[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

Still getting some very weird effects... (See post #133. The screenshot is from a previous game, but starting a new one, I get all promotions on turn 2 and quite the same research progress numbers and score.)

Edit: I forgot, a small graphical issue appeard, here is the .exe to fix it.

While you're adding new content, maybe you could get more canyonlike canyons. I saw a graphic for this on the main news page and followed it, to find it was for Civ3. But the idea seems good to me, using flood plains for canyon art, though I don't know exactly how you would make it work.

Yes, i know, the art is not perfect :(.
The main problem is, that i don't know, there the flowing effect comes from, so that i could get rid of it.
I'll have a look at the alpha channel, maybe there's a bit in it.

Still getting some very weird effects... (See post #133. The screenshot is from a previous game, but starting a new one, I get all promotions on turn 2 and quite the same research progress numbers and score.)

Any similaraties in the circumstances?

Any similaraties in the circumstances?

Well, I play the 18 civ map (Riesig) preferably. The issue appeared out of nowhere: first the mod worked fine, then all of a sudden income displays an off-the-scale number, all civs have score 0, and all promotions are granted. Now it appears each time I try to start a new game... As nobody else is reporting it, I'm really puzzled - and frustrated obviously, as it makes the mod unplayable...:(

EDIT: Actually, I've recently installed the Unofficial Patch; could this be incompatible with Mars Now!?

Hello The_J
thank you for clearing the group-problem!
Now i have a proposual for further developing: how about of more individuality by different civics?
In your mod there are a few units that can only be build if you choose for example the Cybernetic_society Civic (or religion). I like that and in my opinion much mor units could have that attribut. I tried to make little changes on your mod, but wasen´t succesfull (i couldn`t get it out how you make that civ-definition. I supposed it would work with religion, but i didn´t find it).
I wanted to give every Society her own units.

Well, I play the 18 civ map (Riesig) preferably. The issue appeared out of nowhere: first the mod worked fine, then all of a sudden income displays an off-the-scale number, all civs have score 0, and all promotions are granted. Now it appears each time I try to start a new game... As nobody else is reporting it, I'm really puzzled - and frustrated obviously, as it makes the mod unplayable...:(

EDIT: Actually, I've recently installed the Unofficial Patch; could this be incompatible with Mars Now!?

The unofficial patch is a .dll component, isn't it?
If yes: It shouldn't affect it, but i'm not sure.
-> doing this f******* part of python code on myself is now the next thing on my to do list.

The game crashes on the 18 civ map after installing the latest mod patch:(

:confused:
The map works for me (but i see, that the civs and starting points are now not random, i'll have to fix it).
What error message do you get?
Are other maps working?

Hello The_J
thank you for clearing the group-problem!
Now i have a proposual for further developing: how about of more individuality by different civics?
In your mod there are a few units that can only be build if you choose for example the Cybernetic_society Civic (or religion). I like that and in my opinion much mor units could have that attribut. I tried to make little changes on your mod, but wasen´t succesfull (i couldn`t get it out how you make that civ-definition. I supposed it would work with religion, but i didn´t find it).
I wanted to give every Society her own units.

It's done through a mod component from Zebra9 (sadly it's the component, what is causing Jeleen's troubles :().
When you look at the "marsjetzt-v02\assets\" folder, you'll see the folder "zConfig", with an special file in it. You can open it with Notepad, Wordpad, etc, and you'll see, how it is done (one file for the unit, one for the civic, and a third, if you should be allowed to build the unit after changing the civic).
Shouldn't be difficult to understand :), but if it is, then ask me :).

What units would you suggest?
I do not have much models here (2, which i want to use for UUs, and 2 unused, one plane and a tank) :(.
I also think, that it shouldn't be too much, because it will confuse some people.
But i'll listen to all suggestions :).

What units would i suggest?
I would reduce the number of units generally. Only two infantry-units for each society. One Regular and one Special-Forces. One recon/scout an one tank. The same for artillery and fighter. If you haven´t good loking bombers, than let them out and make the fighters to fighter-bombers. The same for the mechs. Every society must not have every unit. For exampel why should normal-society not couldn`t be able to build a mech. To give the possibility to upgrade units make MKI, MkII, MKIII ... types from the same units.
At last: your mod doesn`t run stabil either on my PC. Sorry

:confused:
The map works for me (but i see, that the civs and starting points are now not random, i'll have to fix it).
What error message do you get?
Are other maps working?

I seems to be happening after I have chosen new civics and end the turn. I happens on all scenarios, I haven't checked if it happens in random games yet.

EDIT: Apparantly the CTDs are random and happen regardless of what mode I play.

My game randomly crashes, typically after the discovery of Judaism.

Is it reproducable?
If yes: Could you please attach a savegame?

What units would i suggest?
I would reduce the number of units generally. Only two infantry-units for each society. One Regular and one Special-Forces. One recon/scout an one tank. The same for artillery and fighter. If you haven´t good loking bombers, than let them out and make the fighters to fighter-bombers. The same for the mechs. Every society must not have every unit. For exampel why should normal-society not couldn`t be able to build a mech. To give the possibility to upgrade units make MKI, MkII, MKIII ... types from the same units.

In my opinion, this would be a complete overkill, just too much, sorry, i will not integrate so much civic specific units.
Also there are really not enough models to do that.

At last: your mod doesn`t run stabil either on my PC. Sorry

I seems to be happening after I have chosen new civics and end the turn. I happens on all scenarios, I haven't checked if it happens in random games yet.

EDIT: Apparantly the CTDs are random and happen regardless of what mode I play.

Have you both already tried the hint, to open the worldbuilder at the beginning of the game?

I correct my previous statement. My game randomly crashes regardless of what I'm doing.

Here's a save game as the People's Republic of China.

This mod has a ton of potential. Shame it keeps crashing like this, since I really like the concept.

Attachments

• Mars China1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    83.3 KB · Views: 199
For Jeelen, and the others, who have problems with the endless money and endless promotions bug: I've redone some of the python, so that i don't need the modcomp, which causes the problems.
Please delete your "marsjetzt-v02\assets\python" folder and replace it with this.
The change will not affect savegames.

I correct my previous statement. My game randomly crashes regardless of what I'm doing.

Here's a save game as the People's Republic of China.

I can't load the savegame :confused:.
Did you activate this option, where you can't open the Worldbuilder?

This mod has a ton of potential. Shame it keeps crashing like this, since I really like the concept.

Thanks for the compliment :).
And yes, it's sad :(.

EDIT: Attachement removed, this is totally obsolete with the newer versions.

For Jeelen, and the others, who have problems with the endless money and endless promotions bug: I've redone some of the python, so that i don't need the modcomp, which causes the problems.
Please delete your "marsjetzt-v02\assets\python" folder and replace it with this.
The change will not affect savegames.

Cool, thanks-a-lot! (Sorry for the extra work... and I believe the Unofficial Patch is DLL, yes.);)

The progress gets slower :(.
I'll be out of modding until tuesday, and also then i do not have much time :(.

Cool, thanks-a-lot! (Sorry for the extra work... and I believe the Unofficial Patch is DLL, yes.);)

The work is not only for you ;).
It's also for me, because i didn't really understand, what the modcomp technically did, and so i didn't have the full controll about it.

I was playing a game and it crashed when I was first about to meet Patrick Kirk. This might be a problem with the leaderhead art defines.

You're the first to mention this.
But what could be the problem? The leaderhead shows up correctly (and fit's very nice ;)).

The work is not only for you ;).
It's also for me, because i didn't really understand, what the modcomp technically did, and so i didn't have the full controll about it.

I know... Well, we fail and learn. Anyway, good job as everything seems to work fine now.:thumbsup:

I like this mod, But I am having the "No Interface" problem. I have tried all the patches, none of them helped.

A last minor fix is here, because i can't create a patch at the next weekend :(.
It fixes some units- and buildings-prereqs (uh, some needed a minimal area size, which was really strange).

I know... Well, we fail and learn. Anyway, good job as everything seems to work fine now.:thumbsup:

It wasn't a "fail", ZCivics is a really great modcomp, but doing it myself, without the necessarity of being flexible, is much easier, because i can program python. For all other people, this modcomp is easy to use and adds great options to the game.

I like this mod, But I am having the "No Interface" problem. I have tried all the patches, none of them helped.

Have you placed the mod into the C:\programe files\firaxis games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\mods-folder (NOT in the "My Documents"-folder") and is the name of the folder really marsjetzt-v02?
Please check it again :).

Yup, It is in C:\Programe files\Firaxis games\Sid meier's civilization 4\Beyond the sword\Mods
I was use hot keys to work around the lack of interface, but then I got a Great person and couldn't get him to do anything but move and fortify. I am trying to play on my roomies comp to see if that makes a difference.

WOW I **loved** this mod in Civ2--I'm very very pleased to see this! I can't wait to try it out!

Top Bottom