Pre-NEB2: Feasibility Study / Workshop / Signup Thread

I'm mostly indifferent to where this is hosted. All I dislike about the-Frontier is the site design. It's not very pretty even with its numerous features. :p

Which is exactly why it should be run on the Frontier :)

Link to video.

Thankyou all very, very much. The 20th Sept deadline I set has come and passed.

DEVELOPER'S BLOG

I posted this thread while I was off from work with some kind of chest virus. Since I hadn't been modding for a while, a level of naivety had returned... I was then straight back into a busy couple of weeks. I'm reminded that time pressures are very much going to be a thing :)D), so I've still got some thinking to do about how to run this, and how many players I can handle. So I'm afraid I can't make the decision yet about what factions will be starting...

I'm hoping most of the submissions would find a place at some point, if people are willing to have theirs used for NPC factions, etc.

In the meantime, I've started a game engine test thread on The Frontier - testing both how that forum works, and the basic mechanics I had in mind for this NES. This test deliberately uses a different setting. I'm aiming to post an update 0 in a little while, and I'm going to stick with that for at least the next two weeks, maybe longer... I'm sure some will hate me for doing this, but I think its already providing very useful data that will go into making the actual game more workable.

To summarise, this game WILL happen. But it may well be over a month before I'm ready to launch. The list of starting factions will be up sometime before then.

Also, I'm still deciding whether to run the thread here or on The Frontier... To be honest, I'm leaning towards The Frontier at this point, as that would be catching more of the people who originally expressed interest in this. If anyone really does not like that idea please let me know (apart from JoanK, already noted :/).

I updated Terrance's and I's application here. :band:

@Matt, I meant to reply to your PM - I was happy with your original idea, but this works equally well for me and would certainly add a twist to the other continent :goodjob:

If it is necessary, I will make an account over there. I simply prefer to check the least number of places possible.

I am strongly in favour of the NES being hosted here at CFC, for a range of reasons more appropriate for a PM if you want them all Daft.

I am strongly in favour of the NES being hosted here at CFC, for a range of reasons more appropriate for a PM if you want them all Daft.

Please do PM me! I've tested the water at The Frontier and it seems lively enough - as I said its the only place certain people seem to be NESing now. Otherwise I'd have nothing against CFC and it would be easier to post everything here.

Top Bottom