Scenarios won't load.

Ekolite

Deity
When I try to start a scenario I get a CtD, I have tries it with all the initially available scenarios and ''Play Now'' vs ''Custom Game'' but I still get a CtD.

I have patch e, and BtS 3.17.

Does anyone know what's gone wrong and how I can fix it?

I get a CTD when trying to load a scenario as well.

Kind of a bummer. I've been looking forward to them ever since the teaser screen was first introduced.

Try going to the Scenarios folder (FFH -> Assets -> XML - Scenarios) and double clicking on the scenario file directly. Worked for me.

That worked for me. You miss out on the whole unlocking / achievement aspect, but it's good enough for now.

Thanks for the tip.

I've worked it out! Or at least I seem to have.

To avoid the CtD's you have to start a game as a specific leader, doesn't matter who, but not as ''Random Leader''. This lets you play the scenarios.

oor just fortify your starting units and wait till about turn 3... then go play a scenario, and i wish there was a directory in the title screen

I am having a terrible time getting scenarios to load. I've given up for now, but I thought I'd drop in and say that with patch "f" and following all the instructions people have posted isn't working for me.

So far, I can't seem to find a pattern. Sometimes it works, most of the time not. Each time it doesn't load I end up with a CTD.

Running WinXP pro x64 on an amd machine. All software patched properly.

I get the CTD often as well. I have tried loading scenarios 20+ times with only 3 successful tries. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the CTD vs success. I am now unable to open any scenarios without a CTD. I am going to try to use the load from file in the mod directory option mentioned above.

If you load them directly from the folder, which order should I play them in?

Decius Path:
1. Fall of Cuantine
2. Into the Desert
3. Wages of Sin (unreleased)
4. Against the Grey (unreleased)

Falamar Path:
1. Grand Menagerie
2. The Momus
3. Radiant Guard
4. The Black Tower

Auric Path:
1. Return of Winter
2. Blood of Angels
3. Beneath the Heel
4. The Cult
5. Mulcarn Reborn (unreleaed)

Play anytime:
- Barbarian Assault
- Against the Wall
- The Splintered Court
- Gift of Kylorin
- Lord of the Balors (requires Wages of Sin and Radiant Guard to be complete)

In XP I copied the contents of (FFH -> Assets -> XML - Scenarios) to My Game ->BTS -> Saves ->WorldBuilder and got them to load.

I can load just fine from the files. The CTD problem seems to be caused by the ingame interface.

I will try to provide feedback on many of the scenarios in the next week or so.

it seems to crash for me if i've been playing for a while. if i just got in right away, it works, but if i play a normal game then decide to switch or play one scenario then try another, it crashes.

I still can't play the scenarios either - I thought this would have been fixed for the final release? CTD every time.

still won't work patch q

How are you trying to load them? Do you have a problem choosing "Play a Scenario -> Fall from Heaven Scenarios" ?

No i made it through the screen in-game. Worked first but then it didn't

Hmm, yeah dont use that. Load the scenarios from the scenario menu (it will also be faster than loading a real game to do it). I need to disable the in game scenario menu.

Top Bottom