Master of Mana - Download

I can't be bothered to register on your new forum just to ask a question so here it is.

I am using the newest version, 1.3 with the 1.42 patch. For some reason, when ever I try to start a custom game the mod just crashes for me. I am using the absolute default settings for Erebus continent with the time victory disabled but other than that completely default. I newer had any problems with the old versions using the same settings. So what gives?

I can't be bothered to register on your new forum just to ask a question so here it is.

I am using the newest version, 1.3 with the 1.42 patch. For some reason, when ever I try to start a custom game the mod just crashes for me. I am using the absolute default settings for Erebus continent with the time victory disabled but other than that completely default. I newer had any problems with the old versions using the same settings. So what gives?

it almost has to be a corruption somewhere, if you were stable prior to 1.42.

I would suggest a clean install.

Delete all current MoM folders in the Mod directory.

Install 1.3 full version
Install 1.42 patch

the problem should not be in the custom game settings, which I use on 90% of testing.

Thanks for the reply.

I used to run 1.3 unpatched and it worked fine. Than I updated to 1.42 and that's when I started getting the crashes. I did the whole delete and blank install thing both before the original install (to be sure) and a second time before I came here and still no luck.

One interesting thing is that play now seems to work. When I first ran the install I started a play now game with completely random settings, just clicking next->next->next to reset the ini file and that worked fine. But when I try to run a custom game it crashes.

The actual crash happens exactly when I click the launch button on the play now meny. The interface disappears to reveal the background image from the main screen and than a second or two later the game crashes.

This said, the forum said I don't need any of the intermediary patches between 1.3 vanilla and patch 1.42. So I did not install any of them. Should I have?

If you can do it? that would be great.
I don't want to register to another forum

I already posted your message in MoM's forum. Feel free to post bugs/ideas/something else here, I'll post them to MoM's forum. AFAIK, Graywarden also visit this forum regularly so your message will be delivered into the right hand :)

... It's been days. Anyone have any idea how to make it work?

... It's been days. Anyone have any idea how to make it work?

There were no complaint similar to yours in MoM forum. Sephi is at his cave to finish coding/take a break for a while, so there are no response from the team too.

Sorry, all I can suggest is redownload 1.3 and 1.42, then re-install MoM.

Tried that several times... :(
Thanks anyway. At least I now know not to hope.

if play now works and custom game does not, chances are that there is a setting that will cause the crash (captain obvious to the rescue).
i remember vaguely that there was an earlier report about such a setting that caused the crash, i believe it was permanent alliances or some diplomatic related option, but again i am not so sure. i hope sephi fixes this in the future.

regarding your question, you need 1.3 and patch it to 1.42. no intermediate patches are needed.

aquablue responed in the MoM-forum:

I don't think I'm registered with Civfanatics (or if I am I have no idea of my username) so I'll reply here.

Can you ask if they cleared the data under MyGames\Beyond the Sword folder before they reinstalled everything. I know that can sometimes causes problems.

You guys are epic. I re checked everything, cleaned all the folders etc. And it turns out that it was permanent alliances. For some reason the option was turned on by default when I run play now to reset things.

You guys are epic. I re checked everything, cleaned all the folders etc. And it turns out that it was permanent alliances. For some reason the option was turned on by default when I run play now to reset things.

cool! Congrats. Enjoy the game now. Btw, ideal setting is normal speed, standard or large size map, max. 2 additional civs as the default ones.

is anyone else getting this message "./cache/ is NOT writable."when trying to enter the new forum? I can't enter the site... I hope it is due to a massive upload from the master...

Same for me...also comes up when I try to view details of the 1.4 and 1.42 patches. Also I don't find a download like for them on the site, only the 1.3 complete download link :(

Top Bottom