Imperial Dynasty Game II (Game Thread)

The Imperial Palace thanks the Noble Houses of the Empire for their tribute. It saddens me to say that the Illustrious David of Huber has passed. His greatness is a light to all of us. Before his death, Emperor Huber I granted his son Davidus of Huber, holder of the Reight of Huber and Lord of the Grand House of Huber to take his place.

All Hail Emperor Huber II

As my first order of business I call for the 'Council of Lords' to assemble at the Palace. There are many areas that need to be discussed. The war although greatly expanding the Empire, has left our Northern borders exposed, and new growth opportunities must be placed withint the cities to support the growing Empire.

Also, as is my duty I shall name my Regent as well as the Lords of each city:

I request that Civplayah and the Noble House of Artok name it's leader to take his place by my side as Regent.

Lords are as follows. Please name you leaders to take up their duty to the Empire:

Artok- House of Artok
Octavia- House of Octavia
Arkan- House of Reichkaiser
Huber- Grand House of Huber
Domgreind- House of Reichkaiser
Dankis- Grand House of Huber
Caesus- House of Reichkaiser
Arian- House of Octavia
Holy See- House of Artok
Draknith- Grand House of Huber

Please see you way safely to the Palace gentlemen where a banquet has been made in your honor.

As the real world seems to have increased it's demand upon us all, I am granting a leave of absence to all Lords for 24 hrs.

If anyone has the chance to update their RP threads, or would like to raise some discussion points for the upcomming turn-set feel free to go ahead. I will play the turn-set tomorrow night, with a turn report following.

My main concern is our city management and land improvements. For example Arkan was supposed to be a military production city so we need farm the 3 grasslands north to work the hills. If I get some time later I'll go over all of them and give my suggestions.

There is alot to be done since our military conquest and alot that has been ignored throughout the years. First off we only have 4 workers and this is just not enough, I suggest building 4-6 more As Soon As Possible or now ;) . Our economy is in the tank, we have no commerce cities and a few low level production cities. They need specializing if we want to take full advantage of our land. The House of Octavia suggests the following:

Artok - Should cottage all Grasslands so they can start growing.
Arkan- Farm 3 Grasslands North (yes even the Hamlet). Once they are finished we can start working the Grassland Mines and get some production out of the city.
Octavia- Is OK for now we can work water tiles. Suggest building Moai Statues for good production city.
Domgreind- Farm Jungle Grasslands, Farm Village and freshwater plains. This should be a descent production city once we can build workshops.
Huber- Cottage plains. Work water tiles and stop working scientists after lighthouse is finished.
Dankis- Cottage all Grasslands except one river to farm for growth.
Draknith- Cottage all Grasslands.
Arian- OK for now but there is a high chance for revolt. I suggest a strong military presence.
Holy See- There is a high chance for revolt. I suggest a strong military presence.

In response to the current dilema within the House of Octavia I would like to establish a new office within the government.

Pro-Consul

The Pro-Consul is head of the Council of Lords. When a council is called by the Emperor it is the task of the Pro-Consul to moderate all discussions and votes towards new legislation (actions to be taken by the Emperor)

The Pro-Consul has the ability to create legislation.

The Pro-Consul submits all legislation, to the Emperor (which can be vetoed)

In the case that the Emperor and Regent are unable to perform their duties the Pro-Consul becomes defacto ruler of the Empire.

The government would be positioned as thus then:

Emperor ---> Regent ---> Pro-Council ---> Council of Lords ---> Aristocratic Houses ---> Citizens ---> Slaves

------
What this does is allows the Pro-Consul to have the legislative power of the Emperor, but not the executive powers. This way Civius can have the power to influence what's going on even though he will not have the ability to actually 'play' the game as Emperor.

Let me know what you guys think.

I also approve. However, I do not completely agree with Civius. Yes, converting would upset our neighbors, but the current status of our cities may be more important. Therefore I propose a comprimise, we attemp to convert some of our nieghbors to the faith (Judaism).

Wish I could open the save :mad: . Converting would do little to help our economic issue and would upset our trade partners. Trading techs may be the only thing that keeps us on pace until our cottages have time to grow. Also we would have to pump out alot of missionaries and give up techs we need for trade to get Lincoln to convert. I suggest we look into converting to Hinduism instead. We will still need to pump out missionaries but would not upset our trade partners. It would also give us 2 allies (Lincoln and Churchill) for triangle diplomacy.

I honorably accept the title of Pro-Consul. I also have Civ downloaded at my moms house so I'll be able to peak at the save once in a while and play the save if the Emperor and regent are incapacitated for an extended period of time.

Then the issue is settled. The new office of 'Pro-Consul' is established. I do hereby grant the title to the House of Octavia. From this day forward the Council of Lords will elect the Pro-Consuls that follow.

If there is no other business to discuss, I will begin our next session. However, I will wait until the Pro-Consul informs me that this session of Council is over.

Pro-Consul Legislative Summary​

Land Improvement Act
The lands of Artonia are severely under-developed and improvement is urgent. The following requests have been made to the Emperor with no objections.

Work force request:
Creation of 4-6 workers to assist in the development of Artoia.

• Artok - Should cottage all Grasslands so they can start growing.
  • Arkan- Farm all freshwater Grasslands. Once they are finished we can start working the Grassland Mines and get some production out of the city.
  • Octavia- Is OK for now we can work water tiles. Suggest building Moai Statues for good production city.
  • Domgreind- Farm Jungle Grasslands, Farm Village and freshwater plains. This should be a descent production city once we can build workshops.
  • Huber- Cottage plains. Work water tiles and stop working scientists after lighthouse is finished.
  • Dankis- Cottage all Grasslands except one river to farm for growth.
  • Draknith- Cottage all Grasslands.

Emperial Gaurd Motion:
New citizens in our Northern Territories are organizing an uprising. Strong military presence is requested in these cities. It may be necessary to enforce slave labor to construct cultural buildings for the citizenry.
  • Arian- Intelligence Estimates are over 9% chance for revolt.
  • Holy See- Intelligence Estimate are over 9% chance for revolt.

The Dankis Proposal
A State religion is requested by the people of Artonia. This will increase happiness, population, cultural power and open up religious civics. Most of our cities have a Jewish presence shared by the enemies but our allies practice Hinduism. A Huberian Hindu Sect is operating in Dankis and we request the Emperor use his power to send Missionaries throughout the Empire. Converting to Judaism is also an option but the benefits can be outweighed if we start spreading Hinduism now.

The council session floor is now closed until the turn session is posted.

I love it Civius... very professional!

Emperor Huber II will begin the third session of the Huberian Dynasty tonight. Turn report will be up this evening.

As mandated by the rules of our great ancestors I Huber II Emperor of our Imperial Empire do hereby report on our last great session.

T 231 ~ Emperor Huber II takes the throne for the third session in the Huberian Dynasty.

T 233 ~ The miners of Octavia have discovered a hidden cache of gems within the hills surrounding Octavia. (Random Event)

T 236 ~ In response to the demands of the Council of Lords I Huber II do hereby enact the Economic Expansion Act to build cottages in the surrounding grasslands of Artok.

T 237 ~ In response to legislation passed by the Council I enact Agricultural Reforms around Arkan to increase our bounty to promote further mining.

T 238 ~ I Emperor Huber II have been requested to see the 'Great Library' in Egypt.

T 239 ~ To continue to abide by Regent David of Huber's Military Acts I begin sending out archers to the frontier cities to stabalize the citizenry.

T 240 ~ Shaka of the Native Americans declares war on our friends the Egyptians. The people of the Empire begin calling for war.

T 242 ~ To the wishes of the Council I enforce further legislation to farm Arkan.

T 243 ~ With the call for Shaka's blood by the people of our Empire, and the discovery of a hole in Shaka's defenses, the Imperial Empire declares war upon the Native Americans. Draknith's army is sent with reinforcements to capture the Native American capital!

T 244 ~ To enforce Coucil Legislation Huber II enacts the Domgreind agricultural reforms to farm Domgreind lands.

T 246 ~ A lighthouse is built in Huber, we begin the training of further workers for our great land. The bombardment of Cahokia begins.

T 247 ~ To further the bond between our nation and the Sumerians we convert to Hinduism as a faith based religion. Octavia builds a lighthouse to further increase our bounty in the seas, and we begin training more workers.

T 248 ~ Domgreind Deforestation Act begins the removal of Jungle around Domgreind.

T 249 ~ Our armies begin the attack on Cahokia lead by Draknith's Army. Another Great General is created and he settles in Arkan to help boost army experience.

T 250 ~ Cahokia is Captured! Although is was a tough decision the Emperor decides to keep the city and it's two (2) Great Generals inside. The Sumerian Peace Accords net us sheep and silk, for fish and sugar. Eyptian Peace Accords net us one (1) gold for raw gold. The Dutch Peace Accords net us spices for rice.

State of the Empire:

End of the Third Huberian Session

----------
Pretty good. I tried to get everything the Council wanted done during my session. I wasn't able to finish everything, but a majority of the acts were enacted. We gained the Native American Captial, threw Shaka from first to last, and finaly got ourselves out of last place! We have an abundance of resources, our friends are numerous, and our foes are weak. Although I know many of our Jewish brothers are upset about the conversion, however at the time it was great for morale boosted across the world. We were fighting the Jewish nation of Shaka, and our friends appreciated it. We can always go back to paganism should we feel the need, but I think we take this advantage and run with it.

Save Game:
View attachment 231481

The House of Octavia congratulates the Emperor on his victorious conquest of the Native American cities. Books will be written in his honor for expanding our great Empire. However our economy is in desperate need of repair. Octavia does not grant tribute to the Emperor as we will be actively campaigning for the Imperial House to help get it back on track.

BTW My game is back on track so I can now open the save!

That is 50% and the Empire has officially gone into an open revolt. The Emperor has been overthrown. Now it is up to the Nobles to choose a new king.

Well 66% since the Emperial House cannot give tribute to itself, If it was 50% it would be 1% short. It is time for our Regent to post a rebellion poll.

Top Bottom