MoM 9.0+ - What am I doing wrong?

lastofthelight

Chieftain
A query, esteemed sirs and madams.

I played the old Wildmana mod. I have tried the new Master of Mana. The new one seems extremely polished in every respect...except when it comes to the economy. It seems as if improvements now cost upkeep, except for a number of free ones. Wierd (not sure why the change, but alright) - but fortunately, the game has a setting to turn on worker improvements for this feature, so workers will only make improvements on cities that have free improvements, and will otherwise turn off.

Great!

So I turn it on, and nothing happens. The workers sit there forever and do nothing. Nor have I thus far noticed any AI making improvements.

Is my only option here micromanagement? Is there a toggle somewhere to go back to the old economy? I love Master of Mana, but this one single change makes it hard to deal with the rest. I have spent 10+ years in Civ watching workers endlessly improve things, and IT MAKES ME FREAK OUT to not have them constantly doing stuff. And yet, I'm now spoiled by automation and don't want to micromanage.

Anyone know whats wrong? I'm sure there's a way to make them do something, but I have no idea what that is.

Thanks and best regards.

MoM 1.4x is the newest, I think.

The money-for-improvments system was cut for a fixed number of improvements per city.
It's 9+2favored right now. You can buy more with culture points.

I don't automate workers. The synergys between the MoM-Improvements allow some interisting decisions.

I don't know if Sephi bothered to write new worker-AI.
The malakim have a reduced set of Imp. to build.
mine next to worksshop, querry next to marchantthingy, windmill next to farm...
It's fun! have no fear! :assimilate::yup:

Just in case, your first game should be a quick one. The costom game options can do crazy things, otherwise.

Top Bottom