Ideas for Unique Units and Buildings.

Ok, first post updated again.

How about "Rebel Training Camp" as the name for the Failed State's custom barracks?

Sounds good to me ( I was looking for a name :D )

can we swap this:

NATO (UK)-
- Marines for unique Unit and/or
NATO- SHAPE soldier (replaces infantry)
+25% defense
+1
+2

for this:
Royal Marines
elite light infantry of the Royal Navy
effective in all combat situations, counter terrorism, special ops, high intensity warfare.

start with hill defence
amphib assualt
50% vs gunpowder
25%vs armour.

edit: pretty please? after all the Royal Marines exist, aint never heard of NATO marines :p

I'll update the list.

thankyou sandman, your my hero!

Sheep! You got the mod name wrong in your sig.

You're so last year. lol

oops, but that takes more effort,

meh will go fix it now.

I'm going to change the North Korean UU from an ICBM to a tactical nuke. Here are the stats:
range: 6 (+2)
Cost: 300 (+50)
+25% more damage
Can nuke enemy territory
Can evade interception (50% chance)

Good idea, sounds more like what they have.

sheep21 and I were discussing on yahoo...

since a lot of these countries don't produce their own military hardware, for a lot of the civs that we still need UU ideas for, we should focus as much as possible on local variations to the infantry unit. Every country can drug up some type of infantry, let's try to show what kind. For example, a smaller African civ could have some sort of technicals. Actually that specific example may be more of a (weaker) replacement for a tank, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

The exceptions being countries like Israel with their Merkeva, and North Korea with their nukes. Hope you guys agree.

since a lot of these countries don't produce their own military hardware, for a lot of the civs that we still need UU ideas for, we should focus as much as possible on local variations to the infantry unit. Every country can drug up some type of infantry, let's try to show what kind. For example, a smaller African civ could have some sort of technicals. Actually that specific example may be more of a (weaker) replacement for a tank, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

The exceptions being countries like Israel with their Merkeva, and North Korea with their nukes. Hope you guys agree.

Yah, that makes sense, Sandman was telling me in school today that he couldn't find UU's for a bunch of the smaller Civs. I'd say lets give UU's to the civs that can actually produce them (i.e. Israel is able to produce the Merkava, North Korea is able to produce Nukes, NATO can produce the Royal Marine Commandoes, etc.) and let the smaller civs, as you have said above, have cheaper weaker infantry, or any other units (ones that seem the country would be able to produce (i.e. Ethiopia isn't going to be able to scrap together a Stealth Bomber)).

But then there is a problem with that, I know that we are trying to make this mod a realistic as possible, but the problem with giving small civs weak UU's because of there current situation might not work. For example, What if I wanted to make Ethiopia a World Super Power? I won't be able to do that if all if my UU is weak infantry. IF we are going to this, I'd say we put a secondary, regular UU that can be unlocked once a certain amount of, modernization, has taken place. If that is even possible... it would make it so modern Ethiopia isn't stuck with the same UU as 4th world Ethiopia.

you would have to play tactically... as a real ethiopian leader would if they wanted to advance there cause.

African armies are poorly trained, poorly led, poorly equipped and poorly disciplined. You would have to rely on what you could buy from outside weapons suppliers.

I do like the idea of reaching a certain point and upgrading to say "disciplined African Infantry" or some such.

If I can't find any UU for a certain civ, then I will try and make up an infantry unit for it. If someone else can find a UU for that country or I stumble across one, then I will replace it. Good idea.

generally every country on earth will have infantry and some sort of prestigious regiment of corps.
I.E The Corps of Royal Marines for the UK
USMarine Corps for the USA

and various "presidential", "revolutionarly" divisions\regiments in Africa\Caribean\Sth America etc. Try the Wiki for the countries your having difficulty with :)

you would have to play tactically... as a real ethiopian leader would if they wanted to advance there cause.

African armies are poorly trained, poorly led, poorly equipped and poorly disciplined. You would have to rely on what you could buy from outside weapons suppliers.

I do like the idea of reaching a certain point and upgrading to say "disciplined African Infantry" or some such.

Yes, currently African armies are pretty poorly put together, but once again, Maybe I want to make the African Union a World Super Power? (with all those resources, who wouldn't ;) ). I think the best way, is as you stated above, is to start out with poorly trained infantry units (or other variations), and then once they become modernized (maybe researched a certain tech?) they unlock their full UU.

Yes, currently African armies are pretty poorly put together, but once again, Maybe I want to make the African Union a World Super Power? (with all those resources, who wouldn't ;) ). I think the best way, is as you stated above, is to start out with poorly trained infantry units (or other variations), and then once they become modernized (maybe researched a certain tech?) they unlock their full UU.

They will have to save/spend money and buy weapons licenses, then they will be able to produce more modern units. ;)

Don't forget, that feature is going to be in version v 1.0.

Once we have the scenario all balanced, it should take very smart play to turn any small nation into a super power. But it will be possible. :D

Russia should have been on the original list of units we don't need UUs for. They are one of the "Arms Dealer" nations, so they will have dozens of UUs. So don't worry about them.

Top Bottom