Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

still playing as evil lizards

the little messages that comes up (pop increase, about to turn unhappy ect ect) at the top-center of the screen, stay there and dont leave if you reload your game, even when new messages come they just stay there underneath the new ones and still there after they leave.

AFTER i have shut down civ4 and start it up again then load my save game it loads all the way then CTD's

Crashes before you can make any input and check if the messages are still "stuck?"

Anyway, post the save and I can see what exactly is crashing it maybe.

For some reason, I was able to attack some Orc savage units (warriors) as a barbarian alligned civ, but not another (lizardman).

Also, Basium declared war on me, the only unit he had was a worker.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but if you start the game as infernal, you auto found AV

Barbarians spawned from lairs will still attack those allied with that barbarian faction.

No Hidden Nationality involved at all?

Basium was because you follow AV and he is forced to declare against anyone following AV if he isn't in another war.

And yes, Infernal get AV in every city every turn, so they will found it instantly if you use them from gamestart.

Game options are messed up, eg no demonic horde actually means unrestricted leaders, other options are also shifted

I re-ordered all of the options just now, so hopefully it winds up covering this glitch, though I don't see what is causing it in the distributed version. vexing

My F1 screen comes up blank. The only thing there is the exit button in the corner.
My Priest of Leaves can still cast Bloom even though I've changed religion to Tentacle Monsters.

Barbarians spawn and move same turn. This means if you have a worker on the edge of your culture, as I did a moment ago. A barb warrior can spawn and kill your worker instantly, with no warning. Even though I can see 3 tiles past my culture.

The doomsayer's culture malus has no effect, I would assume this is because it subtracts the scion culture it adds to the city. Also, as the scions I can build the Sheaim-only ritual.

Barbarians spawn and move same turn. This means if you have a worker on the edge of your culture, as I did a moment ago. A barb warrior can spawn and kill your worker instantly, with no warning. Even though I can see 3 tiles past my culture.

This might explain how one of my improvements was pillaged out of the blue. I think someone said also that barbs can spawn inside borders now too?

I just couldn't figure out where that barb Warrior came from and how it got to that pasture so fast. It must have spawned one tile away from the pasture and then moved to pillage it.

Hard to defend against that!:crazyeye:

Got a python error on MP (I think the mod dislikes me, we've had a few CTD's thus far):

Attachments

• ffpython.JPG
    ffpython.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 77
Hrm.. no issues with my F1 screen. Anyone verify that it is bugging out please? And priests can cast their spells based on the religion of the unit, they don't care about your state religion (only High Priests care about that, and they completely leave the service, rather than just stop casting their magics)

I'll check on the Barbarians, but I am quite certain that they spawn after the Barbarians complete their turn, and just before the human starts his. There may be an issue with getting a warning and waking your units if the Barbarian spawns instead of walking in however.

Barbarians can only spawn in borders of people who are allied with the Barbarians.

Doomsayer isn't meant to remove total culture from a city, but rather to slowly make them into a Scion affiliated city to assist with other actions you might take (like say, a culture flip of a healy, thriving city)

Apparently the Masters hall gives you +4,428,30,368 GP points.

Apparently the Masters hall gives you +4,428,30,368 GP points.

Hmm..... I'd love to say that I had the same issue, but sadly, my Master's hall is normal. :(

One thing that I have noticed however.... Absolutely ANY time I attempt to reload a save(Trying to keep Alcinus in my possession now that I have him back, at least until Themoch gets back..), I get a MAF. I haven't had one of these for weeks, not since I tried playing a massive Planet Generator map, and even then, they didn't start until around turn 500. I'd post a save game if I didn't use Lock Modified Assets... If it would still be helpful to do so, just let me know. :)

Another python error (clicked the unit statistics button)

Attachments

• ffpython2.JPG
    ffpython2.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 58
No Hidden Nationality involved at all?

Basium was because you follow AV and he is forced to declare against anyone following AV if he isn't in another war.

No HN involved.

If Basium does this, it might want to be changed so that he has a great disliking. I had hyborem outside his borders, with no one guarding his only city. It should just be an extreme dislike, and heavy inclination to go to war IMO. But thats more of a balance issue.

Playing Scions on Emperor; standard pangea, standard number of opponents.

Well, got my first reborn via attack at turn 145. I've been at 10% spawn rate for some time (ancient arts, aristocracy, pop at size two.

Kept up until turn 195 and no auto-spawns.
Is the auto spawn rate working correctly?

As Bannor I could build Hallowing of the Elohim. If you use advanced start, you can put in improvements you dont have the tech for, at regular cost. And after getting construction, I couldn't build the Artisans Workshop (the non unique one) until I had discovered education, but the Pedia entry doesnt say it is required.

Discovered the Sidar can construct the Elohim ritual. Really odd since the Elohim are not even visible to anyone yet, if even in the map (huge map, 3 player hot-seat, 10 other rivals, prince level- currently at turn 120-ish. Guessing that's a bug and not a feature. Might be neat to have all the 'good' guys or 'evil' guys construct the alignment ritual though.)

Cards denoting great people, Orthus, Archon etc in a Multiplayer game only pop up for the first person.

2 bugs in my game ... I have checked both and they do repeat.
1. the visual for corn does not exist or will not show. the area is clear to show it but there is nothing on the tile. toggleing the resource display will still show an icon over it but its just a blank tile. you can still build a farm on it and collect the resource but only the buildings of the farm show, not the farm squares.
2. toggling the "random seed on reload" function only works untill the first reload. you can see it active on the victory screen at first. save your game and reload and you will get repeatedly random results from combat and lairs the first time but after that first reload the option is switched off and any save/reload after that will produce the same results each time. the option was also not visible as clicked on under the victory screen after that. however when i start a new game the option is still clicked on so it does remember that setting between games.

also for scions. the first time i got the option to get the headless promotion, clicking on the icon to get it did nothing. it was as if i had not clicked on anything. at that point i just ignored it and switched over to the next turn and at that point the unit had the promotion as normal. a little unusual but i haven't played the scions much so i have not had the chance to repeat this.

also for scions. the first time i got the option to get the headless promotion, clicking on the icon to get it did nothing. it was as if i had not clicked on anything. at that point i just ignored it and switched over to the next turn and at that point the unit had the promotion as normal. a little unusual but i haven't played the scions much so i have not had the chance to repeat this.

That actually has nothing to do with the Scions specifically... Occasionally, a promotion will get 'stuck' and you have to re-select the unit, after which the promotion will be applied. Was much more common in the initial release of the last version, mostly gone now.

Also, here's a save from my current game, getting a MAF everytime I reload during play. Hopefully you can reproduce it. ;)

I have an autosave that crashes every time I try to load it. I'm playing as the infernals.

Crashes out here as well, unfortunately it is one of those non-helpful crash reports on the program side. Just tells me that it didn't like what the program tried to do, no hints at what that was. Thank you for providing it though, I'll see if I can figure something out before I break savegames :)

2 bugs in my game ... I have checked both and they do repeat.
1. the visual for corn does not exist or will not show. the area is clear to show it but there is nothing on the tile. toggleing the resource display will still show an icon over it but its just a blank tile. you can still build a farm on it and collect the resource but only the buildings of the farm show, not the farm squares.
2. toggling the "random seed on reload" function only works untill the first reload. you can see it active on the victory screen at first. save your game and reload and you will get repeatedly random results from combat and lairs the first time but after that first reload the option is switched off and any save/reload after that will produce the same results each time. the option was also not visible as clicked on under the victory screen after that. however when i start a new game the option is still clicked on so it does remember that setting between games.

I am seeing corn just fine. Did you use End of Winter or complete Dowsing? I know each of those mess with resources a bit, so they are slightly suspect.

On number 2, you mean that you start a game with Ranodm on Reload. Save the game and load it once, still has Random active in F8. But loading that same savegame again after the first time it won't? Or saving at some new future point in the game, THEN loading, it seems to lose the option?

Valk: Unfrotunately Lock Mod option does seem to keep me from opening that save file :(

EDIT: Yup, Random On Reload doesn't carry across on save/load. At least, not for displaying it in the F8 menu. I didn't test to see if random events played out differently for me.

Top Bottom