MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

I was wrong. You can't funk with a improvement's happy levels on the BIC. Sorry for confusing you.
I don't know the first thing about modding. :crazyeye: I never even checked if it was possible:nope:
Your team on the other hand. DOES! no a thing or two in the modding game. Its evident everywhere in this mod. At first sight and early in the game the city view :aargh: out an obvious mistake with the BREWERY happy bonus, But playing your mod from the start I find the essence of a what a balanced game feels like. The title tells no lie.

Anyone who plays this mod is impressed with the remarkable attention to detail. thoughtful layout and otherwise smooth error free gameplay. was the Brewery a forgotten mistake, or rather a small fix that wasn't mentioned in the hustle and bustle of late game testing.
Seems to me there was reason for this BREWERY madness. :hmm:

Being that this is the Balancer, could the war wearness have been raised slighty to balance this obvious increase in happyness? I only ask this because for the better part of two games, I never got my entertainment meter below 40%. Seems strange when all my citys had brewerys pumping out :) galore!

No?... Ok how about this?
keeping up in the science race is everything to enjoying the Balancer. How else are going to enjoy the endless variety this mod offers. Unless You like watching other Civs pulverize your city with say for example, the lastest of 30 or so tanks you've got to throw tons of cash in the Science meter to stay in the race.

Have You ever played a huge World size epic with like 20 civs and in the BC years you run into a Civ who' just discovered something light years away!:eek: . This is a result of spending to much for elvis to entertain the civs instead of tucking away money for the wheel or something else usefull in conquer all. Yet without the king, there's Disorder Everywhere I can't compete anyway. All hope is lost. 5 or 6 hours down the drain. Killed all the fun in my Massive Epics anyway. Untill I played This One!

Ok where am I going with this?
the brewery's high happy effect may have eased the towering pressure for me to entertain the peaple :band: just enough to let me raise science % to a level where I could compete with the fast and furious tech trading thats part of massive Map/Civ epics.

To reiterate, This mod is perfect for a "huge map"! and A "huge" economy that requires lots of civs to trade, sell techs etc, in order to fuel the economy for the climb up the immense tech tree.
Otherwize...with the same type of epics, come some very unfair characteristics.. like highly advanced civ's who'll Destroy your bootyscratching ass :ar15: with an automatic weapon while livin in the middle ages. :suicide: That being the big one.)
the Balancer may have implimented the brewery effect to ease one challenge (happyness) in order to eliminate A bigger ailment that when fixed, allowed maximum enjoyment of the entire Tech tree. A crucial decision when considering this tree is twice as large the the original.

Im really rambling here..and could be wrong again, with so many variables to consider who knows?. Any way this will the last time, so Il finish by adding I regret complaining about something that wasn't worth the fuss and in the end, could have been a reason why I enjoyed this mod so much. especially to one of principal reasons behind it.

I'm moving on to something different. like mybe taking a step outside!:cool: ) :) This mod stole to much time from me! But I'll remember my Reloaded days as the height of my Civving expierence. seriously! Good Job man!

Thanks for listening! Later. :smoke:

Thanks for the input, and there is a fix for the Brewery that was a mistake on my part, please forgive. here is a link to get the latest patch for TBX-R;

http://www.evo-games.net/Home/viewtopic.php?t=1524

Make sure you get Patch 1.03 at the bottom of this page. In installing this patch I just copied and pasted everything and seems to be alright.

I am getting a "Too many cities" message around 800 BC on a huge map.
I am playing 1.03 version.
Is there any way to fix that without restarting the whole scenario ?
10x.

aotearoa said:
I am getting a "Too many cities" message around 800 BC on a huge map.
I am playing 1.03 version.
Is there any way to fix that without restarting the whole scenario ?
10x.

You'll have to thank Firaxis for this one. You are actually hitting the limit; The maximum number of cities possible in Civ3 is 512, IIRC. There is really no way around it.

The only suggestion I can make is to reduce the world size and start a new game.

By the way... how are you hitting that limit at 800 BC? What settings are you using?

OK I understand :cry:
I am not using anything special, huge map, emperror difficulty, only domination and conquest victory conditions allowed. May these victory conditions trigger a huge early expansion from the ai ?

It is more likely the huge world size... we enlarged it from Conquests standard. Perhaps you could PM me a copy of your savegame and I could take a look at it?

the 1.03 patch stretched the huge size from 160 by 160 to 282 by 282.
thats how citys maxed out on so fast. THey had the right idea but Way to much land! Still bigger is better:)
Some input in what turned out amazingly smooth for me. :scan: Number of Civs 18
World size 195 by 195 Tech rate 500 distance between civs 38.You know the World Properties in the bic file where you'll find all this.

the distance between civs slows down tech trading at the start, gives you chance to carve out a big slice before bumping heads. Most importantly enough land for the most citys with out hittin the roof. I recorded the pace of city growth from my saved game using the history recorder played till the end.of 530turns.
800 bc 127citys
50a.d 332
340a.d 404 (sprawl slows)
590a.d 450
790a.d 470 ( islands last few spots fill up)
1300a.d 480 (No space left. world war breakout)
Nows the race for real estates over and the tech race begins.

After 530 turns on regent I managed a culture win.:king: The world city total flirted with 500 but never risked going over the limit. It won't mater if you use a differnt time line. I had your standard epic l 60% water,(4000bcto2000,an somthin a.d, 540turns. More than 18 civs will make smaller countries and faster war, Go bigger but you might risk hitting the ceiling near the end. Best of luck. hope this helps when considering a fix.

Kingpin said:
It is more likely the huge world size... we enlarged it from Conquests standard. Perhaps you could PM me a copy of your savegame and I could take a look at it?

Nay, sorry. I was frustrated and deleted all the saves:mischief:
I started to play another mod now, maybe I will retry this one after I'll finish the one I'm playing. Sorry.:sad:

trying to load bit torrent where do I put it on my compter I am really wanting to play this mod

I'm not sure what you're really asking me here... Where do you put bittorrent? Where do you put the mod once you downloaded it?

Try going here: http://www.kingsnet.ca/Civ3_C3C.htm

There is a link to a bitTorrent FAQ that will help you out.

The completed download should be unzipped in your Conquests/Scenarios folder. The Balancer Reloaded biq and folder should both be visible there for it to work.

My what a big mod you have! Nice work on this kingpin. I originally downloaded this for the units but I started playing it the other day and I must say It's quit nice. I have a question about the archers though,how come they aren't flagged for bombard with a range of zero to get that defensive hail of arrows? Was that on purpose or an oops cause the numbers are so close to swordsmen I don't see their usefulness with out it.

Are you working on this mod still? The Tech tree is kind of hard to follow with the overlapping and lack of arrows to follow.

Overall it looks very good I cant wait to get to the industrial and modern era,thats what convinced me to give it a try. Well that and T.A.'s sales pitch......:lol:

ooh Hey, thanks storm, O wait this ain't my thread Ya but this was my inspiration to join the 'modistry' and now after preachin my surmons all over these parts I must say its good to come home and see so many new faces here today.(except for storm, so that makes one new face) :) still its Evo games I learned that gets the hits for balancer anyway,
I hope everyone takes this oportunity to grab bittorrent. its lightning fast, like the loading times on this mod ;) Word serious, for a massive epic, you all will all be surprised! )

Don't forget to read T.A picks for best perforamce and potential economy! standar huge is as small As I recamend, You'll need the right varaibles, to enjoy this one. Remember to put some extra space between your neighbors.
Theres so many techs the cramped layout can make it hard to make out the order, I go by the numbers sequences in the top corner. the backround images make things easy on my eyes, but If your a squinter;) I suggest you turn to the pedia. Not one discript is missing and you got the usual layout, whats before whats after each, to give you a better idea.

I noticed a longer lasting transition in technolgy You get to play with your new toys for longer in this one, but its a smooth flow thats what I was so taken by, like some wepons,ex: artillery, those units are always flyin by, theirs just so many models. Mounted units they add you got tons of flavours types plus Great Wonder spawned raritiy mounts, now add the small wonder not so rare, mounted units. You got all these multiple varities but most importly you get time to get into the "times" and enjoy so good battles. Their not outdated in just a few turns or so. I loved that.

The no upgrade approach on tanks and other machines builds on the balanced theme. In this mod its about rolling out the new models fresh from the factory instead of pulling over for a quick upgade : Having a million weapon upgrades in this mod supports the reason for a supply line approach quite well. Ok Im done Jeez I carry on sometomes,

Edit: revised jibberish before mod designer see's. He'd of thought Im trying to steal his thread :mischief:

I loaded the mod and I was trying to play . When I started to I got this error
art/units/medeivaljapanesesettler.ini what do I do to fix it

Ok you problem is simple. you are missing the folder Extras, from PtW It has this unit and the other units that are needed to play Balancer Reloaded. If you don't have these Someone can link them. Check to make sure you have the 1.03 patch before you do anything. .Heres the path for the extras folder in Civ3 Complete
Fieraxis\Civ 3 complete\civ3ptw\extras\Medival Japan

All you do is copy the units from Medival Japan into the Balancer Reloaded Art\units folder. Do the same with the WW2 units, Just to be sure, It won't hurt. Its just that off hand I don't no if any of those units are in the balancer as well

One other thing If you didn't catch what I said in my last post 2 posts, make sure you check the world size defaulted for huge. Some guy figured huge was like the normal 160x160 and its alot bigger (at least last time I checked) He got the Max city error (512 city limit) in the BC's

if you go over 206x206 with certain variables(ex, 60% water, lowest mountains, continent or pangeae) your risking hitting the city ceiling,

Ihave civ 3 completewith the 2k label

also I am a novice when doing things like this what is the procedure to do this thanks sorry for the trouble

Well your talkin to the right guy I just learned this stuff myself and I take things the easyest way I understand that is drag and drop. Your going to drag the units from Medival Japan and drop them into the Units window in Balancer Reloaded, OK thats the least complicated way of doing it your first time.
Save your Extras Folder( create a duplicate)

Open up the Balancer Window follow this path Civ3complete\Conquests\Sceanarios\Balancer Reloaded\Art\Units.
Ok you see a bunch of folders with all the units. keep that window open.

Now we open the medival folder to the same unit screen as the balancer. I gave you path just go a little further: \PtW\Extras\Medival\ Art\Units

Ok you should have both windows open. a big and a small window. Drag all the folder icons from Medival Jap over to the Balancer unit window and drop them in (Order dosn't matter)

Thats it . remember to repeat for WW2 (Im not sure if those units are needed,but it won't hurt.) you can do it a lot faster other ways but you wanted the easiest explained and thats how I thought would be best.it might not be that clear to others so let me know if you seed some clarifying

I updated that last post If you like, read some earlier posts on this thread, then you will no more from past expierence(its your pref in the end)

I had the file downloaded in wrong folder tried to move it . I am using winrar got the error message saying.
CRCfailed in balancer reloaded\art\Units\Stuka\StukaDeath.flc. Fike is corrurpt. how do I fix this thanks for your help

PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you the file in question. Otherwise, you would have to download the whole thing again :cry:

First I must say the mod is awesome... It gives the game a "new flavor" u know u r playing Civ III "with just few tweaks" <-- sarcasm cuzz I think those are a lot of tweaks he he... but the feeling is that u r playing something different... thats great... like when just bought new game ;)

So far... I guess only few things need to be reworked... like techs three not only because there are no arrows and its difficult to decide wich tech select to investigate but the way the tech tree opens new techs needs to be reworked (in my opinion)..also I guess guerrilla needs a tweak... guerrilla is getting beaten by riflemen so I checked in the editor and I saw that guerrilla stats are 6/6/1 same stats than sharpshooter but sharpshooters are chepear in cost and once u get guerrilla u cant buld sharpshooters anymore. :( anyway I guess guerrilla is supossed to be stronger than riflemen since it asks for more investigations than riflemen so In my opinion guerrilla is a bit weak than it should be or riflemen are overpowered.

greetings. :goodjob:

Top Bottom