealth. Vast amounts of gold guineas were used to bribe and coerce guerrilla fighters in the Peninsula into fighting the French and securing safe passage for British troops, and came to be known as the Golden Cavalry of St. George after the design on the coin. The Bank Of England and its stable coinage was in stark contrast to the chaos of the French financial system, riven with mismanagement as it was. The Revolutionary assignat, for instance, is one of the finest examples in economic history of how not to do it - up there with Weimar German hyperinflation and Zimbabwean... everything.

Hopefully that's of interest to you. =]

It is an interesting design, I'm an entirely conceived with it either. I am starting to think that a gold theme would work better and I can probably move all the naval stuff to E&D.

That made me think... what if the civ simply got more Influence from Gold Gifts to City States?

That is another possibility, but I want the civ to also have something for subsidizing your civ allies too which is why my original one had to do with trade routes because it's the easiest way I could think of doing it. I had originally thought of tying the military production boost to your GDP or the GDP of the city it was originating from, but I thought that was a bit too complicated and long. I could bring it back, ditching the naval stuff and focusing more on gold.

Also, I'd like to announce the first of my collab civs being completed. It's the Republic of Turkey, made primarily by EricNgui. I assisted with the design, wrote the DOM, and made the map. Here's the design and Steam link:

Republic of Turkey

UA: Father of the Turks: All scientific buildings are maintenance free and increase spawn rate of :c5greatperson: Great People. :c5culture: Social Policy costs are reduced by 20% during :c5goldenage: Golden Ages.

UU: Kara Kuvvetleri: Replaces Rifleman. +10% :c5strength: combat strength and double movement when in the hills. Gain :c5goldenage: Golden Age points upon killing an enemy.

UB: Halkevleri. Replace Public School. +10% :c5science: Science in the city for every :c5culture: Social Policy branch completed. City must be built a university.

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=467461617&searchtext=

Credits:

Me: Design help, DOM, Map
DoctorMcGann: Icons and Art
EricNgui: Everything else

Some of the design looks... Frankly familiar. I do like the first part if the UA, though, how does it work? Does it directly give GP points?
(Looks very synergetic)

The second half of the UA is similar to JFD's Anglo Saxons. It fit perfectly with the rest of the design though and it's really representative of Ataturk's reforms. I think the first half works by increasing percent, but I'm not sure since Eric did all the programming.

But didn't that UA had bugs? I remember that when I played against the Anglo Saxons they lost some of their policies. Hopefully that's fixed.

But didn't that UA had bugs? I remember that when I played against the Anglo Saxons they lost some of their policies. Hopefully that's fixed.

I haven't had time to test it out so you'd have to ask Eric. I'm guessing it works because he released it and there aren't any bug reports on Steam.

WHy is the map so squished?

Because I didn't know what size it was supposed to be when I made it so it came out .

I thought I would give an update as to how everything is going. I've been working on the Saudis and Metternich lately. Apparently you can't add dummy buildings upon a Great Person being expended so Metternich's UU is being changed to this:

Foreign Minister: Replaces GM. Builds an Embassy instead of the Customs House. Embassies can't be built next to each other and yield +2 :c5culture: Culture, +1 :c5production: Production, +2 :c5goldenage: Golden Age points, and a delegate to the world congress. Number of delegates acquired from Embassies has a cap according to map size.

NI still needs some art but will be the next one released. After that, either Jefferson, the Saudis, or Metternich will be the next one released.

The new Foreign minister looks pretty cool, those yields certainly seem attractive - would they increase at all, with the discovery of various techs or not. That said, I guess you could somewhat spam them so maybe that counters the issue. It also seems a little weird building embassies within your own territory, but that is a minor niggle and has no impact on the overall design.

Otherwise, and provided that Metternich's design is still the same (bar the UU) that you posted on page 9, it should be a very interesting civ. I like all of the synergy, it's a shame that the FM couldn't have been a GM replacement somehow to synergise even further - perhaps additional bonuses when performing [Replacement for Concert Tour] in foreign territory?

Regardless, it works well as is - what are your thoughts on their colour scheme?

I was considering adding +1 culture and +1 production at printing press or some other tech but I'm not sure yet. I actually really like that concert tour idea, it would make the unit a bit more versatile. I'm unsure of the color scheme. Red and white are Austrian colors but vanilla already uses them. The Austrian Empire's flag was yellow and black so perhaps those colors could be used, although Prussia and Russia are already going to have black so maybe I shouldn't repeat the color so much. Any suggestions for the colors?

Yeah, that was why I was asking, colours are going to be a right Bugger for Austria given that both Red/White and Yellow/Black are used for the vanilla Austria and JFD's revision respectively. An Icon might be somewhat easier as you could use an aspect of Metternich's coat of arms, but as for colours I've no idea.

It'd be awesome if the if the Foreign Minister could be transferred into a GM, but then that raises the question of what to do with great works for them.

For the icon I'll probably either use the flag of Vienna or the Hapsburg's coat of arms. Probably leaning more towards the Hapsburg's since it's a lion and not an eagle. Maybe the UB could be changed a bit to be more GM or concert tour oriented. Not sure how though.

I have an idea for Westphalia so I thought I'd see what you guys think of it:

UA:L'ete du Modele: Gain a social policy upon capturing an enemy capital. Buildings are :c5production: constructed 10% faster in conquered cities and give :c5culture: culture upon completion.

UU: Corps d'armee: Replaces Musketman. +1 :c5moves: movement and +10% :c5strength: combat strength when outside of friendly territory.

UB:Napoleonshohe: Replaces Hotel. Comes much earlier at Architecture. +2 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :tourism: Tourism for every completed Social Policy tree. If built in a puppet city, the -25% :c5culture: cultural penalty is removed.

The Saudis should be done soon. All I need is icons, *cough*DoctorMcGann*cough*, and the unit model which I have no idea when or if I'll get it.

The Westphalia design seems solid, does the culture from constructing buildings only apply in conquered cities - or in all? The wording is somewhat unclear, at least to me. The UU seems a little underwhelming, but I absolutely love the UB so that may make up for it.

Nice to see you are well on your way to releasing your second Civ. What's the status on the NI and Taino mods, if I may ask? I'm pretty sure you said that NI was missing leader art, but I can't recall if something similar was said of the Taino.

Only the conquered ones. UU could still be changed up a bit.

NI only needs icons and LS, *cough*DoctorMcGann*cough*. The Taino are farther away from completion. I still need to do some of their Lua, the second half of the UA in particular being difficult, and all of the art except the civ icon.

Only the conquered ones. UU could still be changed up a bit.

Fair enough, I don't necessarily think that the UU needs to be changed - I guess I'd wait to see what others think on the issue. One question that must be considered is the impact of a hotel replacement coming so early - the culture to tourism element of the base Hotel has the potential to prove immensely strong if civs are still struggling to build up culture. This is only a potential issue however, It should be easy enough to balance test.

For Metternich's colors, you could just alter the shades some. The colors on the depiction of their coat of arms seems to vary, depending on how detailed the depiction is. On those that show greater detail, the black is actually replaced by a shade of dark grey. Yellow and red are also prominent in the coat of arms, and there's a little bit of light blue as well. If you use the dark grey instead of black, you should be able to combine it with one of those other three colors to come up with a color scheme that is true to the Austrian Empire's colors while not being a duplicate of color schemes already used for Austrian civs.

Top Bottom