Tomatekh's New Civilizations

How dare you, Marbozir's accent is God-tier.

Its very polish. Or Italian. I'm not sure.
Anyway, champa isn't OP. Or I maybe I only say that because I haven't played with them....
(Which reminds me: what's the Xia design?)

Well, my argument is I guess that while powerful, it's not more powerful, and in fact somewhat less powerful, than certain Vanilla civs. So I think it should be kept as is, actually.

While I'd consider the Champa powerful I certainly wouldn't call it OP. It's only powerful if you are able to utilize it effectively on Deity. Also the other civ's in his game have warmonger concerns on him which I'd consider the reverse effect of the UA. Diplomatic cost for the bonus to gold seems like a trade off IMO.

Yeah, I've always seen the fact that the piracy requires war as a nice tradeoff, both in terms of the diplomatic hit and in it not providing any real bonus during peacetime. However, I also agree that the numbers being reached by Marbozir are a little insane (and past what I intended). I'm not sure if I will nerf the civ itself (if I do it would only be by about 1% or so in the gold formula) but will almost definitely scale it by difficulty. So in the higher difficulties the amount of gold you receive will be reduced by a % (though I will keep the amount of gold lost by the enemy civ the same). I just need to figure out by how much.

By the way does the goth leader have crosses on thy helmet, Alaric was germanic pagan, couldn't you just have the helmet without the crosses.

Even if Alaric wasn't Arian, the leader art was originally taken from the Firaxis Viking scenario. I don't personally have the skill to make leader screens of a quality that many people have come to expect. In many cases you make do with what you can get, and I always felt it was petty to quibble over minor historical inaccuracies that might pop up because of this. Is the leader the most accurate representation of Alaric? No. But, I've always felt it worked. You might disagree with this, but unless you're personally able to provide more accurate art of the same quality, it doesn't really matter.

(And, I would like to once again thank Janboruta who did significant work touching up the leader image and providing a background).

Well, given that the Alaric leaderscene theme as been touched, whatever happened with the 3D model for it?

Since the leaderscene is based on Harald Hardrada, was Harald Hardrada a important leader in norway? I'l asked if JFD is interested in doing a Harald Hardrada civ.

Since the leaderscene is based on Harald Hardrada, was Harald Hardrada a important leader in norway? I'll asked if JFD is interested in doing a Harald Hardrada civ.

Fixed That For You(FTFY).
he already made one....
So, Tom, what's next?(I mean after Xia)

Top Bottom