Patch D for MoM 1.42

BlackArchon

Warlord
This is our first patch which will break savegames.

Changes for Patch D (also contains all previous fixes):

Civilizations
Balseraph
- Courtesans and Nojah: When they defeat a stronger unit and copy their opponent's strength, the game now considers also promotions like strong or heroic attack/defense (Assets\Python\Wildmana\Expansion.py)
Infernals
- Hyborem may get a Balor after building the Infernal Grimoire (Assets\Python\CvEventManager.py)

Misc
- New art files by tesb
- Updated Aristrakh civilization by tesb
- The calculation of a unit's strength got incorrect if it hits 0 or even below - fixed (DLL, breaks save games!)
(Before you could have weird effects like a 'Cult of Esus Enforcer' with Crown of the Martyr - the result was -1 base strength for the unit. Now the strength of a unit can never be lower than 0, and it also calculates correctly effects like Black Fire on low base strength units like skeletons.)
- Fixed a possible crash (CTD) when two players are forming a permanent alliance
- The great person progress bar is fixed
- The spell research progress bar is fixed
- Removed some more obsolete game mechanics
- Fixed the tooltip for units which have a chance to pass an effect to their enemies after combat

Link to patch C (and older) thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=469490

Please see also http://www.masterofmana.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2815.

Attachments

• PatchD_for_MoM1.42.7z
    7.2 MB · Views: 211
same for me

I love that patches are being independently released, but I am forced to roll back the patches to the 1.42 release from February. The reason being is my game crashes 100% of the time now. It doesn't crash immediately, but eventually it does. The turn I get a gamebreaking crash on marathon happens anywhere between turn 700 and 1000. Since I love to play very long games, and not conquer the world early on like some do, I literally can't play this mod anymore. I have checked my downloads, reloaded, etc. Nothing helped cut down on the crashes except for rolling back.

I have also encountered a very unusual bug since updating to this patch. In one game about a quarter way in, the Armageddon counter was going down by 5 every single turn, and did so for the rest of the game. Eventually I jumped into WB and looked around, and it stopped when I deleted a barbarian city that... really had nothing special attached to it, but then the game crashed a few turns later. This same bug happened in another game, and this time it started at around turn 400 in marathon and I couldn't find anyway to stop it. Both games I was playing the Sheaim and trying to end the world, so both saves were obviously wrecked by this bug.

I appreciate the effort in keeping this mod going, really. I just don't see how it's playable right now. If this is an isolated incident, I'd love to know what I can do to fix it so I can continue playing some old saves. A few saves were building up to an epic battle and then... gamebreaking crash.

I didn't even know there was a new patch. Thanks for telling me. I did download it and it broke my saves, but hopefully I can play new games without crashing after 600 turns.

I know.. I hope to do so.
but I don't have internet on my PC at them moment.
well.. at least it means I'll be able to finish (well "advance") my current Dural game

Top Bottom