Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Ainwood, why did you change your avy, and what is your new one? (looks like an alien)

Couldn't that have been a PM or a wall post?

@Anyone.. where can I get the complete list of fonts usable on this site?

Couldn't that have been a PM or a wall post?

No, because others may be interested as well...(since someone else mentioning it caused me to ask the question).

Well it certainly should not be in the FAQ of Site Feedback.. if it actually had anywhere on the forum, it would be the avatar thread in OT.

Well it certainly should not be in the FAQ of Site Feedback.. if it actually had anywhere on the forum, it would be the avatar thread in OT.

To the best of my knowledge, the person I asked the question to does not visit that thread in OT. And I would say that commenting or asking a question about an administrator of this site's public image is in fact part of site feedback. After all, the administrators are an important part of this site. It's much like many people have asked TF about his avatar.

But as to why I'm rationalizing my question to you, I'm not sure...because this certainly has nothing to do with Site Feedback.

Because someone does not visit a thread is not an excuse to avoid using it. If we all used that rational, everyone would posy whatever they like, wherever they like.

You can try and think up of an excuse, but quite simply there is a thread for avatar discussion, so thats where avatar discussion should go. If you are worried the person you wish to talk to won't see it, alert them via wall post of pm. It is not an excuse to simply post where they have recently post.

Because someone does not visit a thread is not an excuse to avoid using it. If we all used that rational, everyone would posy whatever they like, wherever they like.

You can try and think up of an excuse, but quite simply there is a thread for avatar discussion, so thats where avatar discussion should go. If you are worried the person you wish to talk to won't see it, alert them via wall post of pm. It is not an excuse to simply post where they have recently post.

Okay, I'll bite - does your post that I'm quoting have anything to do with FAQ and Site Feedback, or everything to do with commenting on a specific member which this thread is nothing about?

Don't be a hypocrite. And as I said, if everyone wants to ask questions of the admins in SF, I don't think that would be too much of a problem, so sure, everyone can use my rationale if they'd like.

You bit a long time ago ;)

An of course, you are right. All these posts have been a derail. However, I don't think it was wrong of me to point out where you should post such a comment... perhaps I should have done it as a report to the mods..

We are both guilty of then happily fuelling the derail train for several posts.

did the moderators put me on mute or something? I dont think anyone sees my posts . Hello out there!

did the moderators put me on mute or something? I dont think anyone sees my posts . Hello out there!

Don't take it personally, they are very busy. :) Sometimes they forget to reply or just don't see it right away.

They must have unmuted me.

They became mods before the infraction system existed.

But I don't think that's really an appropriate question to be asking, or a very useful one. This thread is supposed to be for questions about the site to which people actually need the answers, not idle speculation about particular individuals.

They became mods before the infraction system existed.

But I don't think that's really an appropriate question to be asking, or a very useful one. This thread is supposed to be for questions about the site to which people actually need the answers, not idle speculation about particular individuals.

Random individuals, absolutely not.

The admins on the other hand, I'd consider them part of the site as some user pointed out;)

However, I was just curious.

As for the infraction system, what did you guys do before it existed? Also, did it take any trial and error to get the right system or has it always been this way?

The infraction system was introduced in November 2006.
There were a couple of minor tweaks in the beginning but nothing major.

Top Bottom