Current Status + Future Updates

Sheep21 is most qualified to answer that question, unfortunately he's out of town right now. Do it as you're doing for now.

Playtesting is not far off, we will be sure to take you up on that. We're essentially in the alpha testing stage already.

Uncle Anton, thats fine by me!

Hello folks, Steve here. I'd like to introduce myself to the team.

I'm a friend of Grant's (DVS) from the UofM and the res here. As he said I have volunteered to help him make some python related changes (since he is a dept. of science goon with a very rudimentary understanding of programming ;)). Right now we are going to start by looking at what changes we can make to the United Nations.

If anyone from this team has any questions about python or C++, I can try to help you.

He has shown me all the work you guys have done already, it's really amazing. I have never played civilizations before, but I'm going to start, and I can't wait to play this. I'm happy to have a chance to contribute to such an impressive project, hopefully I can be of help.

Welcome aboard RocknRolla :beer:

I second that, welcome on board buddy. Thanks for the help you already gave me this afternoon, and for signing up to the board.

@mattygerst: As you have more technical programming related questions that I can't answer, PM or email RocknRolla, he will be more likely to have an answer for you.

welcome about rocknrolla!

NikNaks has very limited time, so don't take offense that he hasn't updated that post again! But you're right, when he has the time, he should change UUs and UBs to mention that they are covered by you and Joecoolyo respectively.

Life is a real pain at the moment, with examinations, orals and coursework. I haven't been able again to get as much done to the Technologies cpedia, however I have now done about 18-20. If you set a deadline though I should be able to stick to it. :)

Welcome aboard Steve.

So, is there something else I can help with these days? I mean besides disputing over ideologies...
Although I'm not sure how much I'm finally going to be able to do since I also have one exam and one term paper pending.

@ianinsane: hehe, of course there is bud! There are still a couple areas that could use extra hands. Mind if I send you a PM about it tomorrow? We can figure out where you'd like to contribute.

@MasterOfDomain: don't worry about it, just do whatever you have time for. :)

We really don't have a deadline, since our release date is flexible at this point (depends on how much testing/tweaking it takes before we have a mod we're happy with). It would be nice to have all entries for the first release obviously.

@ianinsane: hehe, of course there is bud! There are still a couple areas that could use extra hands. Mind if I send you a PM about it tomorrow? We can figure out where you'd like to contribute.

@MasterOfDomain: don't worry about it, just do whatever you have time for. :)

We really don't have a deadline, since our release date is flexible at this point (depends on how much testing/tweaking it takes before we have a mod we're happy with). It would be nice to have all entries for the first release obviously.

but can we expect it in around a month time or in like 3+ months?

I'm not exactly sure where to bring this up, so i throught I would bring it up here! I was excited when I found this particular mod, looking forward to playing it if it gets released :) But I was looking through the Civ lists, and noticed that the UK doesnt include the Falklands? It appears like this in the City list:

(United Kingdom (Jamaica, Belize, Bahamas, Trinidad).

I also noticed that Argentina appears too! I don't know what size world map is being used; Perhaps the Falklands don't appear. However, they are a key point in Max Riga's mod, as Argentina often tries to reclaim them by force, making them a good spark point for international diplomacy and warfare:) Could they be included? I have experienced some memorable moments in Max Riga, as both the UK and the Argentinians, struggling to take them, or hold them, through fair means and foul :) points of conflict like this often make for great fun ingame, and give a use and reason for all those carriers and destroyers:)

News! Thunderfall has provided us with a shiny new testing forum for private use. However, to use it, you'll need to apply to join the group on this page. Once you've done that, either DVS or I will confirm you as a member and invite you in. Once I've gotten the issues sorted with the SVN, we'll start really testing this baby out. :)

More good news for the mod;

Welcome our newest team member, veBear. :beer:

I have volunteered to help with the unit xml, so I guess that's not a so big problem anymore, as that is what I think is something of the most easy xml work, second only to civilizations. Also i would recommend Norway to be in Permanent Alliance to the United States, as Norway (my home) is extreamly loyal to the US. Just to mention it, newly the Norwegian Government choosed to buy American Planes, even if they did lose much money on it, and it would be much smarter to buy the swedish planes.

veBear

as a NATO member it should be aye :)
will have units all done for you soon!!

Top Bottom