THE Civ of the Week Thread!

Making leaderheads take a long time, so understandably if one is available easily, then it would be easier to make the civ.

You're right. Working on all of Rafael Trujillo's medals (he was known for them) would take a long time.

You're right. Working on all of Rafael Trujillo's medals (he was known for them) would take a long time.

Not necessarily, the biggest problem about them would be the size of the LH itself. See my Maurits van Nassau for an idea... a PROPER Trujillo would probably be a bit more in memory than that, but still... doable none-the-less.

Dude, my new drunk jam is Calexico. They're pretty decent... well, if you are from southwestern North America that is.

EDIT: not that I just found out about them or anything, but I go through phases. my last kick was a huge reggae thing, which was sort of why there are Rastafarian elements to Lalibela.

Nice job with the CotWs!

How about a Crimean Tatar civ?

The Crimean Tartars are on the list. But they're reasonably far down.

Anyhow, just an update for those interested - I'm wrapping up the Khazars (just have to get the LH right), they should be up by tomorrow at latest; I'm also already giving myself a head start on the Tocharians. :goodjob:

The Crimean Tartars are on the list. But they're reasonably far down.

Anyhow, just an update for those interested - I'm wrapping up the Khazars (just have to get the LH right), they should be up by tomorrow at latest; I'm also already giving myself a head start on the Tocharians. :goodjob:

Nice.

Who are you using as a leader for the Khazars?

Alright, after some problems with uploading, the Khazars are finally up! Check them out.

:D Next up are the Tocharians, who won't be having a custom LH made by me. But that's okay, it's still going to be a custom LH. Anyhow, with the Khazars done, I'm about halfway done finishing all the civs I want for the Silk Road compilation. After the Tocharians I'm thinking of the Hepthalites. :goodjob:

Also, just for laughs, the Civ of the Week Thread now has an official banner! Check out the first post or right below in the spoiler. :goodjob:
Spoiler :

And, for marketing ploys, Civ of the Week now comes with three guarantees:

The 3 Guarantees of Civ of the Week

Civ of the Week guarantees three things that other custom civs usually don't have:

- Unique Diplomacy Music for the leaders
- Unique personalities for new leaders (i.e. leader personality isn't an exact copy of an old one!)
- Unique civilization (civs are almost always somewhat obscure but interesting cultures that have never been presented as civs before!)

@#$% am I a little off my rockers today.

If I could just make one small suggestion. The flag colors are kinda odd to me, because on the flag in-game (not the button so much) it is difficult to distinguish between the blue and yellow because they are so light. Might I suggest, for the symbol, a darker blue or possibly a dark purple color?

Oh @#$%. I forgot about that. The original blue I was using was so light I could barely tell it was blue... Anyhow, I guess I'll just use a very dark yellow or even purple as you suggested next time around.

Another excellent civ of the week!! I'm trying to get some of these civs in my new mod, but the timeline ends around 400AD, which is a bit too early for the Khazars. I'm thinking of using this new leaderhead as Kuluk of the Alani....is there anyone who thinks that would fit/not fit?

Incidently, I think this leaderhead is every bit as excellent as the Khosrau one that you did for the previous civ of the week!!

^You can use him for whatever you want, really, as long as you think it makes sense. :)

^You can use him for whatever you want, really, as long as you think it makes sense. :)

That I realise; the question is, though, whether or not he'd be suitable as an Alan. Come to think of it, I recall discussing them in the Civ III forums and I think they were known for being a blond haired race, so if so, he'd need a bit of retexturing (which I could do).

Texturing isn't a hard skill to pick up, but it is a pretty hard skill to do right... But I think just recoloring his hair shouldn't be that difficult.

Or you could just use him as a different leader. He looks pretty Persian, to be honest, so I guess he could also work for one of the civs in or near that area, like the Sassanids, maybe the Armenians or the Parthians too.

Actually, "back in the day" when Civ IV hadn't been out long, I released five retextured Civ IV leaderheads. Amanishabheto is even used in Civ IV Gold as one of the Nubian leaders. So, I'm aiming to get my retexturing hat back on, it is the sort of thing I can actually do. The nifskope/blender stuff will have to wait!!

I was thinking of Armenia, as I would like to have Tigranes I in the mod, but he'd need a different crown...perhaps you could look at Armenia as a future "Civ of the week?"

Armenia has already been done in CivGold, and I usually keep my hands off stuff that already has been done. However, what kind of crown would be needed? Would it be just a simple reskin of the current one to maybe gold, or something else?

Armenia has already been done in CivGold, and I usually keep my hands off stuff that already has been done. However, what kind of crown would be needed? Would it be just a simple reskin of the current one to maybe gold, or something else?

I've attached a representation of Tigranes I.

Now, that's a crown if ever I saw one ;)!!

Attachments

• TIG21.jpg
    TIG21.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 214
Oh. The attachment wasn't there when I first saw the post...

On second thought, then, that might be a bit harder. More particularly the texturing, as my texturing skills are still in development.

Good job on releasing the Khazars cybrxkhan! :goodjob:
I wish I could get around to releasing stuff...

Top Bottom