Goz-1, I left my wallet at home, but...

I probably would have guessed the same as you, i just thought it was pretty funny ;)

Yeah, Barcelona. I am interested in this, although I already said I dont exactly know how this works. :D

Yeah, Barcelona. I am interested in this, although I already said I dont exactly know how this works. :D

I posted a link before to another game, it's in these forums....Munchhausen1.

There you can understand how ppl work together and if you like it, you're welcome to join us, senora. :p

I call you JK from now on: I repeat myself from the page before...

A succession game is a game where the players take turns and play a handful of turns, after discussion. At the start the first players normally play 10-20 turns, but things can happen and sometimes 10 is enough to hand over the game to the next player.

Not many things are done WITHOUT discussion, like placing new cities, wage war or important deals and of course choosing techpath and policies. We talk about it and decide what is best for us.

We try to give detailed information on what happened during our turnset, back up with a couple of pictures and stuff.

But read the Munchhausen game to figure it out, it's not hard to play a SG, just follow the teams ideas. :)

For some reason I fail everytime, when I try to link to the thread, but I'm Sure you find it, if you just click on succession Games.

I don't care much about horses, I usually never have more than 2-3 at any given time, just to kill off injured stragglers. And I don't remember when I didn't have at least a dozen horses, including most of them from CS. We're are gonna get a couple of city states, sooner or later.

I'm more concerned about iron and I don't think any map have the higher probability to get us some, except maybe 1, at least of what we can see. IF No4 got iron too, it might be the best map I've rolled.

I'm not biased at all. ;)

I too don't use horses that much and i agree that iron is often much more important, atleast for my playstyle. :) I use infantry the most and i usually attack just after a new infantry tech, like steel or rifling.

I think the reason they were mentioning Horses is because Songhai's UU is the Mandekalu Cavalry which is a Knight replacement which requires Horses. It has a strength of 18, 3 moves, and doesn't receive a penalty for attacking cities which makes it the strongest unit we could get for an early conquest. With proper early strategy it is possible to get Chivalry and crank out quite a few MC's by turn 100 or even earlier and just overwhelm the AI. A potential plan to consider.

I usually personally prefer a tech strategy for early Cannons so I like Iron for Catapults to upgrade. But, with such a strong UU, it might be hard to ignore the benefit of finding Horses.

I am going to vote for 4 or 2. 4 will be powerful late while 2 will be powerful early.

Lurker's comment: They're quite good, the Mandekalu's. If I have them I'm reluctant to upgrade them to cavalry, because it's actually a downgrade when it comes to attacking cities.
It would be good for the team to decide whether you're interested in free Mud Pyramids. The social policy thing is something that is best planned early.

Yeah, the question is wether to discuss a lot in the start or to just get going and decide when we have more info :)

Just one question: Any DLCs?

Great. Then I am in :D

Don't forget to vote for your preferred starts :)

Yeah. 4 and... 2. I like coastal starts :)
Actually, no. 4 and 5.

Looks like 4 is going to win this, is there anyone who hasn't voted?

lurker's comment: We're a little lopsided over at the Immortal game if anyone is interested. Good luck with this one, will be following.

Ok, who checked in: The roster is full.

gozpel voted 4 - 3
SLH voted 2 - 4
Sparthage voted 3 - 5
jeffah voted 4 - 2
apocalypse voted 5 - ?
JK voted 4 - 5

Seems like we have a winner, if you have change of heart, please let us know ASAP. Tomorrow this time, the winner will be uploaded. IF the No4 start is unplayable, we'll play 5, it has more points than 2 and 3, while 1 has nothing. So 1 will be my weekend game. :)

But you can still make up your mind for another 24 hrs, IF you really want another start than 4.

Of course Mandekalu is powerful, but normally by the time I would need them I have horses from everywhere. So I don't restrict my start to FIND horsies right away, a CS will give some to you, you can easily trade for them or most of the time when you have 3-4 cities, there will be at least a couple of horses around.

In the sense to get early horses so you can get xp, that is a different story, but I never had to rely on that. 100 turns is a long way to go and by getting swords around turn 50, you can have a couple of puppets already, which in turn might give you them darn horsies if you didn't have any before. :)

But of course, mandekalu is a very strong unit and would be nice for domination. But are we sure we want to go for domination? We don't even know what's outside our borders yet and sometimes the map shape the decision of a victory strategy. So that discussion could wait until we know what we're about to face.

Whatever map we pick, we need some early pointers. We're playing Emperor and I know that if we have Nappy or Greece, even Cathy, they will build a 5-6 warriors and maybe an archer or two, to try to take us out.

My start would be scout, warrior, worker. By the time, around turn 25-30, IF we get declared on we will have enough money to buy a unit or two. I like early archery, but not before techs that benefit the current city, often AH and mining first, then maybe pottery if we have luxes or seastuff, then archery. Which can be moved to an earlier place anytime if we feel an AI is coming for us.

Pretty safe start, and if noone is really around, then monument is good.

Policies: 3 in liberty and then one in honor, to start with.

What i like to do in the beginning is to build the national collage ASAP. That means mining or AH first, followed by pottery>writing. Build order is usually scout>monument>warrior/worker>library.

Meanwhile i go liberty to the free worker followed by free settler. We sell open borders if needed to buy a library in the new city and build NC in the cap. :) After writing i usually grab a few good techs before heading to philosophy, like calender or the wheel or whatever proves to be good.
After the NC we can either start going for chivalry for early mandekalu, education for PT or any other good strategy.

That's what i like to do, however the whole point of this is to learn from others so i wouldn't mind doing something different :)

If we can get the HS we can use the the great engineer to get PT and then another one from liberty finisher for notre dame. Alternatively we can use the liberty finisher to build hagia sophia and then that one for PT. Just a few ideas.

Also, i like rationalism but if you want piety then we could do that. If you haven't figured it out already i like to have a good science. :) it is key to almost any victory condition

Top Bottom