[MOD] Eusebius World Religions

Ket said:
For the love of god and all that is holy can we please see a warlords conversion of this!!!!

In other words its great!

With enthusiasm like that, how could I not?! I'm testing it now. Had a very strange bug with the gold per turn being displayed at about 20,000,000. Never completely figured out what caused it and am not completely sure why it went away. (Don't you hate those?!) I'm now not sure events are being handled quite right so I'm taking the step of converting the event handling to the standard one done by Dr. Jiggles (sp?). This will make it easier to to merge with other mods.

Eusebius

HOLY MACARONI!!!! I was away from civfanatics "a little while" and it seems that this religion mod was made, even though for me it never seemed it was going to be done. Well, I test it now. Hope you won't betray your promises...

AND WTF It didnt work. yet I havend installed a mod in years. Does all the files there have to be? Well, how to install a mod?

Just updated message #1 with the Warlords compatible verion.

Eusebius

(Head-slap moment: Warlords has its own log directory. Conversion got a lot easier when I was getting the right diagnostic info ;) )

You Sir ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will go into .4 (I just posted .3) I wish I saw this or I would have held off.

Eusebius, I loaded up the Warlords version and both games I've started had that +20,000,000 gold per turn dealie you mentioned before. Actually in the realm of 23,456,789, or somesuch. Not actually adding that much to my treasury, but oh well. :)

It's also showing the odd trait of automatically lowering my science rate by a click (that is, 10%) each turn. Much the same process as if I were out of gold and running a deficit.

I haven't gotten up to the point where any religions found or events transpire, though. Not yet.

BTW, if you'd like a savegame it'll have to wait until I'm at that particular computer. ;)

I ran into the same problem as Moonbase...after the greatly enjoyable conversation about histories of thing that do matter, I sorta hesitate to pipe up with my little problem about the mechanics..

enjoy the mod and very much enjoy the conversation

my own take is that hinduism has always been much more honest about the destroyer aspects of the godhead, more rational in it's approch to "god doing bad things to people" than either the western ideals of 'the devil did it' or the eastern 'it won't get infected if you don't pick at it'...so its spread was less ballistic than other world religions. both barnum and dr. phill sell alot better reminding people to wear a hard hat around a rock slide.

The incomeproblem is solved by editing CvGameInterface.py as instructed in the first post.

The resources, culture bar and great pepole bar are missing from the city screen.

Is there any way on this mod to destroy religions from own cities? By the way, this rox hard!

Found the problem with the missing icons.

szButton was never decleard and xCoord never got the value set.

After I changed this i gor all the icons back but now icons of all the religions will show just as in vanila.

Morkul said:

After I changed this i gor all the icons back but now icons of all the religions will show just as in vanila.

Could you post your .py file for this? I hate blindly trying to mess with code and I am not very good at it either.

I can if i get Eusebius premisson to do that. I will not release anything before that.

To get religions to work you got to fix gamefont and gamefont_75 there is a small green dot that has to be place after each religion he miss this one,we all need your fix for the icons

The new fonts was good.

I have found several other bugs due to indentation errors. I now got all icons to work as i think Eusebius want it to including just showing the religion icons from the religions that the city have.

I hope i get a respons from Eusebius soon so i can release the fix to those that have requested it.

This is a fun mod but there is some balance issues and bugs.

Gymnasium grafic are missing and the whole city screen interface more or less removed due to this. Personaly i have XML so i dont even thinking about trying to fix this problem. Hopefully Eusebius will come with a new version soon :)

Observe im do not like XML but still had a go at it and found the following.

In CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml the decleration of Hellenistic monastary are typoed. Change ART_DEF_BUILDING_HELLENIC_MONASTERY to ART_DEF_BUILDING_HELLENISTIC_MONASTERY and the grafic on the gymnasium should work.

Edit: Typo

hey great mod. i was wondering are you planning to implent an atheistic view at all? I like playing with a communistic approach in the later game, and thats always been a flaw to me. Great representation of everything else though,i like the world views idea. this mod brings the religous aspect of the game much closer to what i was hoping to see.

Top Bottom