Information Drought?

Netherlands - Confirmed February 16th (Announcement +0)
Celts - Confirmed February 16th (Announcement +0)
Maya - Confirmed February 16th (Announcement +0)
Byzantium - Confirmed February 16th (Announcement +0)
Carthage - Confirmed February 16th (Announcement +0)
Huns - Confirmed March 9th (Announcement +22)
Austria - Confirmed April 6th (Announcement +50)
Ethiopia - Confirmed April 6th (Announcement +50)
Sweden - Confirmed April 20th (Announcement +64)
I'm reminded of how little interest I had in G&K's civs. Hopefully BNW will provide a better selection.

So far two interest me.

I have a feeling there will be a period of virtual silence. I'd like to learn more about these bazooka men. I hope they are not a future unit however. XCOM squad is already more than enough to make me cringe. lol Maybe they'll add some units for the earlier eras. One can only hope.

bazooka men probably replace helicopters in the anti-mounted upgrade path. Helicopters probably now form their own path. Hopefully helis will upgrade to Tilt Rotors?

I'm hoping they gonna do another new demo that shows off 3 other new civs, World Congress, show us the other two wonders, and show us the new policy trees + ideology trees.

I think we'll get the new civs first, because all the art work should be finished by now. I expect details information about the trees only shortly before launch, as there is obviously a lot of room there for balance tweaks, and they wouldn't want to show of anything that gets changed before launch.

I'm reminded of how little interest I had in G&K's civs. Hopefully BNW will provide a better selection.

So far two interest me.

Hmm - yeah - actually I agree. With G&K I was really more interested in the mechanics being added. I anticipated knowing the new Civs, but once I knew them, they weren't inherently interesting... and one in particular ended up annoying me (The Celts being a sort of combined Celts and Scottish civ in one).

So far two interest me.

Also - what are the two that stand out for you?

For me, I'm looking forward to trying out Portugal and Assyria.

The most exciting Civ announced so far? France.

That said, Portugal sound like fun, although I'm a little worried they might be overpowered. I'll be excited about Indonesia and Morocco if/when they are announced.

Portugal looks amazing, and will easily be my first choice of civ when I get BNW. Feitorias seem almost game-breakingly cool!

Brazil for me (until I hear more announcements.) An infantry improvement and Carnival sound amazing to go along with the new additions added to BNW.

The longer it has been without information the more often I am checking here. It has turned from ...just one more turn, into ...just one more refresh. I'm hoping for some information next week but from Giskler it looks last time we had gaps of 22, 28 and 14 between civs and this time we have had 8, 20 and 15+.

No 2K at E3 this year. Probably not too important given how close to release it is, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Also - what are the two that stand out for you?

For me, I'm looking forward to trying out Portugal and Assyria.

I dont get the Assyria love ... design choice wise I think they are a little dull - they feel like the offensive side of the Babylonian coin - science based civs from the same region one with strong walls one with siege engines. I wish they had have gone a slightly different way design wise with them as they just seem too similar to Babylon as it is. I dont hate the concept of them I just dislike the implementation because they just seem too similar to something already in.

Portugal looks interesting, Poland might be a little overpowered with the SP thing. Brazil looks okay, Zulu is Zulu - you either love them or hate them.

God, this drought is killing me. I was hoping, as a Monday, we'd find new info. But then it occurred to me that I don't even know if Monday is the day new info is typically released.

I have no idea what they'll talk about in detail, but I expect new Social Policies and new Ideologies would be a great idea. What would be really cool is if it's told through a roleplaying game review of someone who fights an epic World War over ideologies and just mentions the changes as he goes along. If he does it that way, they don't even need to talk about new civs (but they could ;) )

There's also the two new scenarios. That merits an entire article by itself.

The remaining civs could be released at once or in pairs. But, either way, my point is that there's still plenty of things to give us more drops rather than this long pause.

God, this drought is killing me. I was hoping, as a Monday, we'd find new info. But then it occurred to me that I don't even know if Monday is the day new info is typically released.

It was Thursday-Friday the last time they gave new info, right? Maybe at the end of this week?

I think there is a small possibility we could see a new civ tease this week. We need to watch Facebook and Twitter for it, but next week is much more likely.

2K Kate went to Firaxis HQ last week to do Community Manager stuff for the Haunted Hollows mobile game. She mentioned on Twitter on Friday that she has lots of pictures to post. I'm hoping we might catch something in the background of those, like box-art or something. Hopefully she puts those up soonish.

I figure any info will be in new threads, not this one, so if this thread is bumped, it means no new info.

I'd be surprised if we go another week without anything.

I figure any info will be in new threads, not this one, so if this thread is bumped, it means no new info.

'Here' as in the forum itself, not this thread.

Top Bottom