Barbarian ????

bavoss22

Chieftain
I've never played any other civilization games before....CivRev is my first and love it!!!

I learned alot reading some of the threads....

I have a question about the reward you get for defeating barbarians. I notice that sometimes they give you settlers. Is there a certain time period during the game when they will always give you settlers? The reason I ask is because during games I notice that I got 3 settlers in a row from the barbarians. Then 3 skilled horseman.

I also noticed that they are more inclinded to give you settlers if you defeat the barbarians when they are settled on a island piece of land.

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know, what barbarians give you seems to be random.
If I'm wrong, I'd be very grateful to be corrected :)

If you go the mongols then you get to take over the city and use it as your own

Yeah. I don't realy like that though because the you dont get a rare secourceto use. I usualy build a city neaar a rare resource.

Pete Atoms said:
As far as I know, what barbarians give you seems to be random.

As far as I can tell it's random. However, there may be some differences based on what level you are playing. I've been playing Emperor lately and I don't think I've ever gotten a settler. If I'm very lucky I'll get something other than gold (typically a horseman, but occasionally a caravan or galley). When playing King I'd get a lot more bonus units.

If you go the mongols then you get to take over the city and use it as your own

Unfortunately, it's a size 1 city and it may be someplace truly horrid. And you also don't get the terrain bonus that would normally appear.

I usually keep barbarian cities out of the personal prohibition against burning captured cities to the ground-just doesn't hit me as "civilized".

If I play as the Mongols in the G. Khan scenario I tend to look for barbarian cities to take over (and wait until their population is large enough the city will not be destroyed when I conquer it). I do this especially because it lets me give another faction a city (aiding in the future process of relocating them if they are small-thus want cities-and in the way-between me and a place I plan to attack).

On top of that the Mongols cannot make settlers in that scenario (as far as I've seen) so the only cities I can get are those I capture.

Any faction (that I've played) can capture a barbarian or minority faction city-the issue is simply that you have to wait until they are 2+ population to be sure that the -1 population drop that sometimes occurs when you take over a city doesn't wipe it out.

If you are playing on "Chieftan" difficulty, barbs will often give you settlers. You can have a whole lot of cities really really quickly.

After Chieftan, they won't give you settlers.

Other than that, the prize is random, but the prizes are as follows:
- 30, 40, or 50 gold.
- caravan
- spy
- vetern status or elite upgrade (the worst)
- a technology
- a galley (even if you can't build galleys anymore, by having navigation or steam power, you still just get a galley).
- a settler (chieftan mode only)

Friendly huts will give you:
- 25 gold
- spy
- caravan
- a technology
- maps of the local region
- vetern status or elite upgrade

-

If you are playing on "Chieftan" difficulty, barbs will often give you settlers. You can have a whole lot of cities really really quickly.

After Chieftan, they won't give you settlers.

Other than that, the prize is random, but the prizes are as follows:
- 30, 40, or 50 gold.
- caravan
- spy
- vetern status or elite upgrade (the worst)
- a technology
- a galley (even if you can't build galleys anymore, by having navigation or steam power, you still just get a galley).
- a settler (chieftan mode only)

Friendly huts will give you:
- 25 gold
- spy
- caravan
- a technology
- maps of the local region
- vetern status or elite upgrade

-

The friendly huts tend to give quite a lot of techs when you have reached the modern era...is it me or is that a fact?

Top Bottom