Anyone know what happens if 2 people tie for liberalism in multiplayer?

Levgre,

In all games there is always one person who goes "first." Even if it's simultanious turns, the game applies the techs and wonder calculations based on who was first. You can see who is first, second, third, etc. in multiplayer games by looking at the pre-game player listing screen.*

You can see who goes first in SP custom games and SP custom scenarios in this screen, too.

You can see this in action for yourself by choosing the Custom Scenario, and choose the Earth 18 Civs. Then choose Roosevelt as your starting leader. Roosevelt is on the bottom and thusly is the last leader. Once in game, open up world builder and you will see that every other civilization has already founded their first city. Where as if you instead choose Hatshepsut you will see that no other civilization has founded its first city yet, since you are "first" to go.

Levgre,

In all games there is always one person who goes "first." Even if it's simultanious turns, the game applies the techs and wonder calculations based on who was first. You can see who is first, second, third, etc. in multiplayer games by looking at the pre-game player listing screen.*

You can see who goes first in SP custom games and SP custom scenarios in this screen, too.

You can see this in action for yourself by choosing the Custom Scenario, and choose the Earth 18 Civs. Then choose Roosevelt as your starting leader. Roosevelt is on the bottom and thusly is the last leader. Once in game, open up world builder and you will see that every other civilization has already founded their first city. Where as if you instead choose Hatshepsut you will see that no other civilization has founded its first city yet, since you are "first" to go.

This is false for simultanious turns...the only time the game checks the starting list is when you have a tie in score at the end of game...all wonders, religions and liberialism that are earned at the same turn it is randomly decided who will get it.

Levgre,

hmm do you have proof that this is how they determine who gets techs in simultaneous MP games, though? I am aware there is "player 1", "player 2", etc., but I don't know if you can assume that player 1 is determined as first for Lib, wonders, and religions unless you have incidental, or code evidence.

Levgre,

That was the way it was explained to me long ago, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was misinformed. It may very well be that Indiansmoke is correct. I will do some testing on this the next time my friend with civ comes online and lets me play something other than Warhammer online with him. I'll report back with the findings. :)

I got it first in the highlands game, i think it is random though.

EDIT: Checked it out and it is indeed randomized order every turn..

Top Bottom