Unique Unit Elimination Thread

I kind of think this thread is a little bias towards some units. For instance, the poor War Elephant was never going to make it, because there are obviously better units for siege etc. There should be a elimination thread where you eliminate UU from the same era. Because obviously units are going to be better on later in the game, so its unfair the way the weaker early game units are eliminated first.

I kind of think this thread is a little bias towards some units. For instance, the poor War Elephant was never going to make it, because there are obviously better units for siege etc. There should be a elimination thread where you eliminate UU from the same era. Because obviously units are going to be better on later in the game, so its unfair the way the weaker early game units are eliminated first.

Wouldn't that be redundant? I mean the last classical era unit to be eliminated would probably win a classical era elimination thread. The same for other eras and unit types.

Wouldn't that be redundant? I mean the last classical era unit to be eliminated would probably win a classical era elimination thread. The same for other eras and unit types.

Agreed, and if anything this poll/thread ended up with a top 5 featuring units all from the same era. If anything it just reinforced the preferred timing (renaissance) and method (ranged units) for going to war in the current game state. I don't believe breaking units up into different orders would've changed much of the positioning either, maybe a spot for something here or there, or perhaps the Battering Ram and Horse Archer might have made out a bit better, not that it makes any difference in the end though, right?

Heyyyyy, the Keshiks made it!

I'm going to go ahead and say that I think the most overrated unit on the list is the winged hussar, the most underrated the battering ram.

People used to love the battering ram, but early conquest is such a hassle now. Attilla got a major shadow nerf in BNW. Ancient era warmongering just ain't what it used to be.

Top Bottom