Brave New World Achievements Broken?

Xyxyl

Chieftain
Hey, I just finished my first game of Brave New World as Poland last night, and I know that along the way I earned a few of the new achievements, but none of them unlocked. Is this happening to anyone else? If I recall sometimes it takes a bit for the achievements to work correctly (trying to recall Gods & Kings release), so I'm trying to find some other experiences/knowledge with this.

If I'm not mistaken mods disable achievements as the game thinks you're a dirty filthy cheater for using "Europe Map". Are you using any mods?

I have unlocked around 5 or so achievements so far. None of them appear broken. You are likely either not "online" connected to steam or you are using mods. Both will disable achievements.

Yep I've completed 3 games and I have about 10-11 achievements so it must be something on your end.

In my current game, I unlocked the achievement for building the Collossus, Petra, Caravansary and whatnot in one city: of these, I've only built Caravansaries.

So I'd say, something is broken.

In my current game, I unlocked the achievement for building the Collossus, Petra, Caravansary and whatnot in one city: of these, I've only built Caravansaries.

So I'd say, something is broken.

Did the AI do it instead? I have seen situations in the original game where an AI could unlock the achievement for you.

The achievement seem to be working fine for me so far.

I suppose that's what's happened. Haven't checked.

Yes, I got the "Break Down That Wall" achievement (force an Order civ to adopt Freedom) even though - while I did have Freedom - my civ wasn't influential over the civ in question (the Zulu, who I'd barely interacted with).

Only other time I've seen this happen is with the Danish Norwegian Ski Infantry achievement.

There's some sort of problem with achievements based on victory - sometimes they are working, sometimes not. I would guess it's due to game setup options.

I haven't had a problem with any of the BNW achievements, but last week I didn't get my achievement for finally beating G&K with Austria. Might be a Steam issue, or the game might just not like your save file. Who knows. Just know it's annoying as all get-out, especially with how finicky the conditions for some of these things are.

Top Bottom