Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

I personally like making it so that exploring has a delay instead of costing the unit its movement.

Could you make it so that delayed cast spells are cast just before the immobility wears off instead of just after, so that units can cast as soon as they can move again?

Wow, awesome changelog. And I'm quite honored to see some of my changes on there. :) Also love what you did to Aqueducts, that's exactly the kind of fix I should have come up with.

While you are tweaking the archery line (very much approve that change, btw), would you consider looking at lowering the cost of Bowyers? It really seems like one of the most overpriced techs on the tree.

need this Mod mod soo bad.. the channel log has some awesome tweaks.. any news on a release date please?

Changelog looks great. Looking forward to it.

Any chance you can tweak the AI to favor building next to rivers as they have become more important. Always bugs me that they seem to feel rivers are irrelevant leading me, in my perfectionist ways to raze the city and resettle one square over.

lol allow me to quote Vehem replying to the same question in the original FF thread: :lol:

"Have you noticed that the thread is now in a "Fall Further" forum? I'm guessing that you might have subscribed to this thread and are just clicking through to it directly as a couple of the points you've raised are discussed in other threads in this forum (mobile siege etc) and I haven't noticed you posting in any of the other threads.

That might also explain why the original thread seems slow "

Awful quiet. Has this mod-mod been abandonned? That would be horrible.

Definitely not abandoned- we've just had an influx of new ideas and a lack of time lately. We've now banned ourselves however from making any major additions beyond what we have already and are basically working to get it out the door. To give you an idea of activity behind the scenes, I didn't get chance to check PMs yesterday and woke up with 16 of them all about Fall Further from the people working on 043.

Of course - the additions we don't make just now will show up a little later on anyway...

Another change I'd like to request: Could you make Stirrups no longer require Archery? It feels weird to have to grab Archery to continue down the mounted path... Although it will be less of a problem now that Archery is easier to reach.

Horse Archers requiring Archery makes sense, but Stirrups requiring Archery makes little sense to me.

Another change I'd like to request: Could you make Stirrups no longer require Archery? It feels weird to have to grab Archery to continue down the mounted path... Although it will be less of a problem now that Archery is easier to reach.

Horse Archers requiring Archery makes sense, but Stirrups requiring Archery makes little sense to me.

Good call - included.

Something else that occurs to me: While I love the changes to Archery to make it much more accessible, would it possibly make Gilden Silveric come too early for the elves? He is already a pretty strong early game hero.

Well he has str 5 attack after all, the equivalence of Rantine or Lucian with copper, which is about the same age.
Of course defensive-wise he's a real beast early on, but having him appear a little earlier shouldn't really make the Ljosalfar too strong offensively.

Well he has str 5 attack after all, the equivalence of Rantine or Lucian with copper, which is about the same age.
Of course defensive-wise he's a real beast early on, but having him appear a little earlier shouldn't really make the Ljosalfar too strong offensively.

Dexterous makes him total 6 strength, the equivalent of an Axeman with Iron Weapons, plus he has a ranged attack. He doesn't get City Raider, but he's still pretty potent.

oh yea forgot that he has dexterous.
His ranged attack is really weak though iirc, something like 10-15% capped. But he'll still have trouble breaking cities, lacking shock II and CR. Unless of course you reach a really high level on him

oh yea forgot that he has dexterous.
His ranged attack is really weak though iirc, something like 10-15% capped. But he'll still have trouble breaking cities, lacking shock II and CR. Unless of course you reach a really high level on him

The Gilden rush is already a well accepted MP tactic- he can win you the game if your opponents aren't rush prepared. Try it against the computer and you'll find you can crush your whole continent if you get him early enough.

If you are buffing archery, he really needs something to stop him coming out even earlier. Archery AND hunting maybe? Or more hammers?

I was thinking making him require Archery and Hunting would be about right. That puts him about where he was previously, if not even a little slower because you need Crafting.

Loving the passive xp effects, especially the dwarven vault additions!

Top Bottom