New patch for Master of Mana 1.42!

BlackArchon

Warlord
Hi there,

LordShaggynator and I were working on some Master of Mana fixes, and we want to share the first batch of these with you.
You must have installed patch 1.42 before (it can be found right here). Then download our patch archive and extract it to your "Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana" folder, overwriting the files. A nice installer is on our roadmap.

Changes for Patch C (also contains all fixes from patch A and B):

Aos Sí
- Furies now correctly cost unit support (Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Expansion\Civs\Faeries\FAERIES_CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
- heroes and other units with a race promotion (like Liches) now don't get it replaced with the Faerie race
- Fetches now don't try to steal Combat I, II or III promotions anymore
Balseraph
- Mimics now don't try to steal Combat I, II or III promotions anymore
- Nojah no longer costs unit support (heroes never cost unit support, Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
Frozen
- Frost Giants now correctly cost unit support (Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Frozen\Frozen_CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
Pirates
- Explorers no longer cost unit support (none other of their ships cost unit support before, Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Pirates\PIRATES_CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
Infernals
- Balors now correctly cost unit support (Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
Sheaim
- Os-Gabella no longer costs unit support (heroes never cost unit support, Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml)

Misc
- Gaelan no longer costs unit support (heroes never cost unit support, Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
- Mokka no longer costs unit support (heroes never cost unit support, Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
- Tumtum no longer costs unit support (heroes never cost unit support, Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
- The game option 'Permanent Alliances' is working again (DLL)
- Animals and Barbarians weren't spawning on scenarios, fixed (DLL)
- Cities with Merchant Districts caused Python exceptions if this city had tiles outside of the map, fixed (Assets\Python\CvEventManager.py)
- The progress bar of great persons is fixed (Assets\Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py)
- The forecasted casting length of magic rituals is now correct (DLL and Assets\Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py)
- Removed some old references to obsolete game mechanics (Assets\XML\Events\CIV4EventInfos.xml, DLL (CvUnitAI.cpp))

==============================

Here are the changes of our patch B:

Civilizations
* Aos Sí
** Sprites now correctly cost unit support (Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Expansion\Civs\Faeries\FAERIES_CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
** Eternal Court fixed (indeed many small fixes) (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\CvFaeries.py)
** passive terraforming now checks only Faerie-controlled tiles instead of the entire map (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\CvFaeries.py)
** Pixies are no longer activated every turn when switching to Winter Court (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\CvFaeries.py)
** changing Eternal Court to Winter or Summer Court is now correctly processed (color and Lord conversions) (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\CvFaeries.py)
** multiple color promotions are no longer possible (if an old savegame containing units with broken color promotions is loaded, they get also fixed!)
** starting units now get correctly their color promotions (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\CvFaeries.py)
** random color when a Faerie unit is build now works as intended (before some colors were impossible to get)
** Sprites can now upgrade to Dryads
** Pixies can now upgrade to Furies
** Erlking and Furies now start with generic Faerie race
** added a check which fixes wrong color promotions of Faerie units from older savegames
* Austrin
** when building "The Joining", only civs with a AI script can be summoned (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\CvAustrin.py)
** additionally, the human player gets asked if he wants to change his civilization to the new one (similar to summoning the Mercurians or Infernals) (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\CvAustrin.py)
** Sorah now only casts her city converting spell if her civilization doesn't already have a city (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\austrin.py and Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Expansion\Civs\Austrin\AUSTRIN_CIV4SpellInfos.xml)
** Sorah now has the hero promotion, since she is definitely a hero unit (Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Expansion\Civs\Austrin\AUSTRIN_CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
* Scion
** Bone Horde now correctly cost unit support (Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Expansion\Civs\Scions of Patria\SCIONS_CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
** Thaumaturge's Keep doesn't try to teach arcane units spells anymore, since this was obsoleted by the fundamental changes related to magic use (fixes a python exception) (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\CvScions.py)
* Malakim
** passive terraforming now checks only Malakim-controlled tiles instead of the entire map (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\CvMalakim.py)

Religions
* Bounty of Kilmorph (High Priest of Kilmorph) now works as intended and no longer causes OOS in multiplayer games (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Modular Python\CvFaith.py)
* Lunatics now correctly cost unit support (Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
* Fearful Presence (Cultist) does no longer strengthen enemy units

Misc
* "Vulnerable to Lightning" now has the promotion symbol of "Lightning Resistance", just as "Vulnerable to Cold" has the symbol of "Cold Resistance" (Assets\XML\Units\CIV4PromotionInfos.xml)

Stay tuned for more patches. The performance gains for auto-terraform civilizations like Aos Sí and Malakim are quite huge.

Attachments

• PatchA_for_MoM1.42.7z
    94.7 KB · Views: 281
  • PatchB_for_MoM1.42.7z
    132.9 KB · Views: 212
  • PatchC_for_MoM1.42.7z
    1.3 MB · Views: 484
esvath : is your mod compatible with this one ?? or will "thing go badly" if I try to use both at the same time ?

Hi,

The restoration project is in fact not working still after your patch.
This is due to the fact that the FAE trait is not defined.
This trait is given to the faeries at the time they build the project.
Besides, the blue color is still not available during the game.

Please find attached two files (CivEventManager.py and CvFaeries.py)
in a zip archive. Replacing the original files by those ones, in the wildmana mod directory, will correct those problems.

Otrack

Attachments

• faeriesPatch.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 60
There is a small error in your thoughts:
The blue promotion should be only available for archer units (all units with airBaseCombatStr > 0). So our patch works fine. I have seen some blue units already :)

Calavente, Xtended modules should be working fine with these patches. But XDanalin should be working with BlackArchon's patch, but will not work with otrack's, since the latter is modifying a file that XDanalin use.

After these patches are solid, I will update Xtended, making it compatible to these patches :)

The Project Eternal Restoration will work after the next patch (it works right now, only the setting of the fey-trait to the player was broken). There is a spelling error in the original MoM source (FAE instead of FEY).

nice to know all this :D

I'll finish my Mazatl game and try the updated feys :D

@Lord Shaggynator : do you plan to post the patch at MoMana's forum? I'd like to merge yours and BlackArchon's changes to Xtended (especially those in python files).

I think first we want to fix some more issues with the Aos Sí (like the one otrack reported), then we will post it on masterofmana's forum.

Hi,

The restoration project is in fact not working still after your patch.
This is due to the fact that the FAE trait is not defined.
This trait is given to the faeries at the time they build the project.
Besides, the blue color is still not available during the game.

Please find attached two files (CivEventManager.py and CvFaeries.py)
in a zip archive. Replacing the original files by those ones, in the wildmana mod directory, will correct those problems.

Otrack

I just reviewed your files. Sadly, the changes in CvFaeries.py are not useful, obviously you haven't fully understood what we were doing.
With your changes, all Eternal Court units are able to get the true blue promotion, which isn't of any use for units without range combat abilities (line 196, 197).
In convertUnitForCourt() on line 412, if the player has changed his court to Eternal Court, you want to convert all true color promotions to regular ones - why? The point of Eternal Court IS to have these true color promotions.
In cleanWrongColors() on line 570, you added the return statement. On our first attempts, we had this, too. But then we thought about it: without the return, we are able to fix also units with more than two color promotions. So if someone has an old savegame where a unit has like three color promotions (due to the former bugs), we could fix these units if the player changes his court. So we left this return out.
In line 613 you added the useless blue promotion to the list or possible promotions for the starting units. But since there are no archer units as starting units, this may grant a useless promotion to these units.

HI.

I tried to change TRAIT_FAE into TRAIT_FEY in CvEventManager.py.
(I opened and saved the file with wordpad)

However, when doing that I had a lot of python exceptions.. I even lost the interface in the new game.
even after I changing it back it still bugged.

only when replacing by a copy from before modifying could I load MoM without python exception

where did I go wrong ?
(was it keeping a file named "copy of CvEventManager.py" in the python folder that was bad ?)

If you want to test your changes, you have to close and restart Civ4/MoM. Editing the python files while civ is running will cause the errors you experienced.
If you still have these exceptions you should post a screenshot of them (and of the (wrong?) code).

We've fixed the trait error already. I suppose BlackArchon will post a new patch today (including some other fixes).

well, I tested my changes with civ4 "not running"
I edited the changes, THEN started MoM.
and it bugged, but those were alertes : you know, not the brown cases, but grey cases with an angry red cross.

as changing the line back didn't remove the alerts, I thought they came due to the use of an uncorrect tool :D

I've added patch B and updated the release notes. Bold entries are new fixes for patch B.

After patch A, we had found some remaining issues for the Aos Sí, which are now resolved. Our changes were selflessly tested on our multiplayer game during saturday and sunday. Please don't hesitate to report any issues you might find. :)

We currently prepare patch C, these are the new changes so far:

* Aos Sí
** Furies now correctly cost unit support (Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Expansion\Civs\Faeries\FAERIES_CIV4UnitInfos.xml)
** heroes and other units with a race promotion (like Liches) now don't get it replaced with the Faerie race (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Civs\CvFaeries.py)
** Fetches now don't try to steal Combat I, II or III promotions anymore (Assets\Python\entrypoints\CvSpellInterface.py)
* Balseraph
** Mimics now don't try to steal Combat I, II or III promotions anymore (Assets\Python\entrypoints\CvSpellInterface.py)

Top Bottom